♥️ Circuit Breaker Makan Thread HERE WE GO! ♥️

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator
11 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

You buy from the corner Subway ah? Looks like Ubi Ave.

bagus mata. hahah. Yah. I stay in ubi. 🙂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
30 minutes ago, Myxilplix said:

I think my wifey did some correction on the pic that's why so red.

Usually when i season it's out of the fridge, so still cold. Doesn't really matter because the timer only starts when the water hits the target temperature, at least for the Anova i use. I guess the Joule will be the same. So even if the meat is cold, it'll be sitting in the gradually heating water for 15-20 minutes before the target temp is reached and that should warm up the meat.

Not sure how your pressure cooker will come up to temperature so maybe better to test first or put it in at room temp.

Sounds good! 👍

Thanks!! 

Supercharged
39 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Haha i got something like this years ago from amazon. Now buay sai Liao.

The tungsten carbide blades also somehow become dull over the years. Or maybe get some residue or oxidation on them.

Anyway once I read up about knife sharpening, these devices the limitations are there. 

But for 90% of people. These are an easy way to sharpen your blade. This one is good cos it has 3 different blades to semi straighten and sharpen the edge. 

I'm a kitchen ka chang person. Haha lot of things I've tried before. 

My mom got one of these from pasar malam. She said good wor.. That was years ago when she was still cooking. I don’t have a proper sharpener .. still used back of a ceramic bowl like old school 😅

It’ll stay sharp for a day or two but gets blunt real quick. Think the blade on retirement mode liao ..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Ckll said:

My mom got one of these from pasar malam. She said good wor.. That was years ago when she was still cooking. I don’t have a proper sharpener .. still used back of a ceramic bowl like old school 😅

It’ll stay sharp for a day or two but gets blunt real quick. Think the blade on retirement mode liao ..

Refer to my above post. U need a whetstone. And the blade will as good as new. Unless there's a big nick along the blade due to heavy use. 

It's good enough. I bought one for my mum when I first got it. Gave it to my mum. But she never used. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
43 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I find sharpening rod more convenient and lasting. Everytime you wanna cut something, you can rub rub a bit. 🤣

If your kids are naughty, can use that to scare them also.

https://shopee.sg/Kitchen-Sharpening-Rod-1Pc-Stainless-Steel-Sharpener-Knife-i.12165742.1635543676

Sharpening stone is the best. I still using it.

This tools bought by wife as she don't know how to use the stone.

• Praise 5

Supercharged
27 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

walau I think I am the only one that sharpen my knife with the button of a ceramic bowl [laugh]

High-Five! Me too! Ha ha .. 

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
4 minutes ago, Ckll said:

High-Five! Me too! Ha ha .. 

You all need to upgrade yi sia... My mother merdeka generation also know how to use whetstone and honing rod lol. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Supercharged
4 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Refer to my above post. U need a whetstone. And the blade will as good as new. Unless there's a big nick along the blade due to heavy use. 

It's good enough. I bought one for my mum when I first got it. Gave it to my mum. But she never used. 

My mom also had a whetstone. Dunno where she has placed it .. Could be hidden somewhere at my place here ha ha .. 

She’s a kitchen ka chang fanatic too .. Think the two of you will have many topics to talk about ha ha .. 

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic

For @ckii. 

Go read the comments on which butter is preferred by these home bakers. Seems like golden churn is the favorite. 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Followed by kerrygold. 

I kinda agree that lurpak doesn't have much butter smell. But I'm chin chai with cakes. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Aiyah. I bought subway for breakfast, but I too hungry le. Finish the subway before I start mcf. hahha.

6D2603A1-99C2-488C-9628-26B49218C5E9_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.31efb855d8ff3d182145987a773ef75c.jpeg

Only left with coffee. hahaha.

I ate dumpling noodles for bf at 9 plus, now lunch liao still dont know what to eat? And outside so many people. 😅

• Shocked 1

Supercharged
49 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Followed by kerrygold. 

I kinda agree that lurpak doesn't have much butter smell. But I'm chin chai with cakes. 

Golden churn is best for pineapple tart pastry. It beat SCS hands down .. ha ha .. I agree that Lurpak doesn't have the nice butter fragrance one expects from butter. Even Redman's butter smells nicer IMO.

BTW, the method Dr Tay uses to make his butter cake is exactly the same sequence for making genoise. The end result should be lighter compared to traditional butter cake. The most tricky part is the drizzling in of the melted butter. Do take note if you're trying this. Need to slowly drizzle it in (that's why he mentioned over 2 mins).

The best method is take a few scoops of the batter to mix with the melted butter first then add to the main batter slowly. The similar consistency helps with the incorporation. Otherwise, the heavier butter settles to the bottom (the batter is more foamy and stays on top) and then you get a rubbery bottom of solid cooked butter after baking. How I know ? Ha ha .. the answer is obvious .. 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Horrible prata from marine parade. 

Feels like unleavened piece of flour. 

15903803825843547480709127028106.jpg

Complain to your MP of MP...no place for horrible prata...Swiss standard no less...

wait huh...maybe it was some lousy rosti you’d bought? 😝

• Haha! 3

Supercharged
21 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I ate dumpling noodles for bf at 9 plus, now lunch liao still dont know what to eat? And outside so many people. 😅

Ya, today holiday .. I expect lots of ppl .. that's why I intend to stay in .. haiz .. I wanna go PH also must shelve the idea .. maybe Wed or Fri ..

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
5 minutes ago, Ckll said:

Ya, today holiday .. I expect lots of ppl .. that's why I intend to stay in .. haiz .. I wanna go PH also must shelve the idea .. maybe Wed or Fri ..

You better dont go PH on a PH! Just now i went to supermarket, so crowded inside and i give up and came out without buying anything.

Think not cooking for today and maybe tomorrow, so no need to buy any meat and veggies. Or maybe would not cook much for this week liao, since it is last week of CB. 😂

Supercharged

Baked this last night with dutch oven .. The oven spring is not as much as I'd expected. I did score but think not deep enough. Knife not sharp and think gluten too tight  .. 

image.png.0420107f8c1202b9bd58bd6e7ea822a8.png

image.png.68577810ad59effb1297870dd0965a0c.png

Not sourdough .. but I pre-fermented the initial dough in the fridge for 2 days to let it develop flavour first. Has a nice bread fragrance ..

And this is a sourdough starter .. Day 0 today .. ha ha .. 

image.png.ebb3275556760572e278786330f55d84.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9