Lala81

Internal Moderator
10 hours ago, Sadan said:

Did you tag wrong person?? I so long no post also can arrow me 😂

Hahha, Miss you mah. 😘

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Will a walk in grocery shop work? 

You order online and the shop put in a paper box then you go down at prescribed time and location. Scan your code, pick up your box and walk off in ten seconds. 

18 hours ago, Kb27 said:

I just bought 2 growing bulbs, cheap ones. Unfortunately, my coriander seedlings die due to root pest infestation.

The problem appears to come from the soil/charcoal when the pest are already there.

Herbs are continuously attacked by pest, very troublesome to keep up.

My side a bit different, kept kena attacked by ants these days :pissed-off:

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

My side a bit different, kept kena attacked by ants these days :pissed-off:

Ants may be a secondary problem.

They come bcuz of aphids. In my case, I believe it's root aphids.

Now I use  ant duster. Just apply around the plants where they come. They crawl over it and they die.

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

Ants may be a secondary problem.

They come bcuz of aphids. In my case, I believe it's root aphids.

Now I use  ant duster. Just apply around the plants where they come. They crawl over it and they die.

Hmm, where to buy other than online? I bought a powder version from NTUC and all I got was ants walking all over it like some SOC I created for them :lll._.:

Supersonic
24 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Hmm, where to buy other than online? I bought a powder version from NTUC and all I got was ants walking all over it like some SOC I created for them :lll._.:

I got it from Giant Tampines, the plant section. It's still open now.

• Praise 2

59 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

I got it from Giant Tampines, the plant section. It's still open now.

Great, I'll probably go when the virus situation settle down a little more.

Thanks buddy.

(edited)

Woken up by that stupid bird this morning.

Well, decided to go down to my poultry seller to buy more chicken for my larder (i went twice earlier this week but queue too long). Managed to be 2nd customer.

Bought $40 worth. Just freeze so that i won't need to go for another 2 weeks.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Not sure if it's me or what, SS at Elias mall always run out of stock on their shelves. 

Maybe there got more aunties and uncles...... 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

Not sure if it's me or what, SS at Elias mall always run out of stock on their shelves. 

Maybe there got more aunties and uncles...... 

find a more ulu one bro.

I have 3 SS nearby within 5km. Only one open 24 hrs and is not fully surrounded by flats, 2 ntuc ard it helps too. Stocks there always healthy except for eggs. 

Down side is it is furthest and stocks dont move as far as the other 2. ^_^[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

(edited)

The NTUC at my workplace has a queue to enter all the time, not including the queue inside. 
I haven't tried to buy anything from there.

Have to drive to another less popular NTUC near my house to get stuff yesterday. 

This time stock up fresh milk/soy for one full week. The UHT keeping as emergency stock.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

I find some ntuc inside still got space to move around, usually it is the long queue at the cashier counter that scare me off. Esp some ntuc space is small, plus the long queue, i dont find comfortable queueing esp during this period.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
22 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Great, I'll probably go when the virus situation settle down a little more.

Thanks buddy.

Bad time to go Giant Tampines today. Queues are super long. 

Even for entering, they are queueing up.

And at the cashiers, many long queues.

Ikea and Courts are closed, so where do all these revellers go to  ?

They seemed to have forgotten, we are still in lockdown.

LHL says stay at home, but who's listening ?

4 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Bad time to go Giant Tampines today. Queues are super long. 

Even for entering, they are queueing up.

And at the cashiers, many long queues.

Ikea and Courts are closed, so where do all these revellers go to  ?

They seemed to have forgotten, we are still in lockdown.

LHL says stay at home, but who's listening ?

I think essential workers, some only have time on some days bah. For the majority of students/workers, for this month, PH doesn't mean anything to them.

• Praise 1

On 4/6/2020 at 11:09 PM, 13177 said:

Your stock can last for how long without having to replenish? 😅

I have been thinking hard how to reply to your question. I can have a very clear answer on baking related, i.e. I used about 1.5kg of flour weekly on average, so my 5Kg stock can last me only about 3 weeks, but not the others as usage pattern can be quite "elastic".

Take for example all the meat and fish I have, it depend on whether I cooked them all (each meal have fish and meat), or I have them done set meal style (e.g. salmon steak). But all in all, if I were to ration them properly, lasting it through the 4 - 6 week CCB should be doable.

As for dried products such as instant oak, cereal, I normally get them from NTUC warehouse (Joo Koon) or JB, so I just get as much as I can, and that easily can last me 3 - 4 months each round. Canned food wise, somehow my family don't prefer it (except for sardine and the fried dace with bean), so they are really for adhoc needs.

Actually I share the same thought as @Tianmo in certain aspect, I will cater some of these buffet stock I have for my mum (she don't stay with us), as and when she called. She always said that 1 person don't need to stock up much, and have the habit to call me only when she was about to run of of something...[sweatdrop]

• Praise 8

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

I have been thinking hard how to reply to your question. I can have a very clear answer on baking related, i.e. I used about 1.5kg of flour weekly on average, so my 5Kg stock can last me only about 3 weeks, but not the others as usage pattern can be quite "elastic".

Take for example all the meat and fish I have, it depend on whether I cooked them all (each meal have fish and meat), or I have them done set meal style (e.g. salmon steak). But all in all, if I were to ration them properly, lasting it through the 4 - 6 week CCB should be doable.

As for dried products such as instant oak, cereal, I normally get them from NTUC warehouse (Joo Koon) or JB, so I just get as much as I can, and that easily can last me 3 - 4 months each round. Canned food wise, somehow my family don't prefer it (except for sardine and the fried dace with bean), so they are really for adhoc needs.

Actually I share the same thought as @Tianmo in certain aspect, I will cater some of these buffet stock I have for my mum (she don't stay with us), as and when she called. She always said that 1 person don't need to stock up much, and have the habit to call me only when she was about to run of of something...[sweatdrop]

Your meats can last 4-6 weeks? Is this frozen meat or fresh meats brought from wet market/supermarket?

I always have this mindset that meats bought from supermarket can only last for 3 days, if not no longer fresh. But meat bought from wet market, usually can last up to 1 month.

Actually for 1 person, indeed no need to stock up too much food stuff, cause would ended up cannot finish up all the food.

As food is easily obtain in sg, thats why many people dont really have the habit of stocking too many food at home, so as to stay fresh and also dont want to risk cannot finish. But suddenly due to this CB happened, many people really caught off guard and dont know what to buy and how to stock up food for many weeks?! Lol.

• Praise 1

This is why you still can see many people still going to the supermarket and wet market to buy food stuff daily during this CB.