♥️ Circuit Breaker Makan Thread HERE WE GO! ♥️

BabyBlade

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Ckll said:

Ya .. yesterday I was queuing to get into a hardware store, the uncle behind me inched closer and closer. I looked at him and his wife they also no rasa .. 🙄

Ya lo, with the CB ending soon, people thought no more covid liao, all can stand closer to each other, esp now everyone got wear mask, so no need scare. 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1

Hypersonic
59 minutes ago, Myxilplix said:

Yesterday evening i decided make another batch of caramelised onions and decided to document the process. This is 3 large yellow onions at the start. I used grapeseed oil cos that's what i have at the moment, add salt to help draw out the water in the onions. Keep the heat low, the idea is low and slow cooking.

666386061_Onions1.thumb.jpeg.723f5748d241830fc9e319f10d77ad72.jpeg

This is after 90 minutes of low and slow. Total it took me about 2 hours to do this batch. Yes you can fry them up quick in like 15-20 minutes, but i prefer low and slow for the sweetest results. At this point some people add brown sugar but i think the onions release enough sugars on their own.823016769_Onions2.thumb.jpeg.40ee24302153c167c7c62b2860e089f7.jpeg

This is the end result, just a small container of super-yummy caramelised onions. You can add these to burgers, hot dogs or anything you like. Wifey loves them (which is why i do it) and likes to mix them with sour cream to create a dip.

1336419481_Onions3.thumb.jpeg.b4cdf8dbdd9b28be2f33c7c5da825ffc.jpeg

Hmm how large is your onion? Doesn't look like 3 from your pre sweating volume. I don't saute for so long cos it's just for soups or stews. But mine is usually for 40-45 mins. 

This is my one large onion. 

20200524_170928_compress87.jpg

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Ckll said:

Oh peanuts!  I see .. 

I think quinoa probably should be about 20% in rice. Then you can hardly realize that it's there and yet you get its benefit.

Ha ha .. luckily your pressure cooker doesn't lose liquid .. won't waste the braising liquid.

Oh, the pork belly should also marinate ah .. ? It hasn't been a month since I made lu rou fan. Think in another week or so  .. ha ha .. 

I think it helps. Even if its a quick marinade. 

Even though I braised quite a while today I felt my first time results was superior. Mainly due to that. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
41 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Think if you want yakult siew dai, have to buy yakult ace light. 

Ex..

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
24 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Ex..

Then if want siew dai, then buy vitagen lo, less sugar. 😂

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

My wife is a big yakult fan. Vitagen sorta neither here nor there. If u want to take the sugar. Take yakult. 

we buy yakult from the auntie that push kart to our door front,  2 pack every week. Now become a routine, some time we can't finish but will still buy from her. Last time I dun drink such beverages, now I will drink every other day.

• Praise 5

Supersonic
(edited)

Dinner - Ketupat with chicken curry and sayoh lodeh. 

As lunch was heavy, kept this for dinner instead. Really very tasty. 

20200524_181500.thumb.jpg.f578e911bd4541d6ac185498a1ecd3b7.jpg

20200524_181516.thumb.jpg.c8d0e219c4e6066ac854c1a475a7d4e5.jpg

IMG-20200524-WA0011.thumb.jpg.015417b2bc4b15cceb6170a0c66b75d3.jpg

Water chestnuts as fun snack

20200524_181944.thumb.jpg.1fa6a4d1b89b8b1d092013c1592b42cb.jpg

Have a good dinner all.

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 15

Hypersonic
19 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Then if want siew dai, then buy vitagen lo, less sugar. 😂

Add water 😆

• Haha! 4

1 minute ago, Fcw75 said:

Add water 😆

that's what I did, 1 portion of yakult with 1 portion of water.

• Haha! 6

vitagen vs yakult.

1 is more diluted, hence "not as nice". no prizes for right answer. super obvious  

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
5 minutes ago, Othello said:

vitagen vs yakult.

1 is more diluted, hence "not as nice". no prizes for right answer. super obvious  

I always dont know which one to buy. Last time if go JB then would on the way buy yakult ace light cause so much cheaper. In sg, i seldom would buy such drink cause find sugar content is high.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

we buy yakult from the auntie that push kart to our door front,  2 pack every week. Now become a routine, some time we can't finish but will still buy from her. Last time I dun drink such beverages, now I will drink every other day.

My wife used to drink everyday. Brands Chicken essence every day also. 

But now much lesser. Yakult the kids of course love it. Sometimes we make them into Popsicles. 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
28 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I always dont know which one to buy. Last time if go JB then would on the way buy yakult ace light cause so much cheaper. In sg, i seldom would buy such drink cause find sugar content is high.

Haha even ace light is sweet by your standards. U don't need to drink one lah. Confirm too sweet for your taste bud.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1