♥️ Circuit Breaker Makan Thread HERE WE GO! ♥️

BabyBlade

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Tanglin Rv also nice haha 

Yah..pretty nice and quiet neighbourhood....most of the time.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Fitvip said:

ps. editing is really a pain. It simply cannot be saved!

I faced this problem last yr or so, today ganna again. Server need maintenance.

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Silver_blade said:

Tanglin Mall doesn't have a nice vibe to it....don't know why. 

Tanglin mall nothing much inside but many ang moh go to this mall.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

Lunch. 

Simple simple cook,  simple simple eat.  But use the wok is big big.... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

rps20200508_135909.jpg.89af028a85d2e49b6446f40c388f42ec.jpg

All food look nice leh, where got simple.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Silver_blade said:

I stay near RV/Tanglin. Botanic Garden View is cool. The units are big. 

RV/tanglin area nice place to stay, so near botanic garden and orchard. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Othello said:

did you buy the saba from market ? Price ? 

And is that wholemeal tagliatelle ? 

I got it from wet market at Blk 254 Jurong East Street 24 (have been patronizing the same stall for >10 years, while I am still staying in the west.

Iirc, the price is $5.20/kg, which is cheaper than SS ($6.95/kg). It is not just the price, bu the fish is larger that SS too. Average about 400g+ per fish, vs 300g+ from SS.

The noodle is Soba (my wife bought them online and just arrive yesterday night). Goes well with sesame paste.

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

I also tio. hahah. same same lah.

I think I encountered technical glitches too. Posted my lunch photos at ~2:45 - 2:50pm, but realized later that it was not posted and have to repost again. Everything back to normal now?

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Tanglin mall nothing much inside but many ang moh go to this mall.

The tenant mixed doesn’t appeal to me. Ok when my kids were very young coz they have a couple of good toys stores and shop for babies. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Adrianli said:

BBQ pork ribs and char siew from Cheng San market with xiao bai chai(also from the market, uncooked) for dinner. Yummy. Char siew is all lean meat only. Very nice and always have a queue but moves pretty fast. I highly recommend. They only sell roast meats.

20200508_181752.thumb.jpg.bb033b4c30a0372aaab6bf8bfffe6e7b.jpg

Cheng san market? Think i never been there before. All lean char siew? This one i am interested to try?! 😂

10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Cheng san market? Think i never been there before. All lean char siew? This one i am interested to try?! 😂

Yes. All lean meat char siew. But they sell meat only. No rice. It is in the market section, not the hawker stall section. Just look for the queue. Got 2 stalls there opposite each other. 

I am queuing and took this photo today. Its the stall with the auntie dressed in pink. She take order and the others inside about 3 ppl do the chopping.

IMG-20200508-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.3892e296367d2615d64b2193f2b34a5c.jpeg

• Praise 8

Supersonic
54 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Yes. All lean meat char siew. But they sell meat only. No rice. It is in the market section, not the hawker stall section. Just look for the queue. Got 2 stalls there opposite each other. 

I am queuing and took this photo today. Its the stall with the auntie dressed in pink. She take order and the others inside about 3 ppl do the chopping.

IMG-20200508-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.3892e296367d2615d64b2193f2b34a5c.jpeg

I see. Then just dabao the char siew and go back ownself cook rice.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged

It appears that we had an "intensive" discussion regarding pork jowl previously. I'm going to open another can of worm (hopefully a small can nia).

Is pork belly known as wu hua rou in TW and known as san cheng rou in SG?

Was at NTUC yesterday and saw 2 different labels on 2 different trays of meat. One was labelled "san cheng rou/pork belly" and the other was labelled "wu hua rou/shoulder butt".

Is that correct ?

Hypersonic
9 hours ago, 13177 said:

I see. Then just dabao the char siew and go back ownself cook rice.

they are open early. That side is the market section. So it's more like the traditional roast meat stall inside wet market.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Ckll said:

It appears that we had an "intensive" discussion regarding pork jowl previously. I'm going to open another can of worm (hopefully a small can nia).

Is pork belly known as wu hua rou in TW and known as san cheng rou in SG?

Was at NTUC yesterday and saw 2 different labels on 2 different trays of meat. One was labelled "san cheng rou/pork belly" and the other was labelled "wu hua rou/shoulder butt".

Is that correct ?

San cheng rou is pork belly locally. TW call wu hua rou.

Pork shoulder in singapore is called wu hua rou or jia xin. TW, it's called mei hua rou.

U ask for mei hua rou, butcher won't understand here. U ask for wu hua rou, my butcher will give u the shoulder. [laugh]

Loin meat is yao rou here. In taiwan, it's called li ji rou. 

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7