COVID-19 : Male clothes donation for dorm patients

Tohto

Received this WhatsApp message.

My friend working in the hospital is asking for help on the following. Kindly help while you can. Thanks. 

“Dear friends. 
Message from our NCID colleagues are asking for male clothes donation for decanted dorm patients.

Our dorm patients are increasing and although NCID provide them hospital baju, once they are decanted to Expo or chalet they have no other clothes other than the piece they were wearing upon admission. Due to the quarrantine, no one can collect their clothes and pass to them. Hence it would be very helpful if you can donate *male clothes of any size* so that they could at least have one extra piece for washing and changing. T shirts / Shorts / Pants. Please PM Ben 81865196 if you are keen to donate, looking for clothes in good condition. Ideally new clothing but not wanted or used but in good condition. This is because, there’s no time to filter through the clothing.”

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

My friend working in the hospital is asking for help on the following. Kindly help while you can. Thanks. 

“Dear friends. 
Message from our NCID colleagues are asking for male clothes donation for decanted dorm patients.

Our dorm patients are increasing and although NCID provide them hospital baju, once they are decanted to Expo or chalet they have no other clothes other than the piece they were wearing upon admission. Due to the quarrantine, no one can collect their clothes and pass to them. Hence it would be very helpful if you can donate *male clothes of any size* so that they could at least have one extra piece for washing and changing. T shirts / Shorts / Pants. Please PM Ben 81865196 if you are keen to donate, looking for clothes in good condition. Ideally new clothing but not wanted or used but in good condition. This is because, there’s no time to filter through the clothing.”

This post is by @Tohto at the main thread, and I think sld start a thread for this. 

I called up NCID (TTSH) hotline, and cfm this is legit, but it is suppose to be for internal circulation only.  However, I think if possible we sld all help.

In view of CCB, I dont think we can meet up or form a collection point, so I am offering to help collect from anyone who wish to donate any male  clothes in good conditions and send to them. Those who wish to donate can PM me to arrange for collection.

Anyone else wish to help do collection, pls come forward.

Detail I think can work out later..^_^[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 19

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

“Dear friends. 

I started a new thread on this..[thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3

(edited)
40 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

This post is by @Tohto at the main thread, and I think sld start a thread for this. 

I called up NCID (TTSH) hotline, and cfm this is legit, but it is suppose to be for internal circulation only.  However, I think if possible we sld all help.

In view of CCB, I dont think we can meet up or form a collection point, so I am offering to help collect from anyone who wish to donate any male  clothes in good conditions and send to them. Those who wish to donate can PM me to arrange for collection.

Anyone else wish to help do collection, pls come forward.

Detail I think can work out later..^_^[laugh][laugh]

I would want to help out but too bad disposed most of my older clothes  2.5yrs ago when I moved house.

That's why put on MCF maybe some bros here able to help.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 5

Just now, Tohto said:

I would want to help out but too bad disposed most of my older clothes  2.5yrs ago. 

That's why put on MCF maybe some bros here able to help.

I manage to dig out some, and those I gave to my last maid but she could not bring back this trip. So these clothes will end up as donation liao.

My son also manage to clear out some older clothes. 

Now waiting for Ben to reply how to pass to him, if not I will call up NCID on Monday and see where to send them to. ^_^[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 5

37 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I manage to dig out some, and those I gave to my last maid but she could not bring back this trip. So these clothes will end up as donation liao.

My son also manage to clear out some older clothes. 

Now waiting for Ben to reply how to pass to him, if not I will call up NCID on Monday and see where to send them to. ^_^[laugh][laugh]

I heard he got enough already so not taking in anymore for now. But u wait for his confirmation as things may have changed. Good on you to spread the word on this 👍

• Praise 11

4 minutes ago, Spring said:

I heard he got enough already so not taking in anymore for now. But u wait for his confirmation as things may have changed. Good on you to spread the word on this 👍

Oh, okok thanks bro!!! [thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, Spring said:

14 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Oh, okok thanks bro!!! [thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

Yes I'm also in the loop on this, he has enough for now but will update again if there's a need. Meanwhile, I'm preparing some stuff for when the need arises 

Edited by SiLangKia
  • Praise 7

I'm starting to enjoy spending my time, learning to contribute and volunteer using this MCF forum as a channel. Let's make good use of this channel to do good work, contribute ideas, coordinate efforts, and to voice out any "blind spot" that others may not have thought off, or give much thought about for the above thread topic.

Back to the above question: How about those foreign worker? During their move, do they have enough clothes or not? I see what I can donate too.

• Praise 5

What is the difference between donated clothes delivered to them or get their family members to send over or courier their own comfortable clothes?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, UncleAtas said:

What is the difference between donated clothes delivered to them or get their family members to send over or courier their own comfortable clothes?

You need to re-read. These are dormitory FW. They do not have family members.[:|]

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, UncleAtas said:

India is in lockdown too.

Bangladesh i dunno.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

You need to re-read. These are dormitory FW. They do not have family members.[:|]

Thanks for the clarification.

You live close to NCID right? Road there busy with ambulance blaring?

1 hour ago, UncleAtas said:

The different is donated clothes can reach them in a few days, getting their family members from India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka to send over you think is possible? 

courier their own comfortable clothes? If they can afford to do that, they wont be here in the first place... -_- 

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Dinosaur33 said:

I'm starting to enjoy spending my time, learning to contribute and volunteer using this MCF forum as a channel. Let's make good use of this channel to do good work, contribute ideas, coordinate efforts, and to voice out any "blind spot" that others may not have thought off, or give much thought about for the above thread topic.

Back to the above question: How about those foreign worker? During their move, do they have enough clothes or not? I see what I can donate too.

I think they only have what is on them, and that is likely the main reason for the call for donation. 

I will just standby the clothes, in case they need some more, can just send over whatever we have. [thumbsup]

With so many FW, I guess every pc counts..^_^[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

12 minutes ago, UncleAtas said:

Thanks for the clarification.

You live close to NCID right? Road there busy with ambulance blaring?

Yes, NCID and TTSH just behind my house.

Talk about these ambulances, I angry. Traffic is so much less already especially at 11pm to midnight. Guess what they doing.................blaring all the way to the hospital. No consideration to the residents wana sleep here.

Dont want to show my outdoor video only. Whole road empty and the ambulance still going beep bong beep bong at 11.30pm last night.

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1