Covid19: no vacations, dig up old travel photos..

Wind30

Turbocharged

Alex fell sick on the way to Portugal. I still remember my wife and to cut short a day tour and head back to hotel with him because he puked on the way there. The following two shots were done with me and Ann when we went out early to look for breakfast. Loved Porto during sunrise. So beautiful.

Sunrise,

2015, Porto, Portugal

covid113.jpg

covid114.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

This picture reminds me of one of the very first presents Alex chose for himself. A Green toy bus. Loved the smug and happy look on his face.

Little Green Bus

2015, Porto, Portugal

covid115.jpg

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
14 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

This picture reminds me of one of the very first presents Alex chose for himself. A Green toy bus. Loved the smug and happy look on his face.

Little Green Bus

2015, Porto, Portugal

covid115.jpg

He miss Singapore issit. hahah. Singapore Bus also green one. hahahahha.

Turbocharged
On 7/7/2020 at 10:42 AM, kobayashiGT said:

He miss Singapore issit. hahah. Singapore Bus also green one. hahahahha.

he like trucks and buses that age.

The following two pics are taken at the Montserrat Monastery. We stayed over there for one night at new years eve. I think the following two shots are taken at new years day 2016.

Monastery 

2016, Montserrat, Spain

covid116.jpg

covid117.jpg

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

he like trucks and buses that age.

The following two pics are taken at the Montserrat Monastery. We stayed over there for one night at new years eve. I think the following two shots are taken at new years day 2016.

Monastery 

2016, Montserrat, Spain

covid116.jpg

covid117.jpg

Majesty!

Thanks Wind30 for all the photos shared.

It bring me to many countries with a couple of clicks.

Children are most adorable in their 1st 5 to 6 years.

Hope u enjoy every moments of it before it's over.

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Colin03 said:

Thanks Wind30 for all the photos shared.

It bring me to many countries with a couple of clicks.

Children are most adorable in their 1st 5 to 6 years.

Hope u enjoy every moments of it before it's over.

I feel exactly the same.. 5 years old is Super cute and innocent.

thanks for viewing

Turbocharged

This is the final pic of our 2015 Spain trip. The sunset is the most amazing I have seen. The cloud was just like a dragon... I shot using an ultra wide but in real like it was huge. 

Dragon

2016, Barcelona, Spain

covid118.jpg

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

Today is my son Alex's birthday so I am going to post 5 pics from our 2016 trip to Norway. He is 6 today and less than 2 years old on this trip. We started out at lofoten Island in the north and work our way down. After like 10 days, my kids don't want to see another mountain anymore... they miss city life so much.

2016, Lofoten Island, Norway

covid119.jpg

covid120.jpg

covid121.jpg

covid122.jpg

covid123.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged

This pic is from a short vacation to Japan in November 2016 after ASSCC conference. My wife had just broken her foot so she is on a air cast boot.

Walking

2016, Fujigoko, Japancovid124.jpg

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

We drove past this patch of lalang somewhere along Fujigoko area. The light was stunning and we just had to take a photo. It was pretty crowded a the official touring route so we just chose a stretch of the road that is without people to shoot. Loved my son's expression and, of course, the aircast boot on my wife...

Reminds me of my family pillar of strength.

He Ain't Heavy...

2016, Fujigoko, Japan

covid125.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Time flies.

Is 6 years old on your son today.

Congrats on your guidance given to them  (Son n Daughter)

My children already 20 plus this year, looking at your photos remind me of my children 20 plus years ago. They are no longer close to me anymore as years past........

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Colin03 said:

Time flies.

Is 6 years old on your son today.

Congrats on your guidance given to them  (Son n Daughter)

My children already 20 plus this year, looking at your photos remind me of my children 20 plus years ago. They are no longer close to me anymore as years past........

ya, my boy just turned 6. Even my 12 year old daughter seems more distant now... growing up having her own friends in school. 

Turbocharged

The next 7 pictures are from a Trip to Europe in 2016 winter where we started from Munich and moved south to Croatia to visit Dubrovnik (game of thrones). 

The first stop I think was Innsbruck where I spent a couple of nights but NEVER saw the mountains... it was like below all the time... 

2016, Innsbruck, Austria

covid126.jpg

covid127.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

We drove around at Sunset to look to a place to shoot. Dubrovnik is very quiet in Winter and the resort we stayed was almost empty. Nice time to visit if you are looking to avoid crowds.

2016, Dubrovnik, Croatia

covid128.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

This shot was taken at a view point outside of Dubrovnik using my nikon 35mm f1.4 lens. I really love 35mm lens and I have used quite a few through the years... 

2016, Dubrovnik, Croatia

covid129.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

These two pictures are taken in the Postojnska caves in Slovenia. It is really a very nice cave complex to go as it is pretty tourist friendly. Some caves although open to public tries to maintain the "natural" conditions as much as possible so it usually means lots of climbing with bad footing. This complex as you can see below has PAVED walkways, big steps, and a freaking TRAIN to bring you around. The train ride is very long... so the place is huge, I wonder what happens if the train breakdown.... great if you have small kids. 

2016, Postojnska Cave, Slovenia

covid130.jpg

covid131.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2