COVID-19 III: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TO 1ST JUNE: 1,037 New Cases - (23 Apr)

Windwaver

Message added by kobayashiGT

Turbocharged
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Maybe I dont understand but how is that different from sitting in a deserted void deck and eating? 

If you sit at the void deck table happily eating,   people who walk past may not understand why you could be eating there while they can't ?

And you know humans, they will do what others do, either pretending to be ignorant or blatant disregard of different circumstances as long they get what they want. Very soon, you will have other non essential folks sitting at the void deck eating as well.

So to avoid all the unnecessary enforcement, the authorities just have to apply a blanket rule across all.

Edited by Icedbs
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12
  • Shocked 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Your meber of parliahment is probably bz working on promotion I mean erectiom i mean selection...

walkover or walkabout? can siam sure siam lah given the climate on the street...

I cumprain to my PM.

Can you hear me?

https://youtu.be/a91NyL2-Vg8

Edited by Datsun366

31 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Maybe I dont understand but how is that different from sitting in a deserted void deck and eating? 

Even if u say u eat in your vehicle, people can still walk past while u r eating.

Maybe for a lorry it's not an issue.   I am thinking of cars or delivery riders.  They dont have a "base" and its impractical to go home just to eat and drink cos dont forget its not just meals.  Sometimes some coffee and a break for 15 minutes is needed.

Saying use common sense or be flexible is not helping cos everyone thinks differently.

The only solution I can think of is simply call this a lock down.

All delivery riders stay at home and come out only when there is an order.  And all buyers accept that there will be delays.

And taxis to stop roaming the streets. Only take in call bookings.   Cant the cab companies simply waive on call booking charges for this month so that people will just book for cabs and cab drivers dont waste time and fuel going around and waiting at empty taxi stands?

Two cents.

All very good ideas. 

I'm completely OK with enforcement officers being permitted to eat in public at designated seats with good social distancing (they still cannot sit together). 

To avoid public discomfiture, they should be identifiable by uniform and/or have a standardised portable placard (a controlled item) they can place on the table while they have their meals.

This is cleaner than having them eat at void decks etc.

Honestly, some common sense must prevail. Our million dollar ministers can't even think of this 20 cent placard idea?

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

All very good ideas. 

I'm completely OK with enforcement officers being permitted to eat in public at designated seats with good social distancing (they still cannot sit together). 

To avoid public discomfiture, they should be identifiable by uniform and/or have a standardised portable placard (a controlled item) they can place on the table while they have their meals.

This is cleaner than having them eat at void decks etc.

Honestly, some common sense must prevail. Our million dollar ministers can't even think of this 20 cent placard idea?

Better not have exemptions. You know human nature, they will argue why you can but I cannot? No end.

The essential workers just have to find their own solutions - eat in car, van, at home, eat full full before starting work like puasa, energy bars etc. 

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Better not have exemptions. You know human nature, they will argue why you can but I cannot? No end.

The essential workers just have to find their own solutions - eat in car, van, at home, eat full full before starting work like puasa, energy bars etc. 

I don't know bro. 

There will always need be exemptions, exceptions and differential treatment.

Just imagine if people start arguing about why some can work from home while others have to go to workplace. And why some can shake legs at home and be paid while others need to do actual work at home. And why some got free quarantine at high class hotels while some had to pay full price for less atas facilities. And why some got to actually stay at home but others are forced into hotels. Etc.

And I'm not sure if Parliament is still scheduled, but if so, wait for someone to question why they can't do it remotely? 

Basically, there's no end to people KPKB. And that's not unique to Sinkies. It's a universal trait. People are people and people are scum. 😂

I still want to see humane treatment of the enforcement officers. Unlike the jiak liao bees sitting on top of bridges with speed cams, I actually support the mission of these folk.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

Twincharged
15 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Just like non essential services applying for exemption... I apply, you apply, she apply, he apply. In the end....???

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Credor said:

Just like non essential services applying for exemption... I apply, you apply, she apply, he apply. In the end....???

Except this doesn't have to be applied for. It should just be mandated for these selected enforcement workers and clearly communicated to shut the mouths of the forever complaining public.

14 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

From ST:

Singapore has about 1,100 critical care beds - in both intensive care (ICU) and high dependency (HDU) units - in the public and private sectors.

But not all have mechanical ventilators which some Covid-19 patients require in order to breathe when the virus affects their lungs.

An MOH spokesman told The Straits Times that ICUs are equipped with resuscitation and monitoring equipment such as ventilators to manage critically ill patients, while HDUs are catered for patients who require close monitoring and care, but less intensive clinical support.

MOH would not give the actual number, but ST understands that ICU beds account for roughly half the critical care beds.

These critical care beds are also needed by patients with other medical conditions. In normal times, the demand for these beds is quite high.

However, since the Covid-19 outbreak started, Singapore has been pushing back non-urgent treatments to free up hospital beds, including critical care beds.

Overall, 10 per cent to 15 per cent of Covid-19 patients get critically sick. In Britain, two in three such patients need mechanical ventilators to help them breathe for a median of five days. Some need it for weeks.

Currently, about 25 Covid-19 patients are in critical care in Singapore. So long as this number remains fairly low, the healthcare system here can provide them with the best care they need.

Assuming we have 550 beds with critical care facilities (50% of 1100) in SG and 15% needs ICU care of which 2/3 needs ventilators, we can technically sustain active Covid cases of 5.5K at any one time. 

550/5500 = 10%.  If I take lower ICU care rate of 10% instead of 15%, the number would be 7% (translating into ability to handle 8K active cases).

We now have 669 active cases and 25 are in ICU.  That is 4%.  Pretty low vs the above 7-10% ratio.

Reality is less bleak or my math is wrong? 

Of course we cannot assume all ICU beds are used for Covid patients, if we use only ICDC's 330 beds and 15% ICU rate, we can handle active patient load of 3.3k.  We should all take comfort from these numbers, we are far from Italy, Spain and NY.

3 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Of course we cannot assume all ICU beds are used for Covid patients, if we use only ICDC's 330 beds and 15% ICU rate, we can handle active patient load of 3.3k.  We should all take comfort from these numbers, we are far from Italy, Spain and NY.

I don't think all 330 beds are ICU beds, just isolation beds,maybe some ICU. Only the task force knows what is the max number of active cases Sg can handle. Hopefully the Covidiots will not cause the peak number to exceed the capacity. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
5 hours ago, Tianmo said:

yes. 

but so far i have not read anything on "no eating alone at the void deck"..

All I have seen about no eating is on "no eating at eating places, take away only", while void deck is "no gather at the void deck". 

If the grab rider, buy take away and eat at the void deck ALONE, he did not eat at eating place, he also did not gather at the void deck, technically he did not break any law.

So far, we seen incidents on ppl caught eating at eating places, ppl warn when hanging ard void deck doing nothing, have we seen any cases of grab riders being told off for eating at the void deck?

If everyone stay at home, and the riders are delivery food, the only things gathering at the void deck with the grab riders will be ghost. 

I just dont understand why some ppl just have to find fault for the sake of finding fault...-_-

My friend's job is home visit nursing and void decks are the only places she can have meals alone. She said will still kena checked by the officers and have to show employment ID as proof. Took some convincing before she was allowed to carry on. That was CB day 1 and I think most officers still unsure about all the possible scenarios. 

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 5
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I don't know bro. 

There will always need be exemptions, exceptions and differential treatment.

Just imagine if people start arguing about why some can work from home while others have to go to workplace. And why some can shake legs at home and be paid while others need to do actual work at home. And why some got free quarantine at high class hotels while some had to pay full price for less atas facilities. And why some got to actually stay at home but others are forced into hotels. Etc.

And I'm not sure if Parliament is still scheduled, but if so, wait for someone to question why they can't do it remotely? 

Basically, there's no end to people KPKB. And that's not unique to Sinkies. It's a universal trait. People are people and people are scum. 😂

I still want to see humane treatment of the enforcement officers. Unlike the jiak liao bees sitting on top of bridges with speed cams, I actually support the mission of these folk.

Yes, people are SCUM.  

Totally agree. SCUMs

• Praise 2

46 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Reality is less bleak or my math is wrong? 

Bleak or not, it depends on the forecast.  Are our cases going to go down, maintain or spike up? The first two scenarios are ok.  It's the third that has everyone worried.  

I personally dont think it will spike beyond what might happen with regards to the FW dormitories but I have history of being a claypot master

Claypot master definition is someone who makes predictions confidently and the end result is always the opposite.

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

I wonder how much strain local businesses can take?

With little help for rental. Not much. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Icedbs said:

Actually I think park should be close. 

A bill has been pass to ban social gathering of friends and relatives in public places.. But how do you enforce that if you keep the parks open?  It will be obvious that everyone will meet at the parks since they can't meet at any other place.

Again, another half baked measure.

Now they have cordoned off all fitness facilities and playgrounds leaving only the roads/paths for users.

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

I think they are talking about delivery/PHV folks.  Not enforcement officers.

For enforcement officers, I am sure they have a "base" where they do their eating, cos they need to take care of their "image".

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Now they have cordoned off all fitness facilities and playgrounds leaving only the roads/paths for users.

CB day 1 my area got all the sec sch kids celebrating no-sch-month and gathering at playgrounds. End up ppl report them and officers arrived. Cordon went up shortly after. 

• Praise 5

https://mothership.sg/2020/04/beng-who-cooks-covid-19/

Two young hawkers selling Singapore-style Poké bowls are cooking for anyone who cannot afford meals during the Covid-19 circuit breaker, which has been in effect since April 7, 2020.

'Beng Who Cooks' prepares meals for needy

The month-long circuit breaker in Singapore will last until May 4, 2020, with all non-essential services to be suspended until the end of this period.

Two young hawkers running Beng Who Cooks, Jason Chua and Zhen Long, have started an initiative to prepare meals for anybody who's unable to afford meals until the end of the circuit breaker.

In their Instagram video, they shared that they will be cooking for anyone who comes forward.

"We don't need proof, just tell us and we'll (deliver)," Chua said in the video. "Even if you do bad things, you just want to get a free meal, so be it."

They are also offering meals to children who have been unable to have proper meals due to school closures, calling for them to come forward.

Refused to accept donations

In the second portion of their Instagram post, they noted that several people have sent them money via online payment methods.

"I know you guys have Jason's phone number... Stop transferring money, because it's really not about the money," Zhen Long stressed in the video.

However, they called for people to spread awareness instead.

They also added in a later post that food and delivery will be free, thanks to sponsors who "forcefully gave" them the money.

They are also collaborating with a neighbouring drinks stall at Hong Lim Market and Food Centre, where their stall is located.

Check out their menu in their Instagram post as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-jOpGPHI54/

Stall location:

531A Upper Cross St, #01-44 Hong Lim Food Centre, Upper Cross St, Singapore 051531

(Please only visit for essential purposes during this circuit breaker period.)

Top image via Beng Who Cooks/FB

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3