COVID-19: USA, Italy & the rest of Europe

BabyBlade

Message added by kobayashiGT

Stats worldwide - worldometers.info

Antibody Test Estimates 1.7 Million NYC Residents Have Had Coronavirus

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/antibody-test-1-7-million-nyc-adults-have-had-coronavirus.html

At his daily coronavirus press conference on Thursday, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced the early results from statewide antibody tests that New York recently conducted. The results, if anywhere close to accurate, point to a massive official undercount of coronavirus cases. According to the tests, roughly 13.9 percent of New Yorkers have the antibodies for COVID-19, with the number going all the way up to 21.2 percent for New York City residents.

The tests were conducted on 3,000 people at 40 locations in 19 counties across the state, Cuomo said. They were performed at grocery stores and big-box stores, meaning those tested were not people who have hunkered down at home — which could skew results one way or another.

If the 13.9 percent statewide infection rate is accurate, Cuomo said, about 2.7 million New Yorkers have been infected. With roughly 15,500 deaths in the state, that would make the death rate approximately 0.5 percent. But Cuomo cautioned that there are caveats; for one thing, the number of confirmed deaths to this point will rise, since it does not yet include those who died at home.

The results of the antibody test square with remarks Thursday from New York City Health Commissioner Dr. Oxiris Barbot. “It wouldn’t surprise me if, at this point in time, we have probably close to 1 million New Yorkers who have been exposed to COVID-19,” she said.

In fact, the 21.2 percent who tested positive for antibodies in the five boroughs translates to roughly 1.7 million New York City residents having contracted the virus. Currently, New York City has just over 138,000 confirmed positive cases.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Pompeo says US may never restore funding to WHO

WASHINGTON: US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said a fundamental reform of the World Health Organization was needed following its handling of the coronavirus pandemic and that the United States, the WHO's biggest donor, may never restore funding to the UN body.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/covid-19-coronavirus-pompeo-restore-funding-who-12671828

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Weez911 said:

He is "talking" to the rest of the 49 governors indirectly using this platform. Very smart of him.

and at the same time saying ah trump kor "not smart" and "not prudence" [laugh] 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Civic2000 said:

In fact, the 21.2 percent who tested positive for antibodies in the five boroughs translates to roughly 1.7 million New York City residents having contracted the virus. Currently, New York City has just over 138,000 confirmed positive cases.

If they are able to ramp up testing for antibodies, those approximate 20% can go back to work since they have immunity now. However, how long their immunity can last, I read several conflicting results. Some say only for a few months but some say longer. 

3 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Cuomo having a tough job tackling stupid politician. 🤣

This guy is really good, so much more interesting than Biden. Why is he not running for POTUS? 

Internal Moderator
12 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

This guy is really good, so much more interesting than Biden. Why is he not running for POTUS? 

Yah. way better than him.

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Cuomo having a tough job tackling stupid politician. 🤣

Pretty sure McDonnell was made to say what he said...by the you know who...

265118E8-F19B-46EF-9A20-87B91310C2B4.jpeg

• Haha! 1

37 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

He ownself say don't want and not interested. 

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator

Tokyo care home for babies reports 8 coronavirus cases

source: https://japantoday.com/category/national/tokyo-'orphanage'-for-babies-reports-8-coronavirus-cases-media

TOKYO

A Japanese care home for infants said on Wednesday it has found eight cases of coronavirus infection among its children.

One staff member tested positive for the virus on April 16, and tests were subsequently conducted on its 29 children, a spokeswoman at Saiseikai Central Hospital, which runs the institution, said.

None of the eight children were showing major symptoms such as fever, but they had been hospitalised, she said.

Children who cannot live at home for reasons such as abuse, neglect or their parents' divorce are usually cared for at residential-care facilities in Japan.

The institution said seven of its 47 staff, including the person who already tested positive, had been asked to stay at home because of fevers or respiratory troubles.

Japan has had more than 11,500 coronavirus infections and nearly 300 deaths.

This is sad. 😞

Internal Moderator

I tot this guy was bad. Advising ppl to drink warm water to kill the virus.

Until I saw this.

DT is advising ppl to drink bleach. If any DT supporter is reading this, please do not drink bleach.

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I tot this guy was bad. Advising ppl to drink warm water to kill the virus.

actually i saw some news from china that drinking salt water helps, esp in the early stage, when the virus at your throat and u not 100% kenna yet.

dun know how much truth to it

Edited by Beregond

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, Beregond said:

actually i saw some news from china that drinking salt water helps, esp in the early stage, when the virus at your throat and u not 100% kenna yet.

dun know how much truth to it

I dun think it will work. The virus is some small. I don't think salt water helps.

• Shocked 1

shouting U-S-A will solve world problem and pandemic ... 

it’s true ... 100% chopped and stamped

no need simi sai medical or scientific facts 😆

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

God bless the USA. 

In a country with 300 million people, there will always be loony fringe groups but Trump has showed them it is perfectly ok and actually presidential to display stupidity openly. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6