4th Gen - 2020 Toyota Harrier

camrysfe

On 4/13/2020 at 7:53 PM, Hamburger said:

cannot be. That birdie has been around for the last few changes.

No bird no talk.

i was trying hard to look at the front but still could not tell whether got bird or not....

this 4th gen harrier might be a global model and sold in the US as the Toyota Venza. Hence the loss of the bird. 

My first impression was the back look like Macan, with the strip light across the boot..

But after looking at the specs, CVT and no turbo.. Is toyota going backwards or what??

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

My first impression was the back look like Macan, with the strip light across the boot..

But after looking at the specs, CVT and no turbo.. Is toyota going backwards or what??

I think confirm is CVT. But no turbo? I thought current model already have 2L turbo? But heard when driving don’t feel like 227hp. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Main engine is the Hybrid. That engine is very well received and good reviews in USA and Australia when first used in new RAV4.

The petrol option is just by the way. And all engine/gearbox options are exactly what is available with RAV4.

This is RAV4 with a different skin and interior. Same platform, suspension and engine options.

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Is it just me but I find the rear quarter design eerily similar to the Jaguar E Pace. 

toyota_harrier_404_00cc008a07b50537.jpg

jaguar_e-pace_p300_awd_r-dynamic_222.jpg

good spot!! even the tiny C pillar window is quite similar.

wow i like how E pace's exhaust is designed.....ok digressing

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

The bird has moved inside!

Previous gen also had the harrier icon in the door trim

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Fitvip said:

The bird has moved inside!

the leather wrapped centre console looks premium!! though may not be durable.

Supercharged
3 hours ago, SZ_ford said:

the leather wrapped centre console looks premium!! though may not be durable.

synthetic durable material. Not real leather. Very very hardy from my experience with similarly trimmed Toyota vehicle. Maybe even more hardy than standard soft plastic trim.

On 4/14/2020 at 10:44 PM, Carbon82 said:

Is it just me but I find the rear quarter design eerily similar to the Jaguar E Pace. 

toyota_harrier_404_00cc008a07b50537.jpg

jaguar_e-pace_p300_awd_r-dynamic_222.jpg

Yah when i first saw remind me of jaguar suv

On 4/13/2020 at 11:05 PM, Fellows said:

Toyota to Unveil New Model Harrier XU80 in Japan, offering a new presence that goes beyond the traditional SUV category.

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/toyota/32186311.html

Toyota City, Japan, April 13, 2020―Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) announced that it plans to release its new model Harrier in around June 2020.

The new Harrier uses the TNGA (GA-K) platform for its basic structure. This creates a highly rigid body with a low center of gravity in pursuit of both ride comfort and vehicle driving performance with a focus on driver sensitivity.

The Digital Inner Mirror, used for the first time by Toyota, enables recording of images to the front and rear of the vehicle while driving.

It features a T-Connect SD navigation system with 12.3-inch TFT wide touch-display screen, with SmartDeviceLink (SDL)*5 and other smartphone connectivity*6. The JBL premium sound system (9 speakers) creates an advanced and realistic acoustic space.

Engine options:

Hybrid 2.5L, Dynamic Force Engine A25A-FXS (Inline 4-cylinder direct-injection engine) 

Gasoline 2.0L, Dynamic Force Engine M20A-FKS (Inline 4-cylinder direct-injection engine)

003.jpg

004_en.jpg

20200413_01_03_s.jpg

20200413_01_01_s.jpg

20200413_01_04_s.jpg

20200413_01_19_s.jpg

20200413_01_10_s.jpg

20200413_01_08_s.jpg

Somehow expect newer generation cars to have virtual cockpit 

• Praise 1

On 4/18/2020 at 1:07 AM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Somehow expect newer generation cars to have virtual cockpit 

ikr, Toyota always lack behind in terms of technology inside the car. Even the just announced Hyundai Avante CN7 come default with digital cockpit, just like Merz 2 big LCD display. Europe aside, Korean like Hyundai and KIA are more advanced and daring in terms of technology and design inside the car, that what I feel. 

• Praise 1

On 4/21/2020 at 3:49 PM, Fellows said:

ikr, Toyota always lack behind in terms of technology inside the car. Even the just announced Hyundai Avante CN7 come default with digital cockpit, just like Merz 2 big LCD display. Europe aside, Korean like Hyundai and KIA are more advanced and daring in terms of technology and design inside the car, that what I feel. 

Agree, but have the impression that koreans still playing catch up to japanese in terms of reliability... or is that no longer true?

I dare say it's on par. 

Jap products have their fair share of glitches. It's just that many kept to themselves instead of saying out loud. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3