SIA sends the Singapore Girls to Help in Hospitals

therock

30 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

good luck Jamesc

what if one of the girls turned out to be your MIL who was doing part time job with SQ

Then she will look like this.

:grin:

image.thumb.png.f59576f19b02b915043d63ab97a17c7a.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

No lah... But I like the fact that the pens are always pre-warmed to body temperature, so my fingers don't feel cold when filling up the immigration cards.... 😅

bro you are really no horse run 🤣🤣🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

waa which hospital ah? I wanna go and help also can sign up? 😍

U cannot lah ...... overqualified n unfortunately signals is mixed , still  🤣🤣

• Haha! 6

13 hours ago, therock said:

In the midst of all the negative news, this is one piece of beautiful news... literally

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-singapore-airlines-care-ambassadors-hospital-manpower-12608118

Oh my...

Can you imagine...

If I'm an inpatient and I'm expecting the rubbish food given to me, and along comes the Singapore Girl, and says:
"Hello!" Today, we offer these uncooked toufu and eggs or the overfried chicken, served with plain water... 

Suddenly everything will taste better! Wooo... 

Or get them to teach you to wear a mask ... like putting on the life vest 🙂 Or better yet, teach HCW to wear the PPE... 

A patient's quarantine pr NCID stay just got sweeter... 

hmm.... 😉 

image.png.e566c22e35f1346c0c1fc74190d8637b.png

Their roles can be extended.. 

As for social distancing... 

I can imagine even those old chaps at the hawker centre will obey them when they ask them too

The only side effect? Well they might move further from others, but they might have trouble maintaining social distance from these lovely ladies... 

Brilliant idea... 

Thank you.

I don’t know about you bro but sometimes that’s enough..

even though standards may have dropped, every now and then, one of them just takes my breath away. I’m sure I’ll be more compliant with my meds if they serve it 😋 

it is still a great way to fly.. can’t wait for my next trip ...

• Praise 1

55 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

At a time like this they will probably be in protective gear. I doubt ppl can even see their face. Maybe see their eyes only.

Temperature stetion. Hot girls. A smile before the glower comes back on the face.

You know drama mamas and papas visitors.

8 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

waa which hospital ah? I wanna go and help also can sign up? 😍

join the MCF queue ...

just to be clear, we are supporting and caring them, not going as patient hor ... [laugh]

huawei-mate-20-series-launch-causeway-point.jpg

• Haha! 5

13 hours ago, Ash2017 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

While browsing through the 300 plus application for care ambassador, one look familiar, I discovered it was Radx in disguise. After got the IT department to remove the photoshop effects, it revealed ....................damn ugly. 

On a serious note: I think it is a wrong move to deploy them in hospital. They are not trained what is cleanliness. If they were trained then airline seat trays would not have so much bugs. There is a chance one of them may contract the virus. It would be stigma not on just the girls but the airline as a whole.

Eg One and two crashes of MH, most people would avoid if possible even though there are strict guidelines on maintenance by manufacturer.

I only wanna comment.  Many years ago when I was in the ward, I had a pastor trainee on attachment in my ward.  As I was the only male nurse he was attached to me.

I asked him why was he here he said it's kind of training cos he was going to be a pastor and one aspect of training is he must learn to minister to the sick.  Really sick and not just the ones who appear in church.

Anyway, he was a nice chap.

My thoughts.   If the ward is free, he gets in the way.  If busy, any extra pair of hands is helpful even if it's just to bring a patient to toilet.  And my ward is rarely free.  

So yea there is help.

And maybe these SIA girls can learn a thing or two from the nurses and doctors and vice vice versa.

You dont have to worry about them getting the virus.  I am sure they are well protected.  I am sure they are deployed away from front lines like NCID or infectious disease wards. Obviously there is still a risk but its lower.

One thing about nurses and doctors is we are very protective of those on attachment with us.  If they get injured or infected, it reflects on us and possibly our career.  I am sure it's the same now.  And I think it's the same in the army @Ash2017 (half sarcasm cos depends on who the CO is)

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Wah sei....no wonder number of cases shot up recently 

Many tikos hear SQ ger cum suddenly declare they got virus...

• Haha! 3

58 minutes ago, Soya said:

Wah sei....no wonder number of cases shot up recently 

Many tikos hear SQ ger cum suddenly declare they got virus...

Tiko virus inborn in men one...only symptomatic or asymptomatic

• Haha! 5

(edited)

Off topic but since they are thinking of using the expo as quarantine centre, any possibility they will convert a hangar to be one also?  

The space is there and I dont think its gonna be heavily utilized.   Maybe just one hangar for quarantine. Obviously not all.

Or even terminal 2.  Since they plan to shut it down..

Edited by Philipkee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3