Carbon82

Internal Moderator
24 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

this kind of spy pic is wu kana bo.....hahahahaha:XD:

hhahaha. like girl mah. tease you

kua wu kua bo then you will keep watching. :grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Ya can’t really see the car properly so I Guess have to wait for more sneak pics.

What I’m sad about is that I read the 7 seater Gran Tourer will be discontinued. This model which I’m driving now ticks many boxes for family man like myself. With badge, somewhat affordable pricing n good drive (at least better than most MPVs I’ve driven) it’s a waste they don’t offer a 2nd generation Model.

• Praise 8

Internal Moderator
40 minutes ago, Spring said:

Ya can’t really see the car properly so I Guess have to wait for more sneak pics.

What I’m sad about is that I read the 7 seater Gran Tourer will be discontinued. This model which I’m driving now ticks many boxes for family man like myself. With badge, somewhat affordable pricing n good drive (at least better than most MPVs I’ve driven) it’s a waste they don’t offer a 2nd generation Model.

Make your car rarer! Renew COE and keep!

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Spring said:

oh no more 2GT?

My good pals, got 3 are driving GT. 1 driving AT. No complaints so far.

• Praise 3

48 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

oh no more 2GT?

My good pals, got 3 are driving GT. 1 driving AT. No complaints so far.

That’s what I read. Apparently, whilst it’s popular here; it is not in other markets or perhaps not selling as much as BMW expects?

Anyway, it’s the end of the road after this model whilst ironically Benz hv jumped on the bandwagon with their upcoming GLB.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Make your car rarer! Renew COE and keep!

Whilst I don’t hv figures, I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to renew COE on Continental cars in general as their upkeep can be high $ wise.

In fact, I’m already worrying if I shld sell it or not as my car is 5 years this Nov so out of warranty. Will hv to decide by then.

• Praise 6

Twincharged
17 minutes ago, Spring said:

Whilst I don’t hv figures, I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to renew COE on Continental cars in general as their upkeep can be high $ wise.

In fact, I’m already worrying if I shld sell it or not as my car is 5 years this Nov so out of warranty. Will hv to decide by then.

Thinking of buying a new Unit,any Problems so far.?What is your mileage.?

Internal Moderator
15 minutes ago, Spring said:

Erm, outside workshop repair is much much cheaper than AD. And usually, the parts price depends on the volume of the car that is sold also. So like 3 series and 5 series and e-class, I am sure the parts are aplenty and readily available.

For your one, might be tricky thou. But if you really like that car, something has to sacrifice. 😅

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, ER-3682 said:

Thinking of buying a new Unit,any Problems so far.?What is your mileage.?

No problems so far touch wood. The only thing is that the mounting gives way around 30k or so which coming from Jap car is rather early. That said, mine is diesel (more vibration) and also being 3cylinder it might add to the earlier wear and tear? 

PML covers mounting under warranty so no issue. I’m at 75k after 4yrs 4mths

• Praise 6

7 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Erm, outside workshop repair is much much cheaper than AD. And usually, the parts price depends on the volume of the car that is sold also. So like 3 series and 5 series and e-class, I am sure the parts are aplenty and readily available.

For your one, might be tricky thou. But if you really like that car, something has to sacrifice. 😅

BMW parts is easily available from either Eng Soon or Goldenlink.

BMW parts is available for 20 years after model EOL. No worries about parts.

Since 2er is based on UKL, it will be shared within that platform.

https://www.realoem.com

• Praise 4

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Spring said:

No problems so far touch wood. The only thing is that the mounting gives way around 30k or so which coming from Jap car is rather early. That said, mine is diesel (more vibration) and also being 3cylinder it might add to the earlier wear and tear? 

Regardless diesel or petrol, 3 cylinder confirms vibrate without counterbalancing shaft.

Mounting shared across a number of model

138FC086-B626-45DD-AC00-EA73626562A4.jpeg

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 2

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Regardless diesel or petrol, 3 cylinder confirms vibrate without counterbalancing shaft.

Mounting shared across a number of model

138FC086-B626-45DD-AC00-EA73626562A4.jpeg

That’s my point actually, 3cylinders will prematurely wear out mountings but in my opinion the diesel vibration aggravates it as well but no issue for the new buyers as diesel is not sold here anymore. 

• Praise 6

Turbocharged

Where can I buy a car with this pattern? No more worries about little dents, birdshit stains or one month never wash.

• Haha! 1

On 4/4/2020 at 4:00 PM, Spring said:

How Long is your warranty

↡ Advertisement