♥️ Circuit Breaker Makan Thread HERE WE GO! ♥️

BabyBlade

Hypersonic
7 minutes ago, Ckll said:

You so smart .. Grandma used to prepare for him .. using charcoal one .. power!

For outside soup, his first love is the soup stall at Redhill Food Court. This one :

image.png.b07f4604dcd147877337efad7e4550a4.png

I like their fuo tiao qiang. My son loves their lian ou pai gu.

Lol... High standards to meet. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Go find some 金华火腿. Add a few slices into any chicken or ribs soup. The taste will rise a few level.

Seriously ah! Okay .. set! One more thing to add to the To-get-list 😄

1 minute ago, Ckll said:

She ordered the 32cm Tefal wok online liao .. ha ha .. 

Yeah .. most probably will be using both at the same time. Bigger one fry bee hoon/mee/fried rice 😬/other dishes .. while the smaller one can do some other smaller dishes as well, like stir-fry vegetables 

28cm I already think quite big liao, put everything in very heavy [sweatdrop]

I ordered a 20cm and 24cm baby pan [laugh]

• Haha! 2

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

OK here's my fried shallot, just did it this evening, after my reply to @Lala81

E2B0a4O.jpg

XLq9hlD.jpg

n9k8Eyy.jpg

Eml2OSW.jpg

I missed out 1 more tips, add a tiny pinch of salt after adding shallot into the warmed oil can help to increase its crispness. And noticed the oil is still very clear after I fried it with shallots? 

Wah .. great tutorial .. complete with tips! 👍👍👍

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
32 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I don't consume a lot of shallot in daily cooking. I only add them to soup, steam egg / Toufu or porridge in most cases. The one I prepared today can last me for ~3 - 4 weeks liao.

BTW @TangoCharlie @Jman888 @Ckll and others who have been asking me about my cheese cake, I used cream cheese (from PH) and egg white (machine beat to very creamy state - almost good for marcron liao) and egg White (beat and added separately) for my Japanese Cheese Cake. Very time consuming... [sweatdrop]

HSEVXlQ.jpg

5vV3cF5.jpg

Here’s the full recipe and step by step guide. I did modify the amount of sugar though, else too sweet for sure. 

5v5gGLC.jpgCR6Doha.jpg

Thanks for the info and the recipe. I haven't made this type of cotton cheesecake before cos my wife and eldest like the dense ang moh cheesecake (like new york cheesecake type).

I haven't tried this Royal Victoria cream cheese from PH yet. I tried another one from PH which is rolled up like a giant sausage in white plastic. It's too soft to my liking. I ended up always getting the Philadelphia cheese when I make cheesecake, which is more expensive unfortunately. 

Next time I try this Royal Victoria and compare .. 😅

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
13 minutes ago, Ckll said:

Seriously ah! Okay .. set! One more thing to add to the To-get-list 😄

Actually I don't know where to get it locally. Mine is always get from Shanghai when I visit.

Supercharged
4 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Actually I don't know where to get it locally. Mine is always get from Shanghai when I visit.

We're in a highly connected world now .. I'm sure can find online de .. 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Wow 2kg.... They come in smaller packs inside? I usually buy philly cream cheese. A 12 inch pan only needs 3-4 packs at mldg. 

There are smaller packaging but all out of stock currently. Check out with PH after the CB. 

50 minutes ago, Ckll said:

Thanks for the info and the recipe. I haven't made this type of cotton cheesecake before cos my wife and eldest like the dense ang moh cheesecake (like new york cheesecake type).

I haven't tried this Royal Victoria cream cheese from PH yet. I tried another one from PH which is rolled up like a giant sausage in white plastic. It's too soft to my liking. I ended up always getting the Philadelphia cheese when I make cheesecake, which is more expensive unfortunately. 

Next time I try this Royal Victoria and compare .. 😅

My first time baking Japanese Cheese Cake too. My whole family love it but my girl doesn't take those with too strong cheese taste, so have been thinking of baking my own for a long time. But the tedious steps have been holding me back.

For the cream cheese, I get my girl to find those that don't have too strong cheese taste and she ended up with this recipe (I understand different recipe uses diff type of cheese). Brand wise, I just get whatever available at PH during my last trip 2 - 3 weeks ago. So I don't know if mine is the best but taste is just right for all of us. 

1 hour ago, Ckll said:

Wah .. great tutorial .. complete with tips! 👍👍👍

So happens that I am going to fried shallot these few days as I ran out of it since last 2 weeks. As for the tip, I only remember when I am frying it (habitual) and so quickly share it before I forgot about it. 

• Praise 6

Supercharged
9 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

There are smaller packaging but all out of stock currently. Check out with PH after the CB. 

My first time baking Japanese Cheese Cake too. My whole family love it but my girl doesn't take those with too strong cheese taste, so have been thinking of baking my own for a long time. But the tedious steps have been holding me back.

For the cream cheese, I get my girl to find those that don't have too strong cheese taste and she ended up with this recipe (I understand different recipe uses diff type of cheese). Brand wise, I just get whatever available at PH during my last trip 2 - 3 weeks ago. So I don't know if mine is the best but taste is just right for all of us. 

So happens that I am going to fried shallot these few days as I ran out of it since last 2 weeks. As for the tip, I only remember when I am frying it (habitual) and so quickly share it before I forgot about it. 

Thanks for sharing! 👍👍👍

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

Quite baby leh .. ha ha ..

Then how you fry bee hoon/rice? Can? 

3 minutes ago, Ckll said:

Quite baby leh .. ha ha ..

Then how you fry bee hoon/rice? Can? 

I have a deep 28cm wok posted earlier, good enough for 6pax.

20200425_110616_compress19.jpg

• Praise 12
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
8 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

I have a deep 28cm wok posted earlier, good enough for 6pax.

20200425_110616_compress19.jpg

Amazing! 😅

Hypersonic
11 hours ago, Jman888 said:

my wok is 46cm, and I think it is too small. Impressive how you guys can work with small woks... 

If I cook with any smaller wok, either food burned, or i end up cleaning the stove with no food left in the wok...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

My frying pan is 28cm tho, but use for pan fried only...^_^

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

Supersonic
22 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Hurried to dabao before the Mrs start work at home.

1B5FB91A-3F96-46C1-B6C1-1F228530B91F.thumb.jpeg.5232aa2c11f66e20786468f33e967604.jpeg

How come must dabao before Mrs start work?

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
52 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

my wok is 46cm, and I think it is too small. Impressive how you guys can work with small woks... 

If I cook with any smaller wok, either food burned, or i end up cleaning the stove with no food left in the wok...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

My frying pan is 28cm tho, but use for pan fried only...^_^

today new topic. PAN SIZE.

Later I go and fall in all my pans, ok ? :XD:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 10