♥️ Circuit Breaker Makan Thread HERE WE GO! ♥️

BabyBlade

Turbocharged
7 minutes ago, TameDriver said:

Which SS is this? The fruit display area is big & neat.

Tanglin Halt (connected to the HDB MSCP beside Commonwealth MRT)

I was there at 7am. Not many people at that time but saw a line queueing up to enter as I left at 7:30am

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Hypersonic
11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Dinner: Chicken soup and wanton with mee sua. I try the white wanton skin bought from SS. 😁

EDC6A54F-C5E7-458A-B244-2038CFC7C60C.jpeg

So what is your verdict? 

7 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

I was there at 7am. Not many people at that time but saw a line queueing up to enter as I left at 7:30am

Thanks.  .

Ordered zhichar from Seafood Kitchen at Elias Mall to go with my jiam tao roti. 

R4vDSCe.jpg

0bxsffS.jpg

EBR2Mni.jpg

kfx3Mup.jpg

lQGrsMs.jpg

MWVvZBt.jpg

For those that find the dishes look familiar, thanks to my wife for her "brilliant" idea: to compare same dish from different stall! [sweatdrop]

We ordered the exact same dishes from YKN 2 weeks ago. Except for the Cereals Calamari, YKN is better and cheaper too.

For those asking for the baguette recipe, I will share it later after my shower.

• Praise 17

Supersonic
7 minutes ago, Tohto said:

So what is your verdict? 

Soup not so yellowish which is better, like no need worry if got added too much “chemical”. 😂 But i find taste like got some difference.

Supercharged
4 hours ago, Jman888 said:

cannot find cream cheese in ntuc for few days, order this from Qoo10 and delivered in 2 days. By the way, how to finish 1L of whipping cream? [sweatdrop]  can I use whipping cream as fresh cream?

Screenshot_20200517-164815_Qoo10.jpg

Happen to watch this video. Spaghetti with creamy sauce ..

I like the way he put in the spaghetti at 3:35' mark .. 

• Praise 3

Supercharged
1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Soup not so yellowish which is better, like no need worry if got added too much “chemical”. 😂 But i find taste like got some difference.

Ya, should be less "kee" (lye water) taste. Should be more healthy .. they say too much lye and your pants may catch fire! 🤪

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
20 minutes ago, Ckll said:

How? Any difference in taste between the yellow and the white skin?

Taste got difference. Yellow skin seems taste nicer?! 

Supersonic
21 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

I find this is one of the crowded SS outlet. 

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, Ckll said:

Ya, should be less "kee" (lye water) taste. Should be more healthy .. they say too much lye and your pants may catch fire! 🤪

True la, food that is more healthy always dont taste tasty and nice de. Lol. No wonder outside wanton mee stall dont use the white skin?!

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I find this is one of the crowded SS outlet. 

I usually go at off peak hours (1am to 6am. Today was a bit late for me as I wanted to dabao breakfast fm the nearby hawker ctr) so I don't see the crowds at that timing.

but yeah, perhaps it's popular as there isn't any other big supermkt within walking distance that I know of.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
18 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Taste got difference. Yellow skin seems taste nicer?! 

Yellow skin the taste where got nice..  never like .

Sad thing is almost all noodle sold here at any hawker store all use yellow noodle. Because with kee, the noodle can last longer.

Those white skin us only using flour.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic
14 minutes ago, 13177 said:

True la, food that is more healthy always dont taste tasty and nice de. Lol. No wonder outside wanton mee stall dont use the white skin?!

Because white skin cannot keep too long without the kee. Not because it is tastier. 

There are some good popular wanton noodle using noodle and wanton skin white one or with minimum kee. So less yellow. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Yellow skin the taste where got nice..  never like .

Sad thing is almost all noodle sold here at any hawker store all use yellow noodle. Because with kee, the noodle can last longer.

Those white skin us only using flour.

Ya lor .. they use it to keep the noodles last longer and to add springiness. But taste is horrible .. 

The Tian Tian Hokkien mee at Chong Pang, he used a lot more white been hoon than yellow noodles. I prefer it that way 😆 

Edit : Maybe "horrible" is too strong a word .. cos everybody's taste is different. It's a personal thing .. 

Edited by Ckll
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
5 minutes ago, Ckll said:

Ya lor .. they use it to keep the noodles last longer and to add springiness. But taste is horrible .. 

The Tian Tian Hokkien mee at Chong Pang, he used a lot more white been hoon than yellow noodles. I prefer it that way 😆 

Edit : Maybe "horrible" is too strong a word .. cos everybody's taste is different. It's a personal thing .. 

I support your horrible comment. :XD:

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic

Why would u find the yellow skin nicer? I'm not particularly vested. But Ive made dumplings with the brand recommended by Tohto and the yellow skin one made by my mum before.

My preference is towards the white one. Texture is nice. If it doesn't taste nice. Then it should be your filling problem lol. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Because white skin cannot keep too long without the kee. Not because it is tastier. 

There are some good popular wanton noodle using noodle and wanton skin white one or with minimum kee. So less yellow. 

How long can white skin keep eh? I never eat before wanton noodle and skin outside food stall using white one?

↡ Advertisement