♥️ Circuit Breaker Makan Thread HERE WE GO! ♥️

BabyBlade

Brunch on a lazy Saturday... 

RVGSYWl.jpg

The white corn is really sweet, but price is double that of similar sized yellow corn...

MSR2Hom.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 18

Hypersonic
12 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

RVGSYWl.jpg

The white corn is really sweet, but price is double that of similar sized yellow corn...

MSR2Hom.jpg

I love the white corn.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
30 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

RVGSYWl.jpg

MSR2Hom.jpg

Woah. The white corn looks juicy and sweet! 🤗

Hypersonic
13 hours ago, Ckll said:

Here's my marble cake recipe :

256g salted butter

4 eggs

200g sugar

3 teasp vanilla extract

230g all-purpose flour

3 teasp baking powder

3 teasp milk

2 teasp milk + 1 teasp instant coffee

30g cocoa powder

1. Prepare a 9" round cake tin. The cake rises 2" in height.  Grease and flour and line the base.

2. Sift the flour and baking powder and set aside

3. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until pale in color. Butter must not be super soft like almost melted. Maybe take out the butter half-an-hour from fridge before use that should be good enough.

3.When the butter/sugar mixture is pale in color, crack in one egg at a time. Beat the mixture in between the egg addition.

4. Add in half the amount of flour/baking powder mixture and whisk well.

5. Add in the 3 teasp milk and whisk well. Don't over-whisk. When liquid is added to flour mixture, we must not over-beat because gluten may develop and cause the cake to be tough.

6. Add the remaining flour/baking powder mixture.

7. Divide the batter into half. Half as vanilla and the other half to be prepared as chocolate batter.

7.5 Preheat oven to 180degC. Mid or lower third rack. Fan off. Upper and lower heating elements.

8.For the remaining half in the bowl, add the sifted cocoa powder and the milk+instant coffee mixture. Mix well.

9. Spoon the vanilla and chocolate mixture into the tin in alternate manner. 

10. Use a skewer/satay stick/chopstick to stir around to create marble effect.

11. Bake for about 50 mins. Use your eyes and nose as guide 😅

If you don't like the chocolate portion, you can make it into full vanilla cake by replacing the cocoa powder with flour. Then no need to divide the batter into half.

You can up the ante by making it vanilla only (no cocoa powder) but with chocolate rice added to it. It will be very nice.

You can further up the ante by adding chocolate rice (no cocoa powder) and chopped walnuts.  You get super flavorful walnut chocolate chip butter cake.

Have fun! 

If you encounter any issues, just ask away.

wah thanks. think i hold off on the cake plans.
I see the butter and sugar. i also bit kia...

I don't have stand mixer also. And due to lack of space, that's one thing i didn't buy on my shopping spree lol.

Will stick to bread and muffins for now!

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

wah thanks. think i hold off on the cake plans.
I see the butter and sugar. i also bit kia...

I don't have stand mixer also. And due to lack of space, that's one thing i didn't buy on my shopping spree lol.

Will stick to bread and muffins for now!

Ha ha .. no worries 😁

Yeah .. share your pizza journey here. Must report any mistakes ah .. so that we won't make the same mistake .. ha ha .. cos those stupid YT vids never show us the mistakes one .. ha ha ..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

(edited)

Made korean tteokbokki with fish cake slices for lunch today. Not bad. Learn from YouTube. Just to add, all stuff bought from Fairprice instead of korean mart.

20200516_124903.thumb.jpg.dc40303342cda4758705ff837d8ec707.jpg

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 16

release day, went market bought wanton mee, nasi lemak, prata and bryani, banana and outgoing mango (got a few more for making desserts) :D

20200516_125638_compress91.jpg

20200516_125405_compress74.jpg

• Praise 17

Supercharged
5 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Bought this tau kua from SS as the other brand was not available.  This is better.

IMG20200516121511.jpg

Better than this Seng Huat one ? My wife said the Seng Huat one not available at SS when she went there a few days ago. She saw this Eng Huat (above) one but didn't dare to buy cos never tried before.

Wah, only one letter difference. Must pronounce carefully .. 😅

image.png.8640b2abd22188954f858b78234ecb13.png

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supercharged
2 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

release day, went market bought wanton mee, nasi lemak, prata and bryani, banana and outgoing mango (got a few more for making desserts) :D

20200516_125638_compress91.jpg

20200516_125405_compress74.jpg

Was buying papayas just now. Uncle said papaya season coming to an end soon .. maybe another 2 weeks. But he said durian season coming .. lol!

Hypersonic
3 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

i love mango. but i also like not having mouth ulcers.

everytime i eat mango, i get ulcers. [bigcry]

Hypersonic
24 minutes ago, Ckll said:

Ha ha .. no worries 😁

Yeah .. share your pizza journey here. Must report any mistakes ah .. so that we won't make the same mistake .. ha ha .. cos those stupid YT vids never show us the mistakes one .. ha ha ..

haha at least i will enjoy eating my mistakes. [:p]

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
18 minutes ago, Ckll said:

Better than this Seng Huat one ? My wife said the Seng Huat one not available at SS when she went there a few days ago. She saw this Eng Huat (above) one but didn't dare to buy cos never tried before.

Wah, only one letter difference. Must pronounce carefully .. 😅

image.png.8640b2abd22188954f858b78234ecb13.png

It is a little more salty than Seng Huat ones, which brings out the taste. 

• Praise 4

Supersonic
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Ckll said:

Was buying papayas just now. Uncle said papaya season coming to an end soon .. maybe another 2 weeks. But he said durian season coming .. lol!

Bought rainbow mangoes too. They are big. Some weighed more than 500 gms.  It is  in season now. Saw smaller ones at the wet market at 50 and 70 cents each.

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 4

Supercharged
5 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

haha at least i will enjoy eating my mistakes. [:p]

Can't wait .. 😁😅

giphy.gif

Hypersonic

@CkII

this is just milk right. not dry milk powder.

2 teasp milk + 1 teasp instant coffee