COVID-19 III: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TO 1ST JUNE: 1,037 New Cases - (23 Apr)

Windwaver

Message added by kobayashiGT

36 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Out of curiosity, is army still conducting trainings? I know BMT is suspended but in units they also have PT sessions or SOC training or even range.  

All these activities actually require close contact.  

So has it all been cancelled, postponed or ongoing?

Reservist camps. Not active unit. 

↡ Advertisement

6 minutes ago, cashcow said:

Mustafa centre is not only a bio-hazard but also a major fire hazard.....goods and supplies are cramped packed everywhere with minimum walking space, cannot even squeeze through on weekends. Authorities closing their eyes from such realities until this covid-19 situation gotten a waking-up call.

Never go there for quite a long while...so bloody crowded with foreign talents esp on Sunday that I thought I was in Mumbai; not Sg...... hahaha

think some years back Mustafa kena warning by SCDF for over crowding, so now a bit better already. 

a bit.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
4 minutes ago, Mahjong74 said:

No worries. our Government is doing a good job. Gold standard according to themselves.

Government will implement more measures to keep all of us "safe and Healthy". 

Just stay calm and watchful. Doesn't matter if SG number is 1910 or 2000 or even 5000

This is what Pinky said before.

We have to trust our Government and what he said. 

So lets just vote wisely in the coming Election. 

Untitled.jpg

Don’t forget Vivian too. Want to give speech like Singapore doing damn well...Fark la.

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 2

19 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

If I have to hazard a guess now, the root cause is due to the very late closure of our border, exposing popular places like Mustafa to infected visitors from their home countries. Once Mustafa gets hit, the curve will be very frightening due to the sheer number of shoppers there in close contact.

And I will attribute the blame to the people who made said late decision to close our border. My post is not made on the basis of hindsight (it certainly helps but no), but more their lack of common sense, or decision making clouded by economic possibilities. 

Situation was worsened by the very low population of people wearing masks then (thanks to their own advise), coupled with very limited social distancing a few weeks ago, all contributing to the explosion today.

Their decisions are always made a few steps late. It's very painful when we are the ones bearing the consequence.

Actually a lot of MCFers already saw things coming even in during late January. Lazy to go back search but all those cautions, recommendations and predictions were already in Part 1. 

We have more foresight than foreskins combined in this forum, I would say. 😁

• Praise 8
  • Haha! 5

3 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Don’t forget Vivian too. Want to give speech like Singapore doing damn well...Fark la.

Where Vivienne now? Need him to sell some koyok to outsiders now since Sg fast becoming laughing stock for HK and TW. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
43 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

I meant it on a broader scale than running. Most older folk can only manage a brisk shuffle but they end up mingling together after finishing their respective exercises, especially if they’re regulars. Can’t be helped; we are social animals. But therein lies the abuse of privileges - thinking they can group up just because they’ve been exercising.

Dare I say it - if the situation continues to worsen, even if food supply is available, people may be restricted to certain assigned slots to go to supermarkets to purchase food, to ensure there is no crowding. You’ll have no choice of Giant, Fairprice, Sheng Siong or Cold Storage - you just go where you’re assigned at the time you’ve been allotted and you make do with what you can find.

Sounds draconian? Yes. But that’s what happens when 40,000 people can only think for themselves by queuing up to have one last IKEA visit for a month and one last night at the club.

Someone else makes the decision for them. I don’t like it at all but I can’t say I blame the lawmakers at this point anymore.

I share your assessment of the growing gravity of the situation but for the record I would strongly object to any measure which curtails my choice of supermarket because I absolutely require gluten and dairy free items that are not universally available.

Edited by Turboflat4

46 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Out of curiosity, is army still conducting trainings? I know BMT is suspended but in units they also have PT sessions or SOC training or even range.  

All these activities actually require close contact.  

So has it all been cancelled, postponed or ongoing?

I know RSN still operational. No choice, someone still need to guard the seas from piracy and conduct patrolling duties. Otherwise "ppl" will come and disturb. 

• Praise 4

9 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Actually a lot of MCFers already saw things coming even in during late January. Lazy to go back search but all those cautions, recommendations and predictions were already in Part 1. 

We have more foresight than foreskins combined in this forum, I would say. 😁

Dey I got foresight and foreskin lah. 

Don't be prepuce-terous. 😂

• Haha! 4

9 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Thanks for the reminder. Even if SG cases reaches 10,000 or 20,000

Vivian and Pinky will still said Singapore is doing damn well, as compare to USA or China. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

5 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Where Vivienne now? Need him to sell some koyok to outsiders now since Sg fast becoming laughing stock for HK and TW. 

I would ask where is CCS now. He made a fool of other leaders who wore masks in THAT recording, and now look at where we are versus them.

HK has only 13 cases today, while we have 287. I will feel very embarrassed if I am in his shoe.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 4

5 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I would ask where is CCS now. He made a fool of other leaders who wore masks in THAT recording, and now look at where we are versus them.

HK has only 13 cases today, while we have 287. I will feel very embarrassed if I am in his shoe.

CCS? He paiseh until don't dare to go meeting. Didn't find him in this picture. 😂

92368896_3178353778893973_60970963947099

• Haha! 5

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

That word ‘behind you’ is always mostly uttered by AngMohs usually during running  n biking .... they do have some form of courtesy, usually 

Cap says “on your left” instead. 

but he’s from the old era :grin: 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Siao liao lor 287

i hate to say it but i told you.

anyway the daily numbers will fluctuate and even if it drops for one two days we are not out of the woods just like that

it has to be a consistent decrease in numbers over the days to come.

Initially i thought we would peak at a total of 3000 cases, now i am at lost for numbers.

better not be 4 digit cases in a single day.  

Being such a densely populated country is jialat.

🙏 pray for Singapore

• Praise 6

Turbocharged
(edited)
38 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

MoH press release is available on gov.sg now.

Quite a number of details is missing in the list.

There is a 13 year old boy on the list.

Got to give credit to the guy who has been typing these press releases everyday.  As the cases get more, the  daily timeline he has gets shorter. Hopefully he has a few  other colleagues to help him now.

So I guess some details are missing because he can't wait for all others to furnish him with the details as he needs to meet his timeline.

* I am using "he" as a general pronoun. It can also be "her". Please don't say I am sexist or ask me if "he" is a fact or assumption.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

19 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Only HK and TW? 

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia on Thursday (Apr 9) reported 109 new COVID-19 cases, its lowest in about two weeks.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/malaysia-covid-19-lowest-new-cases-two-weeks-12625240

• Praise 5

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Only HK and TW? 

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia on Thursday (Apr 9) reported 109 new COVID-19 cases, its lowest in about two weeks.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/malaysia-covid-19-lowest-new-cases-two-weeks-12625240

Ya man, even that newbie govt with a newbie PM made their crucial lockdown decision way earlier than us. Today they are reaping the rewards. Kudos to them, though I think they will continue to see such a range for a while due to their "unique" political religious situation.

Laugh at them somemore eh?

Edited by Weez911
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1