♥️ Circuit Breaker Makan Thread HERE WE GO! ♥️

BabyBlade

Supersonic
49 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Why would u find the yellow skin nicer? I'm not particularly vested. But Ive made dumplings with the brand recommended by Tohto and the yellow skin one made by my mum before.

My preference is towards the white one. Texture is nice. If it doesn't taste nice. Then it should be your filling problem lol. 

Maybe you are right, could be my filling problem. I would do some trial and error on the filing using white skin. Also could be my first time eating white skin and might be my taste bud get too used to yellow skin?! Lol.

In order not to eat too much kee, i would buy the white skin from now on if i cook wanton at home. If eat outside, then no choice liao.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Paired with yamazaki 18 yrs? 😋

Not really a fan of the yamazaki, personally prefer the hakushu myself. But in this case we were sipping rum, the Ron Zacapa 23 is a really great drink.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
34 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Maybe you are right, could be my filling problem. I would do some trial and error on the filing using white skin. Also could be my first time eating white skin and might be my taste bud get too used to yellow skin?! Lol.

In order not to eat too much kee, i would buy the white skin from now on if i cook wanton at home. If eat outside, then no choice liao.

You just have to say, "what do you guys know about siblings of hospital food?" and everyone will shut up and not tell you how nice is white over yellow liao.... :XD:[:p][laugh]

• Haha! 6

10 hours ago, Ckll said:

Looks good! How’s the inside? Mine is a bit doughy/chewy. Trying to tweak ..

What flour did you use? Oven temp? Fan on? 😅

The inside texture for today's is closer to normal bread from bread maker (slightly too hollow / poorer sauce absorption), while the exterior is very crispy. But we prefer the contrast in texture of the previous batch (inside was slightly more fluffy, which offer better sauce absorption).

We use 100% bread flour for the previous batch, whereas about 1/4 bread flour and 3/4 plain flour for today. One mistake was that I never adjust the amount of water used, since different flour (plain flour has slightly higher moisture than bread flour) was used, and also it rain quite heavily in the morning (high humidity), so should reduce water by about 10ml thereabout.

Oven setting: 230°C with no fan.

10 hours ago, Freeder said:

Must add some plain flour for the airy feel...

My Execute Chef (wife) say one..

May I know what is the ratio of bread flour to plain flour? I also think should mix for better texture, but make too drastic changes today as running out of bread flour.

9 hours ago, Tohto said:

Look very good and success. By you or your daughter?

You know me well. Yes, mainly by my daughter, I am supervisor cum advisor cum photographer... :D 

9 hours ago, Tohto said:

Help you to ask.

@Carbon82 I need the full recipe :grin:

Refer to this instagram link for the recipe and baking instructions.

The key I reckon is the baking steps, which are highly detailed in the post.

9 hours ago, RH1667 said:

Please lah, @Carbon82 tomorrow can go collect few pieces ( including curry also ) ? 
😄

Wah lau, you good recommendation hor?

Last time I got a powerbank for jump starting car battery you say I can provide roadside assistance with free loti throw in, and now want free curry with jiam tau loti?!:a-t2622:

:D :D :D 

If I can come up with a better recipe, I don't mind sharing some during next mu. Current one still have room for improvement...[:p] 

• Praise 9
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
7 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

The inside texture for today's is closer to normal bread from bread maker (slightly too hollow / poorer sauce absorption), while the exterior is very crispy. But we prefer the contrast in texture of the previous batch (inside was slightly more fluffy, which offer better sauce absorption).

We use 100% bread flour for the previous batch, whereas about 1/4 bread flour and 3/4 plain flour for today. One mistake was that I never adjust the amount of water used, since different flour (plain flour has slightly higher moisture than bread flour) was used, and also it rain quite heavily in the morning (high humidity), so should reduce water by about 10ml thereabout.

Oven setting: 230°C with no fan.

Refer to this instagram link for the recipe and baking instructions.

The key I reckon is the baking steps, which are highly detailed in the post.

Thanks for the comments and the link. When bread flour becomes available, I'll play around with the ratio of bread:AP flour to see their effect on texture. Must be mindful to adjust the amount of water used 😅

• Praise 2

22 hours ago, Tohto said:

Taiwan pineapple is good.

I've lost touch but in old days, the best pineapples came from Sarawak. I'm not sure if this is still true and how Sarawak pineapples compare with Taiwanese ones?

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
9 minutes ago, Spring said:

I've lost touch but in old days, the best pineapples came from Sarawak. I'm not sure if this is still true and how Sarawak pineapples compare with Taiwanese ones?

Lol maybe sarawak plantation clear off for palm oil Liao... 

Supercharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Breakfast, something different from my usual gardenia bread with jam.😂

B996498A-F581-4622-BB6B-B69652C568C9.jpeg

A nice change from your usual fare .. 😊

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
37 minutes ago, Ckll said:

A nice change from your usual fare .. 😊

Because yesterday went out to some bakery shop to stock up some unusual pastry stuff for breakfast and tea break for the next 2 days. Since i am not like so many bros here so expert in baking for bread and pastries. So have to go buy off-the-shelf, if not nothing to eat liao. [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

30 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I like this kind of breakfast! 🙂

Same here bro. Usually I will be lazy to go buy breakfast on my own after sending the Mrs to office. 

For this I will park the ride on the way home.

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
26 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I like this kind of breakfast! 🙂

This type of bf reminds me of the days in army, fried bee hoon is like some delicacy which was sold in canteen. Cause during that era, cook house food not nice de.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3