COVID-19 III: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TO 1ST JUNE: 1,037 New Cases - (23 Apr)

Windwaver

Message added by kobayashiGT

At least I see the drop of numbers in ICU. From 31 a few days back to 23 today.

That’s a good thing I suppose?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

50 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I agree. The root cause is our reliance on FW...

It has been the case since way way way way back...... Now no such thing as Singaporean blue collar worker already, becos siasueh.......   bohpian ah..... 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

The voice of the camera man seems different bro. You sure same guy?

no matter what race, young man ,old man, u dun wear mask outside  now, u deserve to be wack.

no 1 should have any excuse now not knowing u need to wear mask outside.

but this cam guy indeed could do a better job with his approach. 

Edited by Beregond

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, RadX said:

If the numbers here continue to climb like this for more than another week ... I wonder if we will be the one asking for foreign aid / relief soon. What a humiliation if have to accept help from 'abang' across the causeway (who seem to be seeing some success in recent days in controlling the virus), or Taiwan (who now know they have a good hand and will play it fully to their advantage), or worse, PRC (regional super-power big brother - but the best placed and most flush with resources / expertise to help).

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Roughly 60 per cent of the over 600 sailors who tested positive so far have not shown symptoms of Covid-19, the potentially lethal respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus, the Navy says.

Coronavirus clue? Most cases aboard stricken US aircraft carrier are symptom-free 
https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/coronavirus-clue-most-cases-aboard-stricken-us-aircraft-carrier-are-symptom-free?xtor=CS3-18&utm_source=STiPhone&utm_medium=share&utm_term=2020-04-17 0%3A04%3A39

600 infected out of 4800 - that's more than 10%.  The packed living conditions and age of the sailors are roughly similar to our FW dormitories. We may see the same % of infections among the FW, 10% to 15%, or 30k to 45k. Hopefully it won't reach 60k. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
28 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Well China has its own issues. An honest government wouldn't have hidden the budding crisis and persecuted whistleblowers like they did. And it's in their interest to make sure their numbers remain firmly low. 

Mind you, I'm not saying they're faking, but they have nothing close to proper independent scrutiny and they've expelled most foreign press by this time. So we have to take their word for it. 

It's ok as long as they don't open up but they've already started doing so. And if there's an issue being hidden there it'll affect us when we open our travel routes back up.

As far as the seriousness of the issue, I think the CCP central govt is aware of it, if they hadn't, by now they definitely would!

The problem with PRC has always been that bad news are hidden at the lower levels, at the city or provincial level, by officials who don't want to be the messenger bearing bad news. This is always the case with top-down authoritarian style leadership - only want to hear the good news - and I am afraid we're leaning in this direction sometimes. Set targets / KPI, and if you don't hit the numbers, out you go, and in comes the next better player - this incentivizes people to keep bad news under wraps.

Once central govt learns of the scale of the problem, they also reluctant to reveal it - because it exposes a weakness - imagine, what would people think of you as boss if you can't control your people to work well and this happens under your watch?

But definitely right now over there, very draconian rules apply. You can read all about QR codes and restrictions. Now they are very sensitive over imported cases. Anyone returning from overseas have to be quarantined 14 days at specially designated hotels and pay their own expenses. Heard it's quite costly, and that's why a whole bunch of PRC FWs now have to tough it out here, rather than return home, during this CB period.

• Praise 5

5 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

600 infected out of 4800 - that's more than 10%.  The packed living conditions and age of the sailors are roughly similar to our FW dormitories. We may see the same % of infections among the FW, 10% to 15%, or 30k to 45k. Hopefully it won't reach 60k. 

This part also similar to our FW dorms.

The possibility that the coronavirus spreads in a mostly stealthy mode among a population of largely young, healthy people showing no symptoms could have major implications for US policy-makers, who are considering how and when to reopen the economy.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Actually a full lockdown wouldn’t solve the issue of rapidly rising cases at dorms right?

Right. That is why some people do not see the need to adhere to all the restrictions now, like distancing, mask-wearing, etc. Because it has no effect on the number of FWs that become the statistics daily.

However, don't forget that we also have a fair bit of true blue local cases, still 30-40 cases popping up daily. And there are still FWs living in our midst, those working in other sectors, not construction, and not living in dorms. This is something we got to be watchful as well, otherwise, another big problem going to come up after the FW numbers go down.

• Praise 1

BOSTON — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is now “actively looking into” results from universal COVID-19 testing at Pine Street Inn homeless shelter.

The broad-scale testing took place at the shelter in Boston’s South End a week and a half ago because of a small cluster of cases there.

Of the 397 people tested, 146 people tested positive. Not a single one had any symptoms.

https://www.boston25news.com/news/cdc-reviewing-stunning-universal-testing-results-boston-homeless-shelter/Z253TFBO6RG4HCUAARBO4YWO64/

• Shocked 2

Helping to share

I hesitated whole day if I should post this. After a serious thought, I decided to post it . This is never a posting to show off. Its a posting to warn all my friends out there to take Covid 19 seriously. Dont ever think its safe to go out so long as you wear mask and sanitise your hands and stand 1 meter away. We did all these prevention too. My wife is also a patient now in Ktph and me in Sgh. We are not worried about ourselve, its our 4 little kids at home which worried us and they just did swab test and we are waiting for results tomorrow, its really scary and worrying as a parent. Trust me. Heed my advice dear friends and family- STAY AT HOME, DONT STEP OUT OF YOUR HOUSE from now on untill its over.
Dont ask me where I got it, cos we dunno. I hope my posting serve as a warning to all my friends. Me and my family already got it, we hope our dear friends and family dont.

SHARE this post with family who got kids and elderly at home.

ddd.thumb.jpg.a814ec0305d7db6a718099b5befc230d.jpg

ddd2.jpg

• Praise 6
  • Shocked 1

Went SS to buy egg and saw this guy with mask down. 

Told him to mask up and he started swearing profanities eg. F YOU, F your mother blar blar and middle finger raised. 

Challenge me to wait outside the exit and I told him not before the police come. He disappeared.

And yes after waited for 15 mins, did not see any blinkers. 

IMG-20200417-WA0001.jpg

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 8

38 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Told him to mask up and he started swearing profanities eg. F YOU, F your mother blar blar and middle finger raised. 

Challenge me to wait outside the exit and I told him not before the police come. He disappeared.

IMG-20200417-WA0001.jpg

Siao lang hope he tio fine soon

• Praise 3
  • Angry 1

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

At least I see the drop of numbers in ICU. From 31 a few days back to 23 today.

That’s a good thing I suppose?

icu numbers track new cases 10 days later... now is to test the theory young men less need for icu, else icu cases probably will be 10x later. Below data say 3% icu for young people. Not too bad. Just extra 20 icu a day. Double. But with many cases, the number can vary a lot. 

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/coronavirus-young-people-hospitalized-covid-19-chart/

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged

This article is fairly interesting. 

It seems that MOH lumped factory converted dorms with purposely built dorms so the total population is 323k. Close to 1% has already kenna... The population is huge though...

so all the moving people out is just wayang.... to drop even the density by 10% you have to move out 30k... and 10% wont do much to relieve crowding. 

The moving out is probably just to ring fence some healthy ones to continue working.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/about-5000-foreign-workers-to-be-tested-for-covid-19-in-the-next-few-days-even

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

This article is fairly interesting. 

It seems that MOH lumped factory converted dorms with purposely built dorms so the total population is 323k. Close to 1% has already kenna... The population is huge though...

so all the moving people out is just wayang.... to drop even the density by 10% you have to move out 30k... and 10% wont do much to relieve crowding. 

The moving out is probably just to ring fence some healthy ones to continue working.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/about-5000-foreign-workers-to-be-tested-for-covid-19-in-the-next-few-days-even

I tot I read that the priority was to move those healthy essential workers out of the dorms....not every healthy ones. But I guess they will separate the healthy ones and those who are not within the dorm compound.

4 hours ago, Hamburger said:

IMG-20200417-WA0001.jpg

Why are people like this. So defensive and aggressive for what? He was in the wrong so just put on the mask lah. Some people really think only they had a hard time...and that the whole world owe them something.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6