♥️ Circuit Breaker Makan Thread HERE WE GO! ♥️

BabyBlade

40 minutes ago, TameDriver said:

Its nice, if u dun overdilute the paste.  I blanched the noodles before adding water n paste. This way, its easier to gauge correct amount of water needed. 

My HK friend usually buy 2 pkts back.  

I will just follow the amount of water they instruction. 

My German colleagues when visit here will buy back home.

When I visit Germany will always bring a few packet there to distribute. 

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

22 hours ago, 13177 said:

Looks tasty. This one is dry or wet type?

The fried hokkien mee is some sort in between wet and dry type, probably because I dabao, so the owner added a little more soup while packing mine, so by the time I ate, texture is still very nice (as can be seen in the photo). 

21 hours ago, Tohto said:

Hoegaarden promotion at SS , 4 bottle at $10. Come with a free beer glass.

20200731_211822_copy_2268x3024.jpg

SS over at my side have the same promo but without the beer glass. This is one of the better Belgian beer imo.

BTW, no more promo for Oettinger beer, now at $8.80 for 2, which is $2 more expensive than before. [:(]

8 hours ago, Tohto said:

Good price.

20200801_101530_copy_2268x3024.jpg

Just bought 2 pack of the 老萧拌面 and wife already asking why so much of instant noodle, so will give it a miss.

This is the cheapest price as far as I know (I every got it at $8/pkt but that was due to nearing expiry date - about 1 month away). 

7 hours ago, Tohto said:

I think more than a year never eat this.

Queue very long.

20200801_120543_copy_2268x3024.jpg

Reach there at 5pm and the stall just close for the day (owner clearing the rack and washing the Wok). So had the one few stall away. Quite long queue too, but I too prefer Hill Street one. 

LiXrxMR.jpg

L9rb3nw.jpg

• Praise 15

4 hours ago, Tohto said:

I will just follow the amount of water they instruction. 

My German colleagues when visit here will buy back home.

When I visit Germany will always bring a few packet there to distribute. 

Thanks for sharing lobang on the beer & noodles.  Went SS at bedok reservoir.  No more free glass but the beer still at 4 for $10, while stock lasts. 

This laksa noodles is sold in loose single serve pkt in angmo countries.  Last saw it in an asian grocer at AUD4+.   

Today bought lots of the laksa noodles & distributed to friends who dun drive. Felt like a cheapstake Santa Claus. 😆😆

• Praise 6

2 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Thanks to @Jman888 recommendation. This dish is very easy to cook. The sauce go so well with rice that make me eat more rice.

IMG-20200801-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20200801-WA0018.jpg

I love the soup very 鲜甜, natural sweetness from the seafood and veg.

• Praise 5

34 minutes ago, TameDriver said:

Thanks for sharing lobang on the beer & noodles.  Went SS at bedok reservoir.  No more free glass but the beer still at 4 for $10, while stock lasts. 

This laksa noodles is sold in loose single serve pkt in angmo countries.  Last saw it in an asian grocer at AUD4+.   

Today bought lots of the laksa noodles & distributed to friends who dun drive. Felt like a cheapstake Santa Claus. 😆😆

The laksa price is the lowest I have seen.

52 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

The fried hokkien mee is some sort in between wet and dry type, probably because I dabao, so the owner added a little more soup while packing mine, so by the time I ate, texture is still very nice (as can be seen in the photo). 

Just bought 2 pack of the 老萧拌面 and wife already asking why so much of instant noodle, so will give it a miss.

This is the cheapest price as far as I know (I every got it at $8/pkt but that was due to nearing expiry date - about 1 month away). 

Reach there at 5pm and the stall just close for the day (owner clearing the rack and washing the Wok). So had the one few stall away. Quite long queue too, but I too prefer Hill Street one. 

This laksa I don't consider it as instant noodle. The noodle need to boil 7 mins like pasta. The laksa paste is like any other laksa paste sell separately from noodle.

Today I was also looking for Ortingger beer and notice the price go up.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Son wanted to try BK XXL Rendang Burger with Kiwi Strawberry drink. 

Qb6Tp8E.jpg

9zCEqCa.jpg

Is the kiwi strawberry drink nice?

On 7/27/2020 at 10:13 PM, Carbon82 said:

Another round of group buy within my neighbourhood, sharing with a buddy. 

dC4lul7.jpg

hXwTABI.jpg

Combo set with a total of 3 different types of peach. 

For general knowledge, for those who are keen to know how a peach tree look like:

• Praise 4

Have been tackling various dishes every weekends. Today tried the shepherd's pie using pork. For trivial, shepherd's pie must use lamb, if beef is called cottage pie. Not sure for pork or chicken haha.

As usual, watch a few videos online before adopting the best-of-practice. The reference is the later video. Very easy to make dish.

IMG-20200801-WA0002.thumb.jpg.af75085471fb1b5515c08a2cc3125d32.jpg

• Praise 12

Started on the newly purchased prima laksa noodles.  One packet is too much for me, due to addition of an egg, taupok, mushroom balls, okra & lots of taugeh. 😁

20200801_212951.thumb.jpg.40d6b4593f2ded7874bb8dfb2a16edd2.jpg

• Praise 14
  • Haha! 3

11 hours ago, TameDriver said:

Started on the newly purchased prima laksa noodles.  One packet is too much for me, due to addition of an egg, taupok, mushroom balls, okra & lots of taugeh. 😁

20200801_212951.thumb.jpg.40d6b4593f2ded7874bb8dfb2a16edd2.jpg

Where is the hum?

• Haha! 1

A neighbour shared this 7 early 8 early and say this warms the cockles of his heart many many 😂😂😋😋

Video quality may not be optimal cos kena compressed from 11.8mb to 7.4mb. Not related to this business or anything here. 

Just sharing for ckt siham lovers :

• Praise 8
  • Haha! 3

20 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

A neighbour shared this 7 early 8 early and say this warms the cockles of his heart many many 😂😂😋😋

Video quality may not be optimal cos kena compressed from 11.8mb to 7.4mb. Not related to this business or anything here. 

Omg, so many seahum! 😅

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Where is the hum?

Mai Hum, Mai Hum, I bochiak hum one.  😁

Edited by TameDriver
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, PSP415 said:

I've been there with a KL friend.

the see ham portion was indeed amazing, but only if u order the additional see ham. Otherwise it's just a bit more than the usual serving.

Also, the ckt itself tasted bland. My friend and I both agreed no point going there again.

ckt.thumb.jpeg.bc7ec27cb3ea47f1e70783c465eb30c2.jpeg

• Praise 9
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Just now, Shibadog said:

I've been there with a KL friend.

the see ham portion was indeed amazing, but only if u order the additional see ham. Otherwise it's just a bit more than the usual serving.

Also, the ckt itself tasted bland. My friend and I both agreed no point going there again.

ckt.thumb.jpeg.bc7ec27cb3ea47f1e70783c465eb30c2.jpeg

Glad u tried n shared. Will tell neighbour dun bother to plan going post Covid liao. 

😅😅 Me no like siham so first response was "eeeeeeee. But 🍳 looks good" 😂😂

A pity the dish turned out bland. Something that more sauce may help. But that fire devouring the wok is fierce. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2