COVID-19 III: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TO 1ST JUNE: 1,037 New Cases - (23 Apr)

Windwaver

Message added by kobayashiGT

1 hour ago, Knoobie said:

I'm fine with the eggs. But damn lol when I saw the replacement photo. Where she pose to cook without fire and a clearly dulan face.

Then try to explain that she got it from farmer friends in another post.. 

Clearly our ministers have trouble with PR matters.

When it isnt what it is, it isnt what it is.

a friggin posed picture is purely for publicity. Bad ones.

anyway, who the hell cares what she does at home?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
54 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Then why delete the original photo? Stand by it.

心虚

Umm..that's true.........no idea why except maybe she doesn't want to fuel more comments ?

I don't use FB, so I don't know what is happening there.

6 minutes ago, golden_eagle said:

I wonder how does the daily number of cases correlate with weather & rain in SG. 

When it rains people tend to congregate into home or shopping malls and the outcome is more people gets. 

I believe not easy to study as this virus can play hide & seek and not immediately kenna type.. there's delayed effect..

In short Stay Home loh.. 

Turbocharged

My thoughts on dormitories and how they are being run

This covid-19 situation has once again stir up the isue of how they are curruently being operated and managed. All are run by organisations or corporations on free market principles ie profit maximization model.

Thus they will try to maximizie top line revenues ie pack in as mucht people as possible and concurrently reduce their overheads and related costs as low as possible whilst meeting the rules and regulations of governmental agencies.

With covid-19 infections and clusters mushrooming in these spaces, they remind me of "diamond princess" cruise ship cases by magnified many folds at one location. Imagine 20,000 FW cramped in one dorm ie 4~5 times per cruise ship.

We really have to re-examine whether we should continue on this basis once this covid-19 threat has been resolved. Should we not move to a not-for-profit model and to make more drastic actions to reduce occupation densities and to provide more intergrated medical and support facilities to make these places more humane  and to a "first world" standard like what Dr Tommy Koh has said.

Of course the ramifications of increased labour cost is inevitable to the extent of making some industries non competitive etc... but this would be the trade-off to be expected. Do we need a new Terminal 5 for our airport? Can't we slow down our crazy construction pace all over Singapore?

If we can space out our development rates, then the demand for foreign labour will naturally be reduced and this will trickle down to less space demands for dormitories...blah blah.

My 2c... (hope Jo Teo read this)

What do you think?  😆

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

I have another dumb idea.

Want to promote social distancing? 

Shut all the supermarkets (SS, Giant and NTUC).  Only allow online delivery.  The only problem now is lack of delivery slots but I am thinking if taxi drivers or PHV can be the delivery men, the manpower is there and more slots are available.  Why I say taxi driver and PHV is because they have some form of identification available so people cant abuse it easily.  And it gives them a job to do now that there are fewer commuters.

I was even thinking why not use the public buses since demand is low.  Just dedicate one bus for one estate a day or something. The bus driver will just be the delivery person who comes to loading bay and residents come down to take their goods (something like how EZ buy is doing). 

But definitely require a lot of coordination among the agencies organisations.

I use Redmart for my beer and chips.

People will kpkb economy is not good. 

13 minutes ago, cashcow said:

This covid-19 situation has once again stir up the isue of how they are curruently being operated and managed. All are run by organisations or corporations on free market principles ie profit maximization model.

Thus they will try to maximizie top line revenues ie pack in as mucht people as possible and concurrently reduce their overheads and related costs as low as possible whilst meeting the rules and regulations of governmental agencies.

With covid-19 infections and clusters mushrooming in these spaces, they remind me of "diamond princess" cruise ship cases by magnified many folds at one location. Imagine 20,000 FW cramped in one dorm ie 4~5 times per cruise ship.

We really have to re-examine whether we should continue on this basis once this covid-19 threat has been resolved. Should we not move to a not-for-profit model and to make more drastic actions to reduce occupation densities and to provide more intergrated medical and support facilities to make these places more humane  and to a "first world" standard like what Dr Tommy Koh has said.

Of course the ramifications of increased labour cost is inevitable to the extent of making some industries non competitive etc... but this would be the trade-off to be expected. Do we need a new Terminal 5 for our airport? Can't we slow down our crazy construction pace all over Singapore?

If we can space out our development rates, then the demand for foreign labour will naturally be reduced and this will trickle down to less space demands for dormitories...blah blah.

What do you think?  😆

20 minutes ago, cashcow said:

What do you think?  😆

This will be the ultimate last resort. If after one month the CB doesnt work and new cases still in 3 digits 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
53 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I tried all supermarkets online store because i didnt want to go out anymore, and I am prepared to wait 3-5 days, but zero slots.  No one supermarket online has a  slot after I key in my postal code...<_<

My wife got something delivered today from ntuc. The slots pop up now and then but they get snapped up very fast.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
26 minutes ago, cashcow said:

What do you think?  😆

... you think the dormitories condition is bad because of what you came from. 
I am not 100% sure but I think the dorm conditions now are better than where they came from. 
Like u said, it’s a profit model. It’s the same everywhere, even for people like us. Companies pay the minimum required to hire. 
if u want to champion, why not champion for the thousands of lowly paid  Singaporeans?”?

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Icedbs said:

Actually I find 3 trays of eggs acceptable for a small-medium family.  Some family have 1-2 eggs per person for breakfast everyday. For those who bake, it could easily be 10 eggs in one go. 

When I saw the link, I thought she was hoarding  like a dozen of trays...or a store full of eggs!

My family of 4 + 2 large dogs usually have 2 trays of eggs at home. 

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

I believe not easy to study as this virus can play hide & seek and not immediately kenna type.. there's delayed effect..

In short Stay Home loh.. 

I took a drive today. It started raining when I was on the Expressway. While I was safe and sound in my car, I saw a lot of bikers gathered under the bridge. Huddled close. I don't think they were wearing masks. 

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Going through data over past few days, i found 2 interesting facts:

Relative short hospitalization period

1. Case 870: Confirmed on 30 Mar.  Discharged on 11 April. 12 days

2. Case 880: Confirmed on 31 Mar.  Discharged on 11 April.  11 days

3. Case 1,233: Confirmed on 5 April. Discharged on 11 April.  7 days

4. Case 1,438: Confirmed on 7 April.  Discharged on 10 April.  3 days

Relative long incubation period

1. Case 1,968: Confirmed on 10 April.  She is family member of case 227(Confirmed on 16 Mar.  imported) , 348(Confirmed on 20 Mar) & 1,087 (Confirmed on 3 April). 

Unrelated but what is your view on the 119 unlinked cases?  

What is the difference between long term pass holder and Singapore work pass holder?  You seems to be scrutinizing the daily reports a whole lot more than the layperson.

Is MOH just conservative on the 119 unlinked cases, most of them are South Asians, and waiting to link them to respective dormitories?  Or these confirmed cases are not exactly FW staying in dormitories?   If it is the latter, then it is perhaps time for a full lockdown. 

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

I was even thinking why not use the public buses since demand is low.  Just dedicate one bus for one estate a day or something. The bus driver will just be the delivery person who comes to loading bay and residents come down to take their goods (something like how EZ buy is doing). 

But definitely require a lot of coordination among the agencies organisations.

Impossible to use this idea🧐

Those regular size buses like MAN or citaro is 12m long, not easy to drive into hdb service roads & loading bays.

Even the drivers able to drive in, they will have a hard time to do 3 point turn & drive out the service roads.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

My wife got something delivered today from ntuc. The slots pop up now and then but they get snapped up very fast.

NTUC still have delivering service? I was at NTUC and thought i saw signage saying that they have suspended delivering service? [confused]

1 minute ago, Voodooman said:

Unrelated but what is your view on the 119 unlinked cases?  

What is the difference between long term pass holder and Singapore work pass holder?  You seems to be scrutinizing the daily reports a whole lot more than the layperson.

Is MOH just conservative on the 119 unlinked cases, most of them are South Asians, and waiting to link them to respective dormitories?  Or these confirmed cases are not exactly FW staying in dormitories?   If it is the latter, then it is perhaps time for a full lockdown. 

Included in yesterday listing, there are 142 cases (out of 191) that is confirmed on 10th.

Accordingly, it is not unlinked. It’s just haven’t got time to link it.

Within FW cluster, there is an increase of 95 cases (46 cases are previous days confirmed cases).

I am worry that community spread might have started looking at how short hospitalization days some of the cases I mentioned.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Knoobie said:

I'm fine with the eggs. But damn lol when I saw the replacement photo. Where she pose to cook without fire and a clearly dulan face.

Then try to explain that she got it from farmer friends in another post.. 

Clearly our ministers have trouble with PR matters.

Not only that....

Its seem like she is stir frying air aka empty wok.

↡ Advertisement