Jump to content
Lala81

What is in your larder?

Recommended Posts

OK using panic free wording for what is in your cupboard and freezer right now. As things develop, the chance of being on LOA/SHN is increasing just by statistics. 

Recently the supermarkets not been able to catch up with the increased demand as we been seeing many other countries undergoing movement restrictions. Redmart just gave up and stopped taking orders until 4th. 

Other than instant noodles. 90% pasta is gone from supermarket. Also many of the non instant packet noodles. There's a lot of rice. Other things are abundant. 

Come share some ideas on what u are storing? 

Japanese curry cubes are gone (especially the less spicy ones for kids). Most knorr stock cubes are gone. 

Funny brands tinned sardines and luncheon meat are coming in. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 packs of maggi mee,  4 packs of digestives, 20 kg of rice, 8 cans of sardines, 4 cans of baked beans, 4 cans of pork cubes, 4 tubs of kim chee, 6 tubs of hagen daz ice cream, 5 packs of curry twisties. 

[laugh]

  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol....if I were to share the details, will surely be considered hoarding.  😁

Anyway  Lala81 only want us to share what's the pantry (and not the freezer as well),  here's just a rough description.

I'm not a die die must have rice person, so, only have a 5kg bag. The rest are pasta, non instant noodles, beehoon, dried ban mian, mee sua, vietnamese rice paper. Flour, yeast & salt (make own plain or savoury bread). 

Cooking oils: EVOO 8 litres, canola oil 3 litres

Canned food: Tuna chunk, baked beans, diff types of mushrooms, Spam, vegetarian mock meat, bamboo shoot, Abalone (used to take only during CNY, but now with COVID-19 crisis, must learn to enjoy it more often). 

Drinks: Pocari Sweat 2L bottles (in case kenna diarhorrea, need to replace lost fluid), sugar free A&W Root beer (airflown fr USA), Pokka non sweetened Oolong in 1.5 litre bottles,  assortment of beer (not a fan of corona all along).

Lastly, charcoal (as standby fuel) 😅

 

 

  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 3
  • Haha! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carb

12kg of unopened rice. 

Chilled udon in fridge. At least 3-4 packs of kimchi ramen. 

Macaroni, congilere (stuff that my kids commonly eat). some spaghettini. 

Protein

At least 20 eggs in the fridge. 

Pork chicken salmon. Some chilled tau kwa from supermarket (though I usually prefer the wet Market type). 

6 cans of sardines.

4 packets of uht milk. 

Fibre

5 packets of frozen broccoli. 2 packets of sweet potatoes. 

1 packet of rolled oats. 

Condiments 

Standard stuff I use for marination, I got a 2nd bottle. 

6 cans of diced/peeled tomatoes. 2 packets of chicken broth 

  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TameDriver said:

Lol....if I were to share the details, will surely be considered hoarding.  😁

Anyway  Lala81 only want us to share what's the pantry (and not the freezer as well),  here's just a rough description.

I'm not a die die must have rice person, so, only have a 5kg bag. The rest are pasta, non instant noodles, beehoon, dried ban mian, mee sua, vietnamese rice paper. Flour, yeast & salt (make own plain or savoury bread). 

Cooking oils: EVOO 8 litres, canola oil 3 litres

Canned food: Tuna chunk, baked beans, diff types of mushrooms, Spam, vegetarian mock meat, bamboo shoot, Abalone (used to take only during CNY, but now with COVID-19 crisis, must learn to enjoy it more often). 

Drinks: Pocari Sweat 2L bottles (in case kenna diarhorrea, need to replace lost fluid), sugar free A&W Root beer (airflown fr USA), Pokka non sweetened Oolong in 1.5 litre bottles,  assortment of beer (not a fan of corona all along).

Lastly, charcoal (as standby fuel) 😅

 

 

Eight litres of evoo? Wah u drink it for elixir? 

Oils should only buy fresh one leh. Esp evoo. 

I've been looking for the canned seafood like Pacific or razor clams but can't find. 

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway whatever u buy. Make sure u eventually consume it and store it properly. Its not a crime to have a stockpile but we shouldn't waste food. Like I dont eat luncheon meat or canned pork/curry etc as a habit generally, so I don't buy these types of food. 

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Eight litres of evoo? Wah u drink it for elixir? 

Oils should only buy fresh one leh. Esp evoo. 

I've been looking for the canned seafood like Pacific or razor clams but can't find. 

Lol...I use it daily to apply all over my face & body mah.  🤣 

Actually, I use mainly EVOO in my cooking & salads, pasta..... except for high heat dishes.  No deep frying.

 

 

 

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Looks like my family and I need to stock up more.

- 0.5kg of rice (from last year)

- 3-5 packs of various type of pasta

- 3-4 boxes of cereal

- 2 packs of frozen pizza

- 10-20kg of various frozen meat (for dogs but human can eat too)

- eggs, flour, butter, etc (baking)

- pasta sauce

- 1 pack jap curry cube

- frozen peas and corn

- some fresh vegetables (some for dogs)

- fruits

- 2 cup noodles

- fresh milk

Edited by Silver_blade
  • Praise 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)

124 cans/bottles (I just counted) of beer: Sapporo, Kronenbourg Blanc, Skol, Tiger, Asahi

6 bottles or red wine (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz)

2 bottles of Bailey's irish cream

1 Hibiki harmony

1 Ciroc peach vodka

1 Absolut lime vodka

1 Five X.P. brandy

and some more deep inside the cupboard 🤣

 

oh wait food ? errrrrr tmr need buy liao 😛😅

Edited by SiLangKia
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 400 bottles of 600ml water. Food wise, nothing to brag about but have 25kg of fats which should last me about 2 months without eating 😂

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was buying soya bean drink when I noticed the .cambell soup were missing from the shelves.

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Was buying soya bean drink when I noticed the .cambell soup were missing from the shelves.

Corn flavour still there! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 4 X 10 rolls of toilet paper.. 😋

  • Haha! 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

I have 4 X 10 rolls of toilet paper.. 😋

More valuable than gold. [laugh]

  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a serious note.. I have enough fresh, dried, canned, frozen food to last at least a month.. 

As I've been telling my family n friends, now should keep fridge n larder full, don't wait till down to last egg or pack of noodles to go buy.. but buy only what u can finish before they spoil...

Toilet paper also.. 😁

  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

On a serious note.. I have enough fresh, dried, canned, frozen food to last at least a month.. 

As I've been telling my family n friends, now should keep fridge n larder full, don't wait till down to last egg or pack of noodles to go buy.. but buy only what u can finish before they spoil...

Toilet paper also.. 😁

What types of food u stock up?

T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TameDriver said:

Flour, yeast & salt (make own plain or savoury bread). 


I was reading reddit.
Yeast ran out for many americans and europeans. So they couldn't bake. Though i guess u can try making your own sourdough starter from scratch.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lala81 said:


I was reading reddit.
Yeast ran out for many americans and europeans. So they couldn't bake. Though i guess u can try making your own sourdough starter from scratch.

I also cannot find it in supermarkets in my area for a while. Wanted to buy cos my kids want to make bread.

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×