4th Gen - 2020 Toyota Harrier

camrysfe

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a33385574/2021-toyota-venza-by-the-numbers/

This is an interesting read between the RAV4 hybrid and the Venza hybrid in the US market.

"The supposedly bigger Venza is actually less spacious inside, and its inferior packaging makes it less practical for hauling cargo. We fit just seven carry-on suitcases behind the rear seats of the Venza—three fewer than in the RAV4"

"The only significant difference is that the Venza gets a lithium-ion battery pack versus the RAV4's nickel-metal-hydride unit. However, the Venza's more modern battery holds far less energy, 0.9 kWh versus the RAV4's 1.6. Perhaps that's why the Venza Limited we tested, at 7.6 seconds to 60 mph, is 0.3-second slower than the RAV4 hybrid despite weighing only 58 pounds more."

"HIGHS: Attractive design, solid highway fuel economy, cool panoramic roof on Limited models."  "LOWS: Slower and less practical than a RAV4 hybrid but more expensive."

"The Venza is reasonably balanced around corners, but its comparatively slower steering and softer suspension versus the RAV4 make it feel larger and a bit lazier on the road, as well as less composed over rough pavement."

Something to think about.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, Spring said:

I think price is out. $150888 for Elegance petrol after a $3k discount but need to register this year n $161888 for Luxury hybrid after $2k VIP discount. Not sure on the estimated OMV but seems pricey to me. 

Omv for 2.0 is 35.9k and scrap is about 20k

• Praise 1

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Leonchai said:

$171k for Harrier Hybrid Luxury trim, after all discounts...OMV $45K...

Seems very pricey to me

OMV is in the Lexus hybrid category.... 

It probably has the 15/25k VES rebate, so it can bring down the sell price.

On 12/10/2020 at 3:38 PM, Spring said:

I think price is out. $150888 for Elegance petrol after a $3k discount but need to register this year n $161888 for Luxury hybrid after $2k VIP discount. Not sure on the estimated OMV but seems pricey to me. 

It’s launched yesterday by BM. SgCarMart list 2L petrol as $160,888 and 2.5L hybrid as $173,888. 

28 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

It’s launched yesterday by BM. SgCarMart list 2L petrol as $160,888 and 2.5L hybrid as $173,888. 

wow....Merc GLB range liao….will it pull some customers from the 3 pointed star? 

• Haha! 3

Pricing is also very close to the new 2.4L Honda Odyssey.

Understand it is different segment, just putting it out there at this price range opens up a lot of other options.

As spidey10 mention the 3 point star albeit PI. 

2 hours ago, Atachi said:

Pricing is also very close to the new 2.4L Honda Odyssey.

Understand it is different segment, just putting it out there at this price range opens up a lot of other options.

As spidey10 mention the 3 point star albeit PI. 

150k - 170k price range is getting pack....consumers spoilt for choices...[laugh]

Sorento is also in that range...

i wonder if they push down a bit XC60 price....then we have really a crowded group here...[laugh]

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

wow....Merc GLB range liao….will it pull some customers from the 3 pointed star? 

Looks good but also quite expensive. 

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

Specs are pretty high. This is the flagship Toyota here.

The hybrid is A2 VES so 15k rebate. Wonder what is the actual PARF value after deducting VES.

If pricing is near Borneo Camry (10k away) it will sell well.

I’m surprised that BM has installed the cheaper looking 8” infotainment system instead of the classier and better looking 12.3” TFT wide touch-display screen system with JBL.

What a shame! Paying so much to get that cheap looking infotainment system and knobs that looks so yesterday and ugly.

Edited by Sailor