COVID-19 III: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TO 1ST JUNE: 1,037 New Cases - (23 Apr)

Windwaver

Message added by kobayashiGT

2 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Why don't suggest they drill a drain hole at the bottom of the big container? 🤔

The huge container water has to go thru the yellow clarification machine then into the white container and then out to the long kang. I think its part of PUB requirement to keep the work site water clean from our drainage system.

So its muddy water -> small collection pool -> huge metal container -> yellow clarification machine -> white container -> long kang.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

3508C0D9-F07F-4080-B56A-8EC596DFFA20.jpeg

Virus is very fair. It is not influenced by colour, faith, wealth or status!

• Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I think FW infections, while sad news for them and in general, doesn't have the same political impact as infections among Singaporeans.

Anyway, "if there are more cases" (and how would I know? 😁) among the FWs, then they already have the clusters identified and quarantine imposed on the FWs still well. 

So stop worrying...or hoping. 😂

Ok... Heng ah... 

Only CCB, no need to escalate to KNN yet...

😷😷😷

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Why do people “demand” to have the number of new cases to be released early?

so what if they are released later than usual?

did gahmen promise to provide updates by a certain timing every day?

give them a break lah! While we are at the comfort of our home at this time, likely lazing surfing or doing nothing serious, and demanding to see updates, these guys are still working to collate accurate info to feed you demanding folks. 

it is easy to ask why no info yet but f lah why not you join them so that there’s more people working to bring news to us earlier!

• Praise 13

Supercharged
6 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

give them a break lah! While we are at the comfort of our home at this time, likely lazing surfing or doing nothing serious, and demanding to see updates, these guys are still working to collate accurate info to feed you demanding folks. 

it is easy to ask why no info yet but f lah why not you join them so that there’s more people working to bring news to us earlier!

Not demand. Just anxious of the state.

At least better than those YOLO bochap that still want last party or hanging around coffee shop ma..

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

No lah...they have no mask...garment no give them...supermarket no stock...got stock ones but MIC or MII they don’t trust...

WOW

you very high IQ

I salute you!!!!!

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

because most of us keena stuck at home

nothing to do but see CNA

if cases less and less

we can all be free after MAY 4

if cases more and more

than will have to wait and hope for JUNE 4 already

Edited by Ho2786
  • Praise 1

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Why are we comparing influenza virus and corona virus again?

Compare to know how many more death will this pandemic bring before end

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Based on observation from social media

Late postings tend to mean higher numbers.

Higher numbers would mean law changes.  The way things are changing, we have this circuit breaker and now a new law just passed today prohibiting gatherings of any size even at home, who can say for sure if the numbers today surge, there wont be a new law passed tomorrow?

So people do get anxious.  And speculate.  Of cos some are just kpo.

For me it doesnt bother me that much cos no matter what I have to go to work as usual.  And I drive.  But it might bother someone who need to drop kids off with parents or even neighbours (last time when we used to do that dont think it happens now that much but hey you are The OLD Jaffa so maybe you know) and that person needs stability that the law will not change tomorrow because of a figure released tonight.

A standard timing for releasing of news would be helpful.  Maybe it wont be complete because of the timing but I think people can understand.  

A simple statement every day at 1600

"As of 1200 hrs today, we had 40 new cases of covid-19.   20 imported, 20 local.  Contact tracing is in progress and updates will be given in the news."

Or

"As of 1200 hrs today, we had 200 new cases of covid-19.  0 imported, 200 new.  Contact tracing is in progress and updates will be given in the news.  In view of the sudden surge in cases, the task force has decided on an extraordinary measure.  As we are finalising details, we will give a second update in a special press conference tonight at 2200 hrs."

This will calm panic cos everyone knows the answer will be out at 2200 hrs.

There MAY still be panic buying but at least it will not be worsened by people speculating.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 4

6 minutes ago, Knoobie said:

Not demand. Just anxious of the state.

At least better than those YOLO bochap that still want last party or hanging around coffee shop ma..

Thanks for clarifying. My post wasn’t directed at you but was triggered to write when I read your post. I also said the same in my chat groups to those entitled people who just have something to say every time.

sorry.. my fuse abit short now because I still see people trying to find loopholes around the banning of any social gatherings announced by GKY 2 hours ago.

i mean wtf is wrong with these people. We don’t have to be sheep and follow every damn instruction but certain sensible ones like stay at home for just a fking month, just follow lah!

• Praise 7