COVID-19 III: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TO 1ST JUNE: 1,037 New Cases - (23 Apr)

Windwaver

Message added by kobayashiGT

4 minutes ago, Unfazed said:

How many times I must say it is closed, closed, closed. And many kkj hv exploded & exploded a few times also? 😉

Room service le? 

↡ Advertisement

57 minutes ago, Ckll said:

I agree! 

I've always asked my son to avoid cai png since he has weak stomach but he always ignore my advice cos he gets lots of choices and the q moves fast. Uncle/auntie cook noodles one bowl by one bowl he has no patience to wait .. haiz .. 

Food handlers in TW wear mask. That's the right thing to do.

Last time before SARS, the cai png don’t have glass divider one

after SARS, Govt make all food shops have glass fence and wear mask

of course later people don’t wear mask anymore

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

If raining then how?

We are supposed to stay at home.

Where are we driving to?

Twincharged

All non essentials activities and shops to be closed.. Like that government columbaria will still be opened from Tuesday onwards? 

Turbocharged

FT: 3M refused Trump’s demand to divert 10 million N95 masks produced in S’pore to the US

The masks are produced in Singapore and exported to countries in Asia.

MS

image.png.0a728112be31953d203bbbd821ae3551.png

• Praise 4

(edited)
1 hour ago, Ckll said:

I respectfully disagree with you.

To have an uncontrollable outbreak with high loss of lives and no lockdown isn't exactly competent either.

Taiwanese are very civic-minded and socially responsible. They care about themselves and ppl around them. Even before Covid-19, they wear mask when they're sick and need to be in the public or travelling on trains and bus.

South Koreans publicly shame ppl who don't confirm. They dig out your every dirty details and put it up for ppl to scrutinize. Where you've been, what's your job, where you live, etc .. Even friends/neighbors shame one another if they're found to have "breached" the code.

Ppl in their right mind will not want to be at the receiving end of this. So, they do what they need to do .. be socially-responsible. Mask-up, keep a distant, etc

Singaporeans .. most diligently try their best to do the right thing esp social distancing.

A small number (mfkers, IMO) still cheong bars/pubs, hold gatherings, snigger at ppl who practise social-distancing .. *THEY* are the reason why Singapore is going into lockdown, not that we're incompetent. 

Don't think you can change the behavior of all 5.6 million people in 1-2 months. 

Think G has done a lot to manage the situation, almost super human effort with humongous amount of cash and resources thrown into it.  If HK and Taiwan (SK did have a lockdown) were to fall eventually, it means the virus can be slowed down but cannot be contained indefinitely (which I feel is the case, hence a lockdown is inevitable, we are just buying time to reduce the number of lockdowns).

If HK and Taiwan managed to hold the fort, then mask could be one of the single most important arsenals in this war to prevent multiple lockdowns.

Then other countries had better learnt from it.

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Ho2786 said:

only the japs are civic-minded and socially responsible

the rest of human kind cannot make it lah

The HKers are certainly not the most civic minded and socially responsible if I looked at last year's violent protests but they are holding the fort pretty well.

• Haha! 2

Supercharged

Been here a few months and a few deaths so many not scared at all.

Run across the full age spectrum and SES classes. Everyday report deaths you will see people wake up.

9 minutes ago, Piyopico said:

Been here a few months and a few deaths so many not scared at all.

Run across the full age spectrum and SES classes. Everyday report deaths you will see people wake up.

True, fear can change behavior but by that time everyone around you are dropping dead, like in Italy and Spain, it will be too late. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Othello said:

exactly what I told you yesterday right ? My uncle just msg-ed me while driving taxi tonight. He saw MANY (more than 30) at a basketball court in Yishun

I have seen many such examples past few days .... and yes, almost all of them are elderly folks

Exactly, government should have went after these people right from the start plus thos going to work while sick like the taxi driver many weeks ago....

u ding fix these, lock down also might not work. What is guaranteed from a lock down is not recovery but economic disaster.

3 hours ago, Voodooman said:

The HKers are certainly not the most civic minded and socially responsible if I looked at last year's violent protests but they are holding the fort pretty well.

HK is not far from us. They have over 800 cases now. 4 death & lower recovery rate. 

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Exactly, government should have went after these people right from the start plus thos going to work while sick like the taxi driver many weeks ago....

u ding fix these, lock down also might not work. What is guaranteed from a lock down is not recovery but economic disaster.

This is when the community need to help by informing the authority to the problem. We need to be their eyes cos they cannot be at everywhere to arrest the problem. So the next time we see such thing, instead of messaging our friend to complaint, call the authority to complaint. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
4 hours ago, Ho2786 said:

only the japs are civic-minded and socially responsible

the rest of human kind cannot make it lah

Actually this covid-19 changed the situation.. We used to think Japanese people are the best, they are very civic minded and socially responsible.. However when covid-19 to Japan.. Look at what Japan had done in general.. And the people.. So now that had changed a lot of people mindset towards Japanese people. 

I believe its like this.. After World War 2.. A lot of Japanese people are very guilty of the war.. Coz many people are killed by Japanese.. So they start to change to become a better person and then they also would pass down to their next generation to be a socially responsible person.. However as time goes, this passes down become less and less of an important.. As from 1945 till now.. Those people who had been though war are already very old and now is new generation people that took over the world. And look at what younger generations people does as compared to their elderly? In fact many may just go though by motion already and not the truly felt inside the heart. 

Like recently one of my friend mentioned.. Last year he with his Japanese friend in Japan and there is one siao lang on the shopping mall.. Instead of looking at this siao lang, all Japanese people seems like treat this siao lang as invisible and never show any what sort of facial expression.. Then my friend ask his friend.. How come all people here are so good that not even blink of an eye... Then his friend told him.. They probably now talking about this siao lang after they walked pass that person. So I guess it's all human nature after all.. Its all over the world is like that. 

Now with younger generations taking over the world.. Of coz all the younger generations people never been though world war 2 and they would not feel anything.. So their mindset might be totally different from what elderly think.. Maybe even till now with covid-19 situation... Many younger generations people will still want their freedom.. It is very understandable as that's human nature. So well..