Covid-19: POSB app crashes briefly on Apr. 14 as govt credits S$600 payout to S'poreans

Internal Moderator

Covid-19: POSB app crashes briefly on Apr. 14 as govt credits S$600 payout to S'poreans

source: https://mothership.sg/2020/04/solidarity-payment-posb-app-crash/

600-payout-app-crash.jpg

Singaporeans will be receiving a S$600 payout credited directly in their bank accounts on Apr. 14.

And it seems like Singaporeans are anticipating this cash payout.

Just after 12am on Apr. 14,  POSB users encountered this error message when they tried to log into their POSB digibank app.

photo_2020-04-14-00.07.19.jpeg

What is the S$600 Solidarity Payment?

Announced by finance minister Heng Swee Keat on Apr. 6 as part of the Solidarity Budget, the Solidarity Payment consists of:

• S$300 brought forward from an earlier-announced Care and Support Cash payout
  • And additional S$300

The Solidarity Budget, said Heng, aims to save jobs and protect the livelihoods of Singaporeans during this period of heightened Covid-19 measures.

This S$600 Solidarity Payment, said Heng, would be credited into Singaporeans' bank accounts by Apr. 14.

Those who did not provide their bank accounts to the government will receive a cheque, which will be issued in stages from Apr. 30.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-14-at-12.27.10-AM.pn

The remaining portion of the Care and Support cash payout will be brought forward to June 2020. This includes:

1. The remaining S$300 or S$600 from the higher tiers of the Care and Support cash payout
  2. The additional S$300 payout for each parent with at least one child aged 20 and below
  3. The S$100 PAssion Card top-up, which will be given in cash, for Singaporeans aged 50 and above.

And if you're wondering how the three budgets — the Unity Budget announced on Feb. 18, the Resilience Budget announced on Mar. 26, and the Solidarity Budget announced on Apr. — will sustain vulnerable Singaporeans through the months ahead, here's a nifty infographic:

92150214_2921957607842745_22665025991359

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

GST voucher payment never had such issue, because they made payment by batches, some actually got the money a day or 2 eariler.

This one they MUST pay everyone on 14 April, dont know what is the logic...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Internal Moderator
11 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

GST voucher payment never had such issue, because they made payment by batches, some actually got the money a day or 2 eariler.

This one they MUST pay everyone on 14 April, dont know what is the logic...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

I think govt predict that most of us will have some sort of pay cut or pay shrinkage. So to baffle the indifferences they make the payout during mid-month.

I think only. I am not a scholar. Never study much also. hahaha.

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think govt predict that most of us will have some sort of pay cut or pay shrinkage. So to baffle the indifferences they make the payout during mid-month.

I think only. I am not a scholar. Never study much also. hahaha.

When pay make no different to me, They can pay mid month, end month, whatever they logic.

What i meant was, if GST voucher can pay in batches (in a range of 2-3 days), why cant they spread out this payment also. As in instead of "receive on 14 April",  change it to "receive by 14 April", and then some may receive on say 12-13 April, spread out the load on the banks also. 

Ok granted 12 April is Sun, still better than all payment on the same day lor...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

21 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Whenever they deduct money, also no issue.....

2 minutes ago, Strat said:

Whenever they deduct money, also no issue.....

deduct payment nobody go check lor...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

received U Save on the bill liao, enough to cover 2 months of utilities :D

you just received your bill? How it work ah? 

My bill only coming on 22 every month, or can login to PUB acct check? :huh:[laugh][laugh]

7 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

you just received your bill? How it work ah? 

My bill only coming on 22 every month, or can login to PUB acct check? :huh:[laugh][laugh]

i saw it on my bill :D

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
16 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Just checked . No $600

Why?

Your POSB is (Panama)office sedap bank issit? 🤣

• Haha! 1

40 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

i saw it on my bill :D

I just login to my SP service acct, it shows zero dollar bill for April 2020. Try again after 22 April.. [:p][laugh][laugh]

22 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Just checked . No $600

Why?

same acct you receive your GST voucher cash ? Mayb not POSB?? :huh:[laugh][laugh]

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, Jman888 said:

received U Save on the bill liao, enough to cover 2 months of utilities :D

i think only can cover 1 month lah

wfh no need to use more electricity and water meh?

😅

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, Enye said:

i think only can cover 1 month lah

wfh no need to use more electricity and water meh?

😅

that will come in next month bill, maybe still can help cover 70%.

↡ Advertisement