SIA sends the Singapore Girls to Help in Hospitals

therock

(edited)

In the midst of all the negative news, this is one piece of beautiful news... literally

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-singapore-airlines-care-ambassadors-hospital-manpower-12608118

SINGAPORE: Singapore Airlines (SIA) will provide at least 300 "care ambassadors" to help fill a manpower gap at hospitals, in light of the rising number of COVID-19 cases in the country. 

Responding to CNA's queries on Friday (Apr 3), the national carrier said there is an "urgent and growing need to fill the manpower gap for the care of other patients as hospital nurses are re-directed from their original duties to care for patients infected with COVID-19". 

This programme has so far received more than 300 applications and the number of care ambassadors will be reviewed depending on the needs of the hospitals, it added. 

Oh my...

Can you imagine...

If I'm an inpatient and I'm expecting the rubbish food given to me, and along comes the Singapore Girl, and says:
"Hello!" Today, we offer these uncooked toufu and eggs or the overfried chicken, served with plain water... 

Suddenly everything will taste better! Wooo... 

Or get them to teach you to wear a mask ... like putting on the life vest 🙂 Or better yet, teach HCW to wear the PPE... 

A patient's quarantine pr NCID stay just got sweeter... 

hmm.... 😉 

image.png.e566c22e35f1346c0c1fc74190d8637b.png

Their roles can be extended.. 

As for social distancing... 

I can imagine even those old chaps at the hawker centre will obey them when they ask them too

The only side effect? Well they might move further from others, but they might have trouble maintaining social distance from these lovely ladies... 

Brilliant idea... 

Edited by therock
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

I think its a great idea.

They can help with bed baths?

Or just help accompany patients to the wash room?

:grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

I think only one type of gender will greatly appreciate this. 😂

Got ppl crazy enough to ask patients tested negative for the virus for a hug? I wont be surprised if there are such individuals.

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, therock said:

In the midst of all the negative news, this is one piece of beautiful news... literally

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-singapore-airlines-care-ambassadors-hospital-manpower-12608118

Oh my...

Can you imagine...

If I'm an inpatient and I'm expecting the rubbish food given to me, and along comes the Singapore Girl, and says:
"Hello!" Today, we offer these uncooked toufu and eggs or the overfried chicken, served with plain water... 

Suddenly everything will taste better! Wooo... 

Or get them to teach you to wear a mask ... like putting on the life vest 🙂 Or better yet, teach HCW to wear the PPE... 

A patient's quarantine pr NCID stay just got sweeter... 

hmm.... 😉 

image.png.e566c22e35f1346c0c1fc74190d8637b.png

Their roles can be extended.. 

As for social distancing... 

I can imagine even those old chaps at the hawker centre will obey them when they ask them too

The only side effect? Well they might move further from others, but they might have trouble maintaining social distance from these lovely ladies... 

Brilliant idea... 

You don't do anything foolish arh! You stay at home.

This kind of high-risk task let me do. 🤣

• Haha! 8

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

You don't do anything foolish arh! You stay at home.

This kind of high-risk task let me do. 🤣

MCF sending a caring contingent too? :D

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
Just now, Yeshe said:

MCF sending a caring contingent too? :D

@Tianmo teach me one.

我不下地獄,誰下地獄. . .

I must be be benevolent for the sake of MCF!

• Haha! 5

2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Will they be carrying pens for patients to borrow? 

did you smell pen shaft in front of the crew😁😁😁

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

physiotherapy for you ai mai 😍😍😍

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
Spoiler

While browsing through the 300 plus application for care ambassador, one look familiar, I discovered it was Radx in disguise. After got the IT department to remove the photoshop effects, it revealed ....................damn ugly. 

On a serious note: I think it is a wrong move to deploy them in hospital. They are not trained what is cleanliness. If they were trained then airline seat trays would not have so much bugs. There is a chance one of them may contract the virus. It would be stigma not on just the girls but the airline as a whole.

Eg One and two crashes of MH, most people would avoid if possible even though there are strict guidelines on maintenance by manufacturer.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

good luck Jamesc

what if one of the girls turned out to be your MIL who was doing part time job with SQ

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

1 minute ago, Ash2017 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

On a serious note: I think it is a wrong move to deploy them in hospital. They are not trained what is cleanliness. If they were trained then airline seat trays would not have so much bugs. There is a chance one of them may contract the virus. It would be stigma not on just the girls but the airline as a whole.

Eg One and two crashes of MH, most people would avoid if possible even though there are strict guidelines on maintenance by manufacturer.

The risks of infection can occur anywhere now..  I think we need to all chip in, and yes there's a risk, but it's an important move.

Besides there are many of them who are actually ex nurses..  I salute their efforts.

• Praise 2

32 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

did you smell pen shaft in front of the crew😁😁😁

No lah... But I like the fact that the pens are always pre-warmed to body temperature, so my fingers don't feel cold when filling up the immigration cards.... 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4