COVID-19 III: SG Circuit Breaker EXTENDED TO 1ST JUNE: 1,037 New Cases - (23 Apr)

Windwaver

Message added by kobayashiGT

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/moh-concern-unlinked-cases-tests-patients-gp-polyclinic-covid-19-12654730

SINGAPORE: The health ministry on Friday (Apr 17) flagged concern over unlinked cases of COVID-19 in Singapore, saying that tests on a sample of individuals at primary care facilities have picked up several positive diagnoses, which indicate "undetected cases in the community".

a lot more undetected cases. so how?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

When PAP said she’s a Malay, she is! 

Got me thinking, if they say she's a man, she is too! 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 6

Just now, Volvobrick said:

Got me thinking, if they says she's a man, she is too! 

We are sibei progressive. First Transgender Transrace Transvotewalkover president. 😂

• Haha! 3

27 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I would buy you coffee when this is over if you'd just tell Jinx to bite you and screenshot here. 😂

May I add a slice of cake of his choice if the pic is shown to further “ motivate “ the showing of the proof? 😁

• Haha! 5

I wonder whether the india appreciate tibetan medicine? 

Now we know how virus got into human system and how body fight it. But how does the body excrete the virus we dont know. Assume its the stool judging from the transmission by that in the news. Maybe one can give the patients lung and diet related tcm or some aspect of tibetan medicine? 

The dorm residence is a homogeneous sample pool and good to test tcm scientifically. 

Just now, RH1667 said:

May I add a slice of cake of his choice if the pic is shown to further “ motivate “ the showing of the proof? 😁

Yes, definitely! If he can outjinx jinx we'll carry him on our shoulders. 😂

(Errrr... you do. I got bad back. 😂

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, golden_eagle said:

I wonder whether the india appreciate tibetan medicine? 

Now we know how virus got into human system and how body fight it. But how does the body excrete the virus we dont know. Assume its the stool judging from the transmission by that in the news. Maybe one can give the patients lung and diet related tcm or some aspect of tibetan medicine? 

The dorm residence is a homogeneous sample pool and good to test tcm scientifically. 

You realise that India has its own rich tradition of Ayurveda right? That's Indian traditional medicine. Many similarities with tcm except vegetarian.

Most of us have lost our roots in the diaspora. Westernisation is a very mixed blessing at best. And that includes sg people of all races. We've lost a lot of our ancestral traditions. 

Just now, Turboflat4 said:

You realise that India has its own rich tradition of Ayurveda right? That's Indian traditional medicine. Many similarities with tcm except vegetarian.

Most of us have lost our roots in the diaspora. Westernisation is a very mixed blessing at best. And that includes sg people of all races. We've lost a lot of our ancestral traditions. 

From what i know lung related tcm medications are all plants. Plus a lot of plants and beans can give a lot of protein and help the body clean up the mess in the tummy.

Ether under the name of tcm or Ayurveda. 

• Praise 2

Part of LW facebook post:

Covid-19 will be with us for many more months, and likely beyond the end of the year. We have to be prepared for future waves of infection and we have to steel ourselves for a long fight. As we all do our part to stay home, let’s also remember our frontline personnel working round the clock, as well as our foreign workers who are fighting the virus alongside Singaporeans. We will overcome this together.

• Praise 4

18 minutes ago, minion said:

Actually all along, and this is not just hindsight because people have been commenting on this, the suspicion is that there are a lot of undetected cases out there.  ESP when you read how some people needed to go to the clinic 3-4 times before getting tested positive. 

and now with what we know about asymptotic spreading, what would this surprise MOH?

To me, what is more surprising is that we didn’t have a huge community outbreak earlier.   Is it a matter of where we are on the curve?  That’s worrisome looking at Italy and NY.

15 hours ago, Jamesc said:

People that get it and say we don't know where got it.

Another one of this man made theory

https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/french-prof-sparks-furor-with-lab-leak-theory/

French prof sparks furor with lab leak claim

Professor Luc Montagnier, co-discoverer of the AIDS virus, says the new coronavirus is the result of a lab accident

By DAVE MAKICHUKAPRIL 18, 2020

A theory put forward by French professor Luc Montagnier — award-winning co-discoverer of the AIDS virus but also mocked by some colleagues for some outrageous theories — has sparked a scientific firestorm.

Montagnier says the presence of elements of HIV in the genome of the new virus and even elements of the “germ of malaria” are highly suspect, the report said. Interviewed on the French CNews channel, he said the characteristics of the new coronavirus could not have arisen naturally.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, golden_eagle said:

From what i know lung related tcm medications are all plants. Plus a lot of plants and beans can give a lot of protein and help the body clean up the mess in the tummy.

Ether under the name of tcm or Ayurveda. 

Traditional meds is useful for "maintenance" and easing long term chronic condition like auto-immune illness. Need time to see effect. But if you're straightfwd ill, then go to western med is faster [laugh]

Like ginseng and tongkat ali vs "smurf sweet"!

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

Good observation. They try to cut cost but this is a wrong place to cut. I do believe mass public transport is a very good conduit for virus to spread. Hope they reconsider...

Agsin back to the penny wise pound foolish mode of thinking. Worried about operating cost again at times like this.

Their only mitigation is to ask commuters to wear masks.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 5

1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

Trump's camp and many other people in this country like to compare deaths arising from Covid to seasonal flu, cancer, heart attack and other accidents. I always find such rhetoric politically angled. Now here is a graph to help people understand they are not the same. This is a US centric graph.

Screenshot_20200418-095148_YouTube.thumb.jpg.8876c1123228ca4795cd8f3476649bbc.jpg

And the official deaths in NYC are being under reported.

Same as what is being seen in Jakarta. 

If you look at the death rates in both cities this week, you will see that it is much higher than at this time last year.

So we can expect the death rate due to COVID-19 (directly or indirectly) to be higher. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/nyregion/new-york-coronavirus-death-count.amp.html

• Praise 2

SINGAPORE: The health ministry on Friday (Apr 17) flagged concern over unlinked cases of COVID-19 in Singapore, saying that tests on a sample of individuals at primary care facilities have picked up several positive diagnoses, which indicate "undetected cases in the community".

Primary care facilities in Singapore include polyclinics and general practitioner clinics.

MOH also said that an ongoing surveillance programme on a small sample of patients at primary care facilities has revealed several positive cases.

"We have picked up some cases through these tests, which is an indication of undetected cases in the community," it said. No further information was provided by MOH.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/moh-concern-unlinked-cases-tests-patients-gp-polyclinic-covid-19-12654730

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

I saw some comment on public transport cutting down the frequency of the trips. Now buses and mrt starting to get jam.

Really hope this is not happening🤢

Unfortunately it's true. There were already photos circulating online that trains were packed during peak hours once again, after frequencies were reduced. 

I think the narrative now is that with mandatory masks wearing, they are more willing to make the compromise on social distancing. 

Having said that, how much can the SMRT save on operations costs by reducing frequencies within this CB period? We have MOM & LTA going around to enforce foreign workers sit 1m apart on lorries now, but on the SMRT trains, we're packing the commuters. 

Their logic is as eccentric and bewildering as Ho Ching's Facebook rants, so to speak. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7