COVID-19 III: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TO 1ST JUNE: 1,037 New Cases - (23 Apr)

Windwaver

Message added by kobayashiGT

9 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

My hairstylist is closing her 2 shops till control period is over.  Said haircut alone cannot cover cost, might as well suspend operations and minimize risk to her and her staff.

So guys, get ready rubber band.  Wahaha....

Just kidding, the corner barber shops should remain open.

lucky i last week cut liao, and cut until short short, lubber band also cannot tie...^_^[:p][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
14 minutes ago, 13177 said:

This is why China covid situation seems to get better now cause they implemented full lockdown very fast back then?

Back to normal liao!

Huangshan:

Capture.thumb.JPG.c584b3d12a1f39fc9e1fdd60035fe616.JPG

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 2

31 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Today although traffic lessen by about 40%.. I still see some human traffic... Then I also saw one taxi driver quite ke Lian.. Park at open air carpark stand outside taxi and eat the ta pao noodle. 

Go home & sit lor.

Sometime ppl don't adapt to change very well

Twincharged
4 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Back to normal liao!

Huagshan:

Capture.thumb.JPG.c584b3d12a1f39fc9e1fdd60035fe616.JPG

China life is slowly going back to normal.. Whereas the world is slowly keep getting isolated due to the covid-19 getting worst.. Haiz..

9 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Like I said... Bottom line matters.

Covid or not,  can make more money, must make more money. That's their philosophy. 

Yeah. Economic growth cannot afford to go zero. But at the same time reduce infection.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

China life is slowly going back to normal.. Whereas the world is slowly keep getting isolated due to the covid-19 getting worst.. Haiz..

The danger is Top Management of the country told underling ZERO case.

In reality, is it really ZERO case?

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

The danger is Top Management of the country told underling ZERO case.

In reality, is it really ZERO case?

Don't worry about China - We have banned them and they have banned us.

Worry about ourselves and our neighbours, especially Indonesia which doesn't have the resources fight the outbreak.  Jokowi already said if locked down the poor will have nothing to eat!

• Praise 1

Supersonic
25 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

My hairstylist is closing her 2 shops till control period is over.  Said haircut alone cannot cover cost, might as well suspend operations and minimize risk to her and her staff.

Although hair salon is allowed to operate but many hair salon closed for the entire month. The hair salon that i go also told me they are closed for 1 month. So my hair stylist really shake leg for 1 month at home and yet still have salary la. Lol.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Don't worry about China - We have banned them and they have banned us.

Worry about ourselves and our neighbours, especially Indonesia which doesn't have the resources fight the outbreak.  Jokowi already said if locked down the poor will have nothing to eat!

That's what i have been saying for sometime.

37 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Today although traffic lessen by about 40%.. I still see some human traffic... Then I also saw one taxi driver quite ke Lian.. Park at open air carpark stand outside taxi and eat the ta pao noodle. 

to me it seem like traffic is the same this morning, the 7 am plus traffic along AYE towards town was just like any other day.  And mayb due to the rain, there was a build up to clementi ave 2, or mayb is due to an accident. 

the taxi driver, I dont think anything really wrong. He ta bao as per order, not eat at where he bought the food. He parked at open air carpark and not park by road side or obstruct traffic. He eat standing outside his taxi, I assume there is no passenger in his cab and nobody is near him? 

If so, then what's the problem? he drive taxi, so he can be anywhere when he need food, you expect him to tabao the noodle, drive home, eat at home, then go out again? 

What if he stays at jurong and you see him in changi? :huh:

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Is that the latest pix of huangshan or just fake news? 

CNN.

OK I forgot all on CNN fake news according to POTUS!

Twincharged
52 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

The guy not scared get arrest back to police station? 

Police officer safe distancing lah...  So cannot approach the guy lor.... 😂 

• Haha! 2

15 hours ago, Dleodleo said:

Ya many of my friends said that too.  Heard SIA flight attendents have to take 2 mths unpaid leave.

300 SQ girls are going to be care ambassadors...

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

For those who have time at home can try to cut each others hair. Hahaha...

I'm using this Braun series 3 hair clipper. Cordless, built in rechargeable battery, water proof, easy to wash... very good hair trimmer.

S5427_vb.jpg

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Fitvip said:

300 SQ girls are going to be care ambassadors...

Wow!  Then patients will recover better.  Being cared by sweetie.🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

(edited)

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/coronavirus-motor-workshops-to-do-only-emergency-repairs-until-may-4

Coronavirus: Motor workshops to do only emergency repairs until May 4

SINGAPORE - Motor workshops must apply for permission to stay open between Tuesday (April 7) and May 4, and they are to carry out only emergency repairs.

In response to queries from The Straits Times, the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) said routine servicing and cosmetic-related works are not allowed during this period.

"Towing, recovery and repair of vehicles that have broken down or which have been damaged in an accident and require repair are examples of permissible vehicle services," an MTI spokesman said.

She said vehicle workshops that provide vehicle recovery and repair services for emergency cases will be allowed to continue operating.

"This is necessary to ensure that essential firms and workers in essential services who rely on their vehicles for transport and delivery are able to have their vehicles recovered and repaired in the event of a breakdown, accident or other emergency," she clarified.

Vehicle workshops that continue to operate are required to submit details of their operations and manpower requirements at the GoBusiness Covid site by next Monday for review, the MTI added.

And businesses that are allowed to remain open must implement enhanced safe distancing measures to reduce physical interactions.

"We urge all businesses to play their part in the fight against Covid-19," the MTI said.

Motor workshop operators were confused initially by the phrase "emergency vehicle services" found on the GoBusiness Covid site.

"Do they mean emergency vehicles like ambulances, or do they mean emergency services for vehicles," one asked.

The Singapore Motor Workshop Association (SMWA), which has more than 700 members out of almost 2,000 workshops here, informed member companies on Sunday that those which "provide vehicle recover and repair services" are part of essential services allowed to continue operating during this "circuit breaker" month.

Mr Francis Lim, managing director of BCC Automotive, and the immediate past president of the SMWA, said he has closed three out of his four workshops.

"Only our headquarters site in Sin Ming remains open to service customers who are in the essential services sector," Mr Lim said. "And out of 20-plus workers, we're down to three."

Mr Joey Lim, managing director of Harmony Motor, said he is keeping both his workshops open, as his Malaysian workers have been living on the workshop premises since Malaysia's restricted movement order was implemented.

"But it's a ghost town," Mr Lim said. "This morning, there was only one car at each location."

While he has given his staff "strict instructions" to put on masks, use hand sanitiser, turn away cars with more than one occupant, and sanitise vehicles before and after repairs, Mr Lim said it is sometimes "very hard to say what is an emergency".

"Customers will come in saying there is vibration or loss of power, or that the engine is overheating," he said. "The situation is fluid, and we often have to make judgment calls."

Elsewhere, transport group ComfortDelGro, which has six motor workshops, said it has closed one (in Sungei Kadut) and restricted another (in Loyang) to only taxis.

Also, authorised car agents are keeping their workshops open, but with smaller crews attending to only emergency cases.

Most do not accept walk-in arrangements, and customers have to make appointments for available slots. Roadside assistance is still available.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

6 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Classic case of a cb singaporean who complains about everything and anything.

cb auntie! I spit at your face! :grin: 

eh cannot cos the spit will be stuck at the mask I’m wearing and I’ll gonna have to wash it. LPPL 🤣

The mask serves an additional purpose!🤣🤣

↡ Advertisement