COVID-19 III: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TO 1ST JUNE: 1,037 New Cases - (23 Apr)

Windwaver

Message added by kobayashiGT

(edited)
2 hours ago, Wind30 said:

sigh... lockdown is the last resort of the incompetent...

Lockdown, even Malaysia know how to lock down. They lock down even earlier. 

Once this Covid thing is over, people are going to look at countries who manage to work through it without drastic measures. Currently, Korea, Japan and Taiwan? 

Singapore... in the losers bucket already... 

I hope the government will look back on this and figure out what they did wrong? Should they encourage more mask usage early? More stronger enforcement? Shaming? 

I don't know. 

To me, this is no longer a competition or how it is done. The country with the least death from COVID-19 will be the winner. Even the ratio between number of confirmed cases vs number of death...doesn't really matter as long as life is involve. Every single death is too many. Actually, there are only losers so far...just a matter who lose more.

Edited by Silver_blade
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

2 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I just passed by the bar masquerading as restuarant nearby. All irresponsible farkers local and ang moh still congregating as per normal.  I really have no pity for the bar to be closed for 1 month, or even forever. 

Will hav ppl say is gahmen fault 

• Praise 4

Twincharged
1 minute ago, Kranjipioneer said:

US media coined a new term pseudo-lockdown.

Pseudo Lockdown.jpg

Dow will plunge with out without singapore lockdown.. They are just finding excuses.. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
Just now, Theoldjaffa said:

If raining then how?

Heng now the one can open as it is considered as urgent repair.. 

Maybe aircon workshop still can open.. But can only do urgent repair job.. Other jobs like soundproofing, audio and etc all cannot do.. 

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

To me, this is no longer a competition or how it is done. The country with the least death from COVID-19 will be the winner. Even the ratio between number of confirmed cases vs number of death...doesn't really matter as long as life is involve. Every single death is too many. Unfortunately, from the look of it...there are only losers so far...just a matter who lose more.

The country with the least disruption (and thus least GDP loss) will be the best loser. Shutting down everything and closing the borders on the first detected case would prevent deaths, but many would be out of job for a long long time. 

Donny could be right, the cure could be worse than the disease. 

I think Korea and Taiwan may end up being the best losers.  We can only compare everything is over - GDP drop, death/infections per capita, reserves used up etc. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Lotr said:

Vehicle recovery and repair services

a. For emergency vehicle services only, no vehicle grooming.

Retail and repair of consumer electronics, IT peripherals, and household appliances

Essential services under Others

Don't tell me I have to live with that service light on my dashboard for a month at least?  

Supposed to get the car serviced next week.  

• Praise 1

early kenna covid 19 and recovered people can hang a  免死金牌 over their chest already.

can go anywhere.

4 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

I like the disgusted and incredulous tone he took. The curtness of his answer said a lot. "This is not an essential business." Damn hilarious.

I can understand why the LZ reporter wanted to ask that question, because of the typical readership of that rag, but damn, that was a boss answer.

Better to close. I see this cb lao unker coughing and not covering up at all while filling up his bet slips.

I diao him and he gave me a bochup look. Really cb behaviour. 

imagine all his germs on the counter, the pencil and the bet slips that the next user’s gonna use 😡

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

I cannot disagree.

i walked past my neighbourhood kopitiam and the tables were packed with drinkers and smokers. What social distancing? What 1m distance? Fark it la! Fark the govt!

Gone case.

exactly what I told you yesterday right ? My uncle just msg-ed me while driving taxi tonight. He saw MANY (more than 30) at a basketball court in Yishun

4 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Better to close. I see this cb lao unker coughing and not covering up at all while filling up his bet slips.

imagine all his germs on the counter, the pencil and the bet slips that the next user’s gonna use 😡

I have seen many such examples past few days .... and yes, almost all of them are elderly folks

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Hypersonic
20 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I just passed by the bar masquerading as restuarant nearby. All irresponsible farkers local and ang moh still congregating as per normal.  I really have no pity for the bar to be closed for 1 month, or even forever. 

Where to report those bars that are still open? I saw one at changi road too.

Just now, Fcw75 said:

Where to report those bars that are still open? I saw one at changi road too.

I reported to MOM online (workplace health and safety) but I think it must be overwhelmed now! Anyway in a few days such nonsense will be gone till crisis is over.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, Othello said:

exactly what I told you yesterday right ? My uncle just msg-ed me while driving taxi tonight. He saw MANY (more than 30) at a basketball court in Yishun

I have seen many such examples past few days .... and yes, almost all of them are elderly folks

Yah man. Let’s see next tue onwards got any difference or not. 

If no enforcement, also end up like PMD.

Supersonic
24 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Many people simply dont care about this covid, even the situation is not looking good now.

Just now while i was waiting to cross a traffic lights, suddenly came 3 guys and they stand very close to me, and so i moved away from them. Then saw one guy giggling with his friend and imitate my action of moving away, like telling to his friend that you see this person so kiasi!? 🙄

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1

Supercharged
22 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Dow will plunge with out without singapore lockdown.. They are just finding excuses.. 

👏👏👏 Well said!

Supersonic
16 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

These lao unker have been behaving in such a way all their entire life liao, cannot expect them to change suddenly due to this covid thing lo. If a person grow up dont have good personal hygiene, no matter what happened they still same.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1