COVID-19 III: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TO 1ST JUNE: 1,037 New Cases - (23 Apr)

Windwaver

Message added by kobayashiGT

6 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

KNN any colour of face mask will not revive her dull face

Classic case of a cb singaporean who complains about everything and anything.

cb auntie! I spit at your face! :grin: 

eh cannot cos the spit will be stuck at the mask I’m wearing and I’ll gonna have to wash it. LPPL 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

9 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Hyundai service center closed for the period as it’s considered non-essential. Would expect the same for all service Centre I guess.

6EDC41DD-0BB0-4192-97FF-D7E5EFCD021D.jpeg

Heng ah! Sent for servicing Liao :grin:

• Praise 3

[Sent by Gov.sg]

*COVID-19: 6 Apr update*

*New cases: 66*
  - Imported: 1
  - Local cases (linked): 35 (24 cases linked to clusters at foreign worker dorms; 11 linked to non-dorm clusters)
  - Remaining local cases: 30 _(contact tracing ongoing)_

*Total cases: 1,375*
  - Hospitalised: 571 (25 in ICU)
  - In isolation, private hospitals*: 454
  - Fatalities: 6
  - Total discharged: 344 (Discharged today: 24)

More: go.gov.sg/moh6apr

_*Patients doing well but still testing positive for the virus are moved to Community Isolation Facilities and private hospitals_

*Further support for families, workers and businesses during the circuit breaker period*
- Businesses: go.gov.sg/solidarity-businesses 
- Families and households: go.gov.sg/solidarity-families 
- Workers: go.gov.sg/solidarity-workers

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Othello said:

I just overheard a conversation between 2 lao uncles lamenting the fact that they cannot sit down and la kopi. One of them said " nehmind, we can just drag the chairs outside and sit down. Just keep a distance lor" 

This is why we need a draconian movement control. Not letting barber shop and such remaining open! 

Yes exactly. I saw some ah peks sitting on the floor, smoking,  at the staircases of the Void Deck a few steps away from the kopitiam.

their mentality:

now got no table and chair, sit on the concrete floor lor. 

no smoking area at the coffeeshop, I smoke anywhere lor.

38AA1CA4-A19B-4660-A63B-0BA297515D9F.jpeg

• Praise 5

9 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

I don't follow you on if my colleagues lose in the coming election and they will abandon all efforts. Blackmail? If you are no longer the government of the day, how can they demand governing the country their way? That is why we have the civil services which would carry out what was planned prior to the transition unless the new government decides otherwise.

Again, you are mistaken, in the army if you had served NS and reservist, the day you got enlisted, you were made to do the pledge of allegiance. Hence, your scenario can never exist unless you are planning treason r coup. 

PS: In short, with your reasoning, my colleagues really thank you because precisely with your reasoning that ensures my colleagues remain in power. 

Personally I agree with you but I do believe there is a fear that should the G lose power, efforts will change with regards to fighting the virus.  I know the civil service does most of the work.  The problem is that some people might think the civil service is partisan in nature. I work there so I know it's not true but I believe many people dont think that way - hence to your last paragraph, it's hard for the opposition to make in roads when such thinking prevails.

Anyway didnt your boss say if 10 to 15 opposition  get voted in he will lose focus or something like that?

With regards to your comments about army, do your colleague say any oath of office as opposed to just Singapore pledge? I know the president  has but not sure about the rank and file MP.  But hear say they said with no money they dont have dignity.  While it is a stretch to link this to a soldier telling his boss he can't fire unless he gets the pay, it is similar to an extent.  And to be more specific, after the politicking when WP won Aljunied, is it not justifiable to think that something similar could happen if the opposition did manage to take over the govt?  Even in the midst of crisis?

I am not accusing anything.  It's just that when people have seen this, they think thoughts.  And I believe the G knows that.

Your one point.  Legally vs morally.  I admit.  Legally its correct. I hope the G will do the morally right thing.

• Praise 3

22 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

They changed tack. Now it’s “contact tracing ongoing” instead of unlinked.

i feel this is a better way to communicate to reduce the fear factor. New Unlinked cases may eventually become linked, just that it takes more time and some simply cannot be established immediately.

But they also stop reporting total number of untraced cases? Now can't find from MOH website... last total was 145 2 days ago

Twincharged
4 hours ago, Icedbs said:

This is really Karma. Unfortunately, the FWs have to get infected first to get the authorities to wake up and take notice.

This virus, as insidious as it is, also taught us many facade of life.  That this planet does not just belongs to us humans,  or that our life purpose should not consist of just work and work. And in this dormitory case, that even within humans, we need to treat others well and shouldn't be suppressing groups who are vulnerable.

The day we get out of this, I think we should all look again at how we have been treating the environment,  the animals, our family,  and other fellow humans and take them into consideration in everything that we do.

Sadly, there are native Singaporeans who are living worse than those in dormitory but just that it is never reported. Go ask NGOs.

Over the years there is no point judging others (be it individuals or organizations or even government) because it has to start with ourselves first.

Why bother to feel sorry (not referring to you), then a few minutes forget about it, just a mental exercise to make oneself feel good that he or she has empathy. Instead we should follow through.

We all can start small, no need to begin with ambitious projects.

Tommy Koh is right and wrong. The government can only set parameters but it is the up to the individual (company or organization) to do the decent thing. I would like to ask Tommy Koh while he was in service, didn't he find the need to change the wrong, semi-wrong and completely wrong, to become right. Why after leaving the government service then be so critical. Surely, while being "inside" he must understand the difficult to change the status quo.

I had been warned by my arch enemy, Radx about giving out chicken rice and biryani, otherwise you would be one of the recipient.

• Praise 7

Internal Moderator
10 hours ago, PSP415 said:

A neighbour shared this 😂😂😂

IMG-20200406-WA0020.thumb.jpg.8e26495758accc565fbf5bd99f877e17.jpg

Karen makes Joey angry. Joey is really angry. 😂

• Haha! 8

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Othello said:

Karen chio or not ? [grin]

Need to ask Joey.

Don't ask me Joey chio anot arh. Cause need to ask karen also. 🤣

• Haha! 5

On 4/3/2020 at 4:34 PM, RadX said:

89E2062F-9DF4-4C07-A032-09C3D4510606.jpeg

Dude is supposed to be polylinguist.

He neber speak the Russian yet.

This EB person must be uninformed and not of the blood. It was reported in the newspapers many years ago. Really many years ago.

• Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Karen makes Joey angry. Joey is really angry. 😂

That's why I said ppl here work based on their mentality. Common sense dont work and intelligence wont work. They basically work and talk on what they want and not think it thru before they open their mouths.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Othello said:

I just overheard a conversation between 2 lao uncles lamenting the fact that they cannot sit down and la kopi. One of them said " nehmind, we can just drag the chairs outside and sit down. Just keep a distance lor" 

This is why we need a draconian movement control. Not letting barber shop and such remaining open! 

During this 1 month CB, no dine in is allowed, i wonder if people sitting at hawker centre drinking beer/kopi consider dine in? 

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

I suspect new cases of infection within Tekong.

The narrative has changed from a few days ago when SAF was still pretty confident about the entire situation. 

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

They changed tack. Now it’s “contact tracing ongoing” instead of unlinked.

i feel this is a better way to communicate to reduce the fear factor. New Unlinked cases may eventually become linked, just that it takes more time and some simply cannot be established immediately.

think need to up the fear factor.

Turbocharged

So many politic talk .. haiya only in a democracy where a cibai can get in by majority vote..while the smarts ,  the rest talk and such thumb only la.. actually many here just wanna be CCP la or Kim.. 

↡ Advertisement