COVID-19 III: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TO 1ST JUNE: 1,037 New Cases - (23 Apr)

Windwaver

Message added by kobayashiGT

9 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

This place like sg car mart. 

Too many low ballers. 😂

But such lowballing is good lah

mmm my ah balling with ginger soup is yummy

• Haha! 1

+728 new cases

137 unlinked cases

Source: Yahoo, Mothership

Case Details (66 pages): Mothership

Official news from Straits Times

Singapore coronavirus cases cross 4,000 with new daily high of 728 cases

ct-moh-1604.jpg?itok=Qxj7dwaU&timestamp=

SINGAPORE - For a second day running, Singapore recorded another daily high of new coronavirus cases, 728, with the total number of people infected crossing the 4,000 mark.

Like in the past two weeks, foreign workers living in dormitories continue to drive this increase, accounting for 654 of new patients.

Of the remaining new cases, 48 are other local community cases while 26 are work permit holders living outside dormitories.

There were five new clusters announced, with some linked to dormitories, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said in its daily update.

It said 19 per cent of the new cases are currently unlinked and contact tracing for these cases is being done.

No imported cases were reported for the seventh successive day.

Singapore now has 4,427 Covid-19 cases.

• Praise 5
  • Shocked 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I want a govt to stay 3 steps ahead of us, and not always 3 steps behind. People have to beg and scream for actions to drag them into decisions during a pandemic. Sb gek sim.

I need to do a @Mustank liao :grin: 

• Haha! 4

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Freeze car loans during covid 19 outbreak

Due to the recent Circuit Breaker measures by the Singapore government, the authorities has issued a notice to prohibit the movement of people within Singapore ending face to face meetings.

As a result, the sales people, private tutors and PHV drivers cannot fully utilise their cars, and business has almost come to a complete halt from 7th April to 4th May.

The government has rolled out several budgets, however, people who depend on cars to make a living have unfortunately been excluded. There are reliefs passed to landlords so that the landlords can pass down the relief to the tenants. In our case, the landlords are the banks and finance companies.

The government has helped landlords by getting banks and finance companies to freeze the property loans during this tough period, however, due to the sudden announcement that there is not supposed to be any more face to face meeting, sales persons and private tutors are feeling the full impact of this, private hire drivers also have seen their earnings drop drastically hence not being able to fully utilise their vehicles during this period.

Maintenance of the vehicles have to continue as well as road tax to be paid even if the vehicles are not being used. As the pandemic drags on, and the situation is not going to be improving soon, we hope to garner enough support to get the authorities to help freeze car loans together with interest payable till the situation improves or at least for 3 months.

https://www.change.org/p/mas-and-banks-freeze-car-loans-during-covid-19-outbreak/psf/promote_or_share

They defer housing loan for primary residence and investment properties, why not for family ride and tan jiak car?  

4 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I need to do a @Mustank liao :grin: 

You're literally 2 steps behind. OK not quite literally. 😂

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 3

13 minutes ago, Wolfverine said:

48 are locally transmitted.. Again majority are FW living in dormitories.. Think government should speed up the testing even faster for those living in dormitories.. The longer it took to test finish all the FW dormitories.. The more fierce the virus will spread among these people.. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

44 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

Give the man who was filming this a Tiger!!!!

Actually bro (and also @Fcw75), I have changed my mind about this fella filming this.

Because he targets Indians specifically and bullies old people. Watch this, it'll make your blood boil if you're the least bit fair-minded. (I've been told it's the same guy by someone on whatsapp):

I want this guy reported for harassment and extortion (the three hundred dollar demand). Let's see what happens to him compared to the fellas he's targeting.😠

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10