COVID-19 III: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TO 1ST JUNE: 1,037 New Cases - (23 Apr)

Windwaver

Message added by kobayashiGT

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Different part of the country got different rates so S.Korea can do that

U see our distribution of cases theres no pattern... we're too small to be able to divide the country into different regions to lockdown

there isn’t a geographic pattern but there are patterns to recognise like demographic pattern. People who are likely to be spreaders, target them early with draconian measures. 

unfortunately the government are probably worried about votes and it will be unpopular with the masses who cannot see the risk early on, like a month ago.

↡ Advertisement

15 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Sometimes it simply takes another cyclist to tell them off. Don't hesitate to do that to the large group when you stopped beside them at the lights. Everyone plays a part. 

Most prominent cycling groups here that I knew of have already stopped their official group rides 2 weeks ago and are strongly discouraging organised rides of any sorts moving forward. 

If any member of the public or driver told them off instead, they might think they are being victimised again. 🙄

Now water bottle is a real weapon.

COVID flavoured.😂

• Haha! 2

31 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Apropos of my post above, the quote function seems to be totally screwed up after the "upgrade". Anything more than a single set of manually inserted quote tags doesn't get formatted correctly. Oh well. Just another thing for admin to note.

Your point on Japan may well turn out to be true, unfortunately. 

Ever since the Olympics was officially announced to be post-phoned, the published number of infections are "allowed" to spike up. A mere coincidence? Highly unlikely given how the Japanese government thinks and work, especially with Abe's administration throwing all its eggs into the Olympics basket to make it a resounding economic and PR success. 

If there's a going to be a new epi-centre in East Asia, its going to be Japan for sure.

• Praise 4

Supersonic

Just drop off a rider in full combat gear, he was wearing a surgical mask, a face mask, pair of gloves.

Won't let me help unload (touch) his hoard of sheng siong supplies.

I'll probably contaminate it.

But he was wearing a pair of cotton gloves used by durian sellers. I'd probably recommend he use surgical gloves used by surgeons and wear a full hazmat suit next time he go supermart.

• Haha! 8

Went through Hero Bar cluster.  AMDK really CCB.

Case 192 (He is the 2nd patient with USA travel history)
14.       Case 192 is an imported case involving a 32 year-old male American national who arrived in Singapore on 10 March from the US. He was confirmed to have COVID-19 infection on 13 March morning, and is currently warded at NCID.

Case 556. Confirmed on 24 Mar. 27y/o. Female.  UK Citizen (Singapore Work Pass holder).  Travelled to Australia.  She is also linked to Wilby Residence cluster.

Case 670.  Confirmed on 26 Mar. 34y/o. Male.  Australia (Singapore Work Pass holder). Local unlinked (on 26 Mar).  He is linked to Hero Bar Cluster on 30 Mar.  He is linked to Singapore Cricket Club cluster on 3 April.

Screenshot 2020-04-04 at 11.27.14 AM.png

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 4

5 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Just drop off a rider in full combat gear, he was wearing a surgical mask, a face mask, pair of gloves.

But he was wearing a pair of cotton gloves used by durian sellers. I'd probably recommend he use surgical gloves used by surgeons and wear a full hazmat suit next time he go supermart.

Hilarious 😂

It's almost like Covid-19 has became a lot more lethal after LHL's national address yesterday, leading to such reactions. This again, shows us that a lot of Singaporeans have to wait to be told by the government that things are serious, before they start to take precautionary measures on their own.  But I welcome this over-reaction on that customer of yours. Donning full combat gear is much better than having none. 

• Haha! 2

12 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

what's a face mask ? as opposed to surgical.

30 minutes ago, RadX said:

Yes

the very vulnerable grp

My wife old me there was a staff not feeling well that went back to work at the old folks home, is that true?

If that's true he/she has killed 2 people already :psychotic:

• Sad 1

Just now, Windwaver said:

My wife old me there was a staff not feeling well that went back to work at the old folks home, is that true?

If that's true he/she has killed 2 people already :psychotic:

I mean 1.

3 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Supermarket should keep/lock all the trolley. So that those ppl who hoard will have problem carrying. make their life more difficult.

Should just hide a GPS tracker and bill them the cost of the trolley :grin:

Singapore Pools to suspend lottery draws, close outlets and online betting service

"Singapore Pools will suspend all lottery draws and totalisator sales to align with the nationwide measures to manage the COVID-19 situation," it said in a press release.

"With the suspension of 4D and Toto Lottery draws, all Singapore Pools’ outlets, comprising branches and authorised retailers, will be closed from next Tuesday till further notice. Account betting service will be suspended as well," it added.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-pools-suspend-4d-toto-close-outlets-online-betting-12609116

• Praise 1

[Sent by Gov.sg]

*COVID-19: 4 Apr Update*

We have another death due to COVID-19.

A 88 year-old male Singapore PR has unfortunately passed away from complications due to COVID-19 infection. He had a history of heart and kidney disease, cancer and diabetes.

Our deepest sympathies to the family. MOH and NCID is providing them with all necessary assistance.

go.gov.sg/apr4moh

*Please be socially responsible and keep our seniors safe*
- Stay home as much as possible 
- Have someone to get essentials for the elderly if necessary
- Do not go near the elderly if you are unwell, or on quarantine or Stay-Home Notice

The health of all depends on each one of us.

• Sad 1