COVID-19 III: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TO 1ST JUNE: 1,037 New Cases - (23 Apr)

Windwaver

Message added by kobayashiGT

2 minutes ago, Sugimoto said:

Not only that....

Its seem like she is stir frying air aka empty wok.

Whatever wok or stove she is using, I want one. Can make fried bee hoon out of nothing.

• Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

... you think the dormitories condition is bad because of what you came from. 
I am not 100% sure but I think the dorm conditions now are better than where they came from. 
Like u said, it’s a profit model. It’s the same everywhere, even for people like us. Companies pay the minimum required to hire. 
if u want to champion, why not champion for the thousands of lowly paid  Singaporeans?”?

Ministers already said the system (minimum standard set by G) has to change, damage control?  

Before it is not a well published fact, now it is all over the news circuit. jialat.  Trump should learn from us, don't need to build walls, just build dormitories. 😂😂😂

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/manpower/dorm-standards-should-be-raised-says-josephine-teo

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, Sugimoto said:

Impossible to use this idea🧐

Those regular size buses like MAN or citaro is 12m long, not easy to drive into hdb service roads & loading bays.

Even the drivers able to drive in, they will have a hard time to do 3 point turn & drive out the service roads.

I wanna say its possible then I realise its cos my place I see the big school bus (about same size as the commuter bus) come and drop off students but the layout might make it practical anywhere else. 

25 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Unrelated but what is your view on the 119 unlinked cases?  

What is the difference between long term pass holder and Singapore work pass holder?  You seems to be scrutinizing the daily reports a whole lot more than the layperson.

Is MOH just conservative on the 119 unlinked cases, most of them are South Asians, and waiting to link them to respective dormitories?  Or these confirmed cases are not exactly FW staying in dormitories?   If it is the latter, then it is perhaps time for a full lockdown. 

The report did not say unlinked.. It state contact tracing underway. Its many of us assume contact tracing underway = unlink. What if because there are too many new cases and not enough time to do contact tracing for all people? So of coz will put contact tracing underway ma.. Looking at majority of them are work pass and long term pass holder and also from blangadesh. Can say that expect there are many linkage to dormitories after they had done the rest of 119 contact tracing that is underway yesterday.. 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Kyrios said:

Ms amy khor has been in the political scene since my student days. Have never heard bad tales abt her and she does appear to be more humble and approachable as compared to the snooty types aka ms grace fu and ms josephine teo. Thats my impression at least of amy khor.

I see her face like same as grace fu and josephine teo who all are snotty type le?! Sorry, i dont really like all of them.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Ministers already said the system (minimum standard set by G) has to change, damage control?  

Before it is not a well published fact, now it is all over the news circuit. jialat.  Trump should learn from us, don't need to build walls, just build dormitories. 😂😂😂

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/manpower/dorm-standards-should-be-raised-says-josephine-teo

Dorm standards should be raised, but then in the same breath you'll also be told to accept the higher costs that come with it.

Same goes for the pickup trucks that's used to ferry the workers. For years it has been a weird exception to LTA rules; no need seat-belts or even proper seats for those sitting at the back. Then now they tried to implement social distancing and realize ..... there are NO SEATS to cross out [laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/coronavirus-delivery-riders-cabbies-can-eat-void-decks-parks-if-they-cant-head-home

Delivery riders, cabbies can eat at void decks, parks if they can't head home

APRIL 12, 2020 by TEE ZHUOTHE STRAITS TIMES

SINGAPORE - Taxi drivers and food delivery riders can eat at public spaces or in their vehicles if it is not practical for them to head home for meals, the Health Ministry (MOH) clarified on Saturday (April 11).

In an update to the "frequently asked questions" page on its website, the ministry said workers providing essential services should have meals at their work premises while practising safe distancing.

For "selected workers whose work requires them to be on the move", they should return to their offices or homes to eat.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I have another dumb idea.

Want to promote social distancing? 

Shut all the supermarkets (SS, Giant and NTUC).  Only allow online delivery.  The only problem now is lack of delivery slots but I am thinking if taxi drivers or PHV can be the delivery men, the manpower is there and more slots are available.  Why I say taxi driver and PHV is because they have some form of identification available so people cant abuse it easily.  And it gives them a job to do now that there are fewer commuters.

I was even thinking why not use the public buses since demand is low.  Just dedicate one bus for one estate a day or something. The bus driver will just be the delivery person who comes to loading bay and residents come down to take their goods (something like how EZ buy is doing). 

But definitely require a lot of coordination among the agencies organisations.

Instead of being transport ambassadors, get those flight-less SQ xmm to be the delivery ... wear bikini ... confirm everyone stay home, don't go shopping and use online delivery instead [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

22 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I wanna say its possible then I realise its cos my place I see the big school bus (about same size as the commuter bus) come and drop off students but the layout might make it practical anywhere else. 

Refrigerated buses? Great, I was worried i might have to give up my ice cream, yogurt and most of my proteins. 😂😂😂

13 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Dorm standards should be raised, but then in the same breath you'll also be told to accept the higher costs that come with it.

Same goes for the pickup trucks that's used to ferry the workers. For years it has been a weird exception to LTA rules; no need seat-belts or even proper seats for those sitting at the back. Then now they tried to implement social distancing and realize ..... there are NO SEATS to cross out [laugh]

Agree.

The price of many products and services are capped by purchasing power, so definitely someone will be squeezed, from consumers to the landlords to even G? 

Consumer demand and price

Consumer demand is defined as the ‘..willingness and ability of consumers to purchase a quantity of goods and services in a given period of time, or at a given point in time..’. Merely being willing to make a purchase does not constitute effective demand – willingness must be supported by an ability to pay. In short, desire needs purchasing power to turn it into effective demand. Purchasing power is determined by current consumer income (or disposable savings) in relation to the current price level.

• Praise 2

16 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Instead of being transport ambassadors, get those flight-less SQ xmm to be the delivery ... wear bikini ... confirm everyone stay home, don't go shopping and use online delivery instead [laugh]

Ok “she” is being arranged for you 🤣

4A761708-F001-4899-8B69-5E9B3E95C882.jpeg

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 5

7 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Refrigerated buses? Great, I was worried i might have to give up my ice cream, yogurt and most of my proteins. 😂😂😂

When I was living in Beijing, I bought ice cream online. It is delivered in styrofoam box with dry ice.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Rm2s said:

Is it ok for me to go pick up my son from his camp? It would be safer than him taking public transport but I am not sure if it will be ok.

Can

dont worry about ok

just make sure son wear a mask and you wear a mask

• Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

This is what layman view of these buses. If you ever have class 4 driving license & driven one which I did, you will know the differences between those school buses with public buses.

Let me show you the key differences:

1. Public buses width are slight wider than those school buses to accomodate wheelchair users, these extra width will contribute bigger turning radius.

2. Those school buses e.g. SC Chivalrous are at most only 11m in length, which allow them to drive in hdb service roads with some degree. Public buses which are designed to run on main roads are 1m longer at wheelbase length. This extra 1m translate to extra turning radius too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1