Toyota Altis Radiator Assembly Replacement

ismailmiller

Hi, 

Anyone knows the rough price of a Toyota Altis 2008 Model Radiator Assembly? My Engine Coolant plastic connector broke due to corrosion. I will rather buy it myself to save some costs anyways. 

IMG_20200408_222240.jpg

IMG_20200408_222215.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator

I don't think you can change the plastic connector like this for the radiator, It is tight-sealed to the aluminium part. if you dismantle it, it will be hard to be 100% sealed.

I think another solution to it is to get a thinner copper pipe to connect back to the rubber pipe.

With the help of silicone, I think it should work just fine.

or smth like this.

s-l1000.jpg

GreenWaterPipeTwo-wayNippleJointHosePlas

I am not a mechanic so don't just take my words. FInd out more from yourself too!

Come back and share your repair!

• Praise 1

(edited)
10 hours ago, ismailmiller said:

Hi, 

Anyone knows the rough price of a Toyota Altis 2008 Model Radiator Assembly? My Engine Coolant plastic connector broke due to corrosion. I will rather buy it myself to save some costs anyways. 

orginal parts i not sure.

oem parts with labour and coolant roughly 300-400.

this is a very common fault for toyota. 

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 1

30 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I don't think you can change the plastic connector like this for the radiator, It is tight-sealed to the aluminium part. if you dismantle it, it will be hard to be 100% sealed.

I think another solution to it is to get a thinner copper pipe to connect back to the rubber pipe.

With the help of silicone, I think it should work just fine.

or smth like this.

s-l1000.jpg

GreenWaterPipeTwo-wayNippleJointHosePlas

I am not a mechanic so don't just take my words. FInd out more from yourself too!

Come back and share your repair!

The coolant is hot and under pressure, will need to find a suitable strong adhesive that can tahan heat, otherwise the connector might just pop out.

• Praise 1

plug.jpg.a93a185e99337b60e2b02f9bf5e15b94.jpg

You will need to use a threading tool called a tap to thread the assembly before inserting this hose connector. Need to know what size is the rubber hose and how big the assembly (broken connection hole) can accommodate. You cant do it w/o the right knowledge and tools.

• Praise 1

Thanks guys, this cb period you can't buy parts from stockists.. So in the end I went to my regular workshop to get it fixed. Replaced new Radiator Assembly total damage about 400 bucks. 

• Praise 2

14 minutes ago, ismailmiller said:

Thanks guys, this cb period you can't buy parts from stockists.. So in the end I went to my regular workshop to get it fixed. Replaced new Radiator Assembly total damage about 400 bucks. 

👍ok la, most important is fix properly, car can move

• Praise 1

Supercharged

don't bother to repair a leaky radiator as it won't last

last time I replaced a Hyundai Getz radiator at home, the cost of the entire radiator assembly was $180

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1