What a Watch - It Even Come With A Functioning 16-Cylinder Engine!

Carbon82

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

exactly.

people always say if you spent $XXX on this shit, might as well buy ...

the answer is someone with money too much vs someone money not enough in order to choose what to buy

amdk always show off  "welcome to my crib" ... may be got a underwater aquarium too ...

Yah they have trouble in spending their money, when u earn millions, u will be confused how to spend lavishly lol

↡ Advertisement

On 4/11/2020 at 9:50 AM, Carbon82 said:

I knew all these questions about COE, OMV, ARF, FC are going to pop up... but surprise no one mention VES yet. :D:D:D

BTW, this watch cost a whopping US$280K (~S$405K), and for sure is NOT the cup of tea for many. I appreciate this master piece from engineering point of view, rather than art and design.

But it is NOT the most expensive Bugatti watch yet. This Twin Turbo Furious Bugatti Watch is currently the record holder at US$527K (~S$764K)...

TT200.40.AB_.AB_.A.png

It's like Richard Mille and MB&F had an illegitimate baby, which they both disowned and left at the steps of the Bugatti church in the middle of the night. 😂😂😂

• Haha! 1

The whole point of buying undesirable watches, is to get the desirable ones.

I was at a Hautlence event, saw a family came in outlandish dressing (father in cowboy attire), and understood from my AD they bought 5 Hautlence watches at one go. I will keep my comment of these Hautlence watches to myself... the cowboy father wore a RM 11-03, wife a RM 07 (I think), the 2 sons are wearing a platinum 5711 and a WG 5976.

Just before the lockdown, a wealthy individual bundle a celestial to get a 5740.  

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1

The celestial is so chio!

not able to afford thou.... 

also don’t think there are many occasions for me to wear it also... 

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 8:31 AM, Carbon82 said:

:D :D :D

You Could Spend $280,000 On A Stupid Watch With A Fake 16-Cylinder Engine Or Save $70,000 And Buy This Car With A Real One

i8ue5x5bn95flpl25esx.png

I know there’s a lot of overlap between car people and watch people. I get why; watches are full of the complicated mechanical cams and meshing gears and all sorts of metal bits doing things to other metal bits that get us all so weirdly aroused. I do get it. So, you’d think that a watch with a little model W16 engine in it would be just fantastic, and, while it is very impressive technically, once I learned the price of this watch—$280,000 motherf**king dollars—I can’t help but see it as idiocy. Especially when you could buy a real 16-cylinder engine—with a car wrapped around it—for less.

The watch is the Jacob & Co. Bugatti Chiron Tourbillion and, sure, it’s a mechanical marvel made from 578 parts, at least 16 of which are actual little tiny pistons connected to a crankshaft and set into an “engine” block made of sapphire.

tpd3b78po1s9ceof8b5w.png

The little model W16 engine can run for all of 30 seconds from the energy your fingers wind into its spring, activated by a little pushbutton on the rightmost of the three stems at the bottom of this big dumb thing.

It’s not like I have anything against useless machines—I actively love useless machines, even Swiss useless machines. But the thing is, this is not really a useless machine, this watch. It’s not a machine designed to tell time, either, at least not primarily.

This is a showy machine you can wear on your wrist that produces the knowledge that you somehow spent $280,000 on a f**king watch.

The output of this machine is just that: you spent house-buying money on a watch, and it’s sure as hell hard not to see that as a deeply, almost immorally stupid act. Sure, it’s your money, you can do what you want with it, but, conversely, come the f**k on.

Look, if you really, really love W16 engines and knowing what time it is, you can save well over $250,000 by just buying, oh, any other watch in the world that’s less than the price of a Nissan Versa and also this stupidly overpriced $9,300 Bugatti W16 engine model.

bxsbxe4wmvaizibx6ozp.png

If you did that, you could buy 20 Apple watches or whatever and that super-accurate model of the engine, so you could set an alarm so you’ll never forget to watch your W16 engine model run and have a wank to it.

Or, even better, you can get a real 16-cylinder engine, with a whole entire car to carry it around, for $70,000 less than that stupid watch: this all-original 1931 Cadillac V16 with less than 10,000 miles on it could be yours for $209,500.

jrvbbefuw1znaprmzm5t.png

That’s a whole very well-equipped Tesla Model Y cheaper than the Bugatti watch, and it’s way the hell faster and runs for a lot longer than 30 seconds and has the very crucial advantage of not making you look like a colossal dipshit when you’re anywhere near it.

I think the best you can really honestly hope for with that Bugatti watch is to show it to someone and they respond, hey, look at that, that’s pretty cool, a response I can all but guarantee you can get out of a watch and save $279,860 by showing someone this mint 1980s Nelsonic watch that plays Q*Bert.

Actually, I bet most people would find the Q*Bert watch a bit cooler, or at least more fun.

Hi if I am not wrong, if you buy this watch, they will give you a free 3D google mask for you to "travel" inside the watch to appreciate the mechanism . I think its so cool.

↡ Advertisement