COVID-19 III: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TO 1ST JUNE: 1,037 New Cases - (23 Apr)

Windwaver

Message added by kobayashiGT

Twincharged
1 minute ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Assuming they live together, this is explicitly allowed by the law so why should there be improvements required? 

As far as possible stay at home la.. Why bring the child out for walk? Why need to jog together? Why need to cycle together? This circuit breaker period is very critical.. If done well, the number of new cases will not explode.. If not.. We really in deep shit.. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Tohto said:

But it take so long before polyclinic are able to do the swap test.

Not true. The polyclinic swab programme has been in place for weeks.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

6 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Assuming they live together, this is explicitly allowed by the law so why should there be improvements required? 

Now it has been reduced to just 1 person + another person from the same household.

But there were people running in groups of 2-4 who look like they are neighbours or colleagues....maybe they do live in the same household. But surely, that were unlikely to be too many of them. 

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I was a corporal from CDO, and all of us, including our officers, serve to 40 years old max. Once they finish their 6 high keys, they are done.

Typically we ORD at 21, finish uni 3 to 4 years later, then go back ICT annually for another 6 years. Most of us ROD by early thirties, while some finish before their 30th birthday if they serve their ICT during uni.

I can't imagine myself doing ippt at 50! 

It could be based on vocation. I don't have to worry about IPPT cos of my PES but by right, I am not even supposed to have reservist. But my skillset is in demand, so roped in lah. Post ORD conversion to occifer. I play with my sword from time to time.😂

• Haha! 1

A few individuals abusing their privileges will cause the entire population to lose whatever little rights they have to fresh air and recreation. 

• Praise 4

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Not true. The polyclinic swab programme has been in place for many weeks.

So if I’m worried, can I make an appt at let’s say marine parade polyclinic to do the swab test?

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

So if I’m worried, can I make an appt at let’s say marine parade polyclinic to do the swab test?

I believe you still have to meet screening criteria first based on your symptoms and exposure history. Otherwise they'll just send you home on a 5 day MC (strict type, cannot go out one) with advice to return if symptoms progress.

The criteria may have become more lax (liberal) since I last checked so don't quote me on this.

If you actually meet criteria or suspicion is strong they'll swab you and either send you home for 5 days pending results or straight to isolation in hospital depending on how bad you are.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

35 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

When I went out buy meals today I still see two main types of ppl doing their best in social gathering. Teenagers with brains that's damaged by too much study (or maybe the lack of it) and stubborn lao langs with brains that's perhaps already half rotten. 

Our generation best discipline, not too young not too old, suffer like the old guards when we were kids and flexible to keep up with the modern digital world.

However, young people don't want to employ us, say we too old already for them :grin:

• Praise 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I have no idea why people think just because they're jogging or cycling or otherwise exercising, they're somehow magically protected. Must be the same cognitive dissonance that convinces people their SHN doesn't apply on day zero or that it's ok to stand on crowds sans masks before the CB kicks in. Maybe endorphins (natural opiates like a weak form of heroin) are affecting judgment. 😂

Yes, the immune system is strengthened by moderate exercise (severe exercise may actually weaken it, so don't overdo it). But there are actually more risks if someone is shedding virus and you're exercising around them. Greater respiratory rate and expelled air, more moist exhalations the works. And slipstreaming, as mentioned here: https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/coronavirus-keep-at-least-10m-away-if-running-behind-someone-to-avoid-infection-say

Exercise alone or far away from others. Seriously!

I realised that article is behind a paywall. In any case, they were probably sourcing from this:

https://medium.com/@jurgenthoelen/belgian-dutch-study-why-in-times-of-covid-19-you-can-not-walk-run-bike-close-to-each-other-a5df19c77d08

• Praise 2

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

A few individuals abusing their privileges will cause the entire population to lose whatever little rights they have to fresh air and recreation. 

It's not just about conscious "abuse". There's a lot of ignorance about exactly how goddamned contagious this virus is. If you look at the article I just posted, the safe distance is actually lengthened behind a runner. 

So let's say you're running along. You're not a very fast runner or maybe you're winding down. You're rather tired so not fully aware of your surroundings. Suddenly someone really fast comes bolting down behind you, quickly passes you and keeps running in front of you. All the while the guy is expiring moist air at a much higher volumetric rate than under tidal (resting) conditions. 

Congratulations. If the guy in front was shedding, you have now been exposed. It may not have been prolonged contact, but I believe it is possible to be infected this way. 

Maybe it's necessary to have an etiquette like obligating people to shout "behind you!" to give you time to cross to the other side of the road or something. But it's too cumbersome and too controversial to promote, let alone mandate. 

Anyway, every person must decide on the risks they're personally willing to take, but I'd rather they be informed decisions guided by sound sense and science rather than just doing what the crowd does.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Need to deploy our army tank on the street le. Shoot blanks and scare everyone and head back to their home....

Thatz the way we used to do it during range clearance for shooting exercise and missile launchers in RSN during my time. Those fishermen dont wana leave the area despite being told, we just fire off one OTO Melera 76mm round and they all scramble like mad. RSN dont carry blanks onboard, only live rounds. It was damn freaking loud.[grin]

That really woke the sh!t out of those fishermen.[sly]

• Haha! 3

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Thatz the way we used to do it during range clearance for shooting exercise and missile launchers in RSN during my time. Those fishermen dont wana leave the area despite being told, we just fire off one OTO Melera 76mm round and they all scramble like mad. RSN dont carry blanks onboard, only live rounds. It was damn freaking loud.[grin]

That really woke the sh!t out of those fishermen.[sly]

Ah, the halcyon days before social media and citizen "reporting". 😁

By the way, "shit" is allowed. Just shit it out. 😂

Edited by Turboflat4

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Ho2786 said:

jewel still open ?

tomorrow I go

finally can eat shake shake!!!!!!

Eat your head ah, tarpau nia. Cannot sit or loiter around also, will hav ppl chase u away. Carpark also heavily reduced, b4 and b5 closed, b3 got many lots cordoned off with tape. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Haha! 5

4 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

It's not just about conscious "abuse". There's a lot of ignorance about exactly how goddamned contagious this virus is. If you look at the article I just posted, the safe distance is actually lengthened behind a runner. 

So let's say you're running along. You're not a very fast runner. You're rather tired so not fully aware of your surroundings. Suddenly someone really fast comes bolting down behind you, quickly passes you and keeps running in front of you. 

Congratulations. If the guy in front was shedding, you have now been exposed. 

Maybe it's necessary to have an etiquette like obligating people to shout "behind you!" to give you time to cross to the other side of the road or something. But it's too cumbersome and too controversial to promote, let alone mandate. 

Anyway, every person must decide on the risks they're personally willing to take, but I'd rather they be informed decisions guided by sound sense and science rather than just doing what the crowd does.

That word ‘behind you’ is always mostly uttered by AngMohs usually during running  n biking .... they do have some form of courtesy, usually 

• Praise 5

18 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Exactly like PMD issue repeating itself......

Wonder how many repeats we need to learn.

• Praise 1