Covid19: no vacations, dig up old travel photos..

Wind30

Turbocharged

The final pic is a town in Italy which most Tourist will NEVER go and I have never heard of it. We went just because it was a good place to spend the night on the way back from Croatia. Took this pic of their town square in the evening. 

2016, Trieste, Italy

covid132.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Internal Moderator
52 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

The final pic is a town in Italy which most Tourist will NEVER go and I have never heard of it. We went just because it was a good place to spend the night on the way back from Croatia. Took this pic of their town square in the evening. 

2016, Trieste, Italy

covid132.jpg

Still got photos arh? Hhaha.

Turbocharged
26 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Still got photos arh? Hhaha.

2016 only... I think 2020 is the first year that no vacation photos...

Turbocharged

Next trip is USA in June 2017. We avoided USA for vacation for many years as I dislike the long flights to USA and the loooong immigration queues every time I faced at SFO airport. We thought it is good to bring the kids there once and my wife love the shopping so here we were, touring California on the summer of 2017. 

2017, Lake Tahoe, USA

covid133.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

When our day tour to Grand Canyon was canceled on the day itself, we drove all the way ourselves from Las Vegas... Took some pics and back 🙂

2017, Grand Canyon, USA

covid134.jpg

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

We have to visit the theme parks in California for the kids. I think they had a great  time but I don't really remember much about them. It super crowded though and taking pics in always tough when it is crowded.

2017, Disneyland, USA

covid135.jpg

2017, Universal Studio, USA

covid136.jpg

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

The following pic is shot in Downtown Los Angeles. We thought Downtown is like CBD Singapore, nice and clean... but it is not really. I remember it was pretty seedy. But they have nice Graffiti.

2017, LA, USA

covid137.jpg

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Last two pics for my 2017 USA trip. First time touring San Francisco as a tourist although I have visited the city many times for work over that past 20 years..

2017, Yosemite, USA

covid138.jpg

2017, San Francisco, USA

covid139.jpg

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Next vacation is in December 2017 to Eastern Europe. We flew into Munich, went down to Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, Prague. First stop in Vienna. We love trying out cakes and pastries in Europe. The angmo food is a hit and miss but the cakes are almost always very good.

2017, Vienna, Austria

covid140.jpg

covid141.jpg

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Budapest is quite a nice city to visit. This was our first visit and we were a bit apprehensive going there free and easy. But it turned out pretty good, stuff there were cheap, it is easy to move around using public transport, everything turned out pretty nice.

2017, Budapest, Hungary

covid142.jpg

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

This pic is taken at the famous fisherman bastion in Budapest at sunrise. 

2017, Budapest, Hungary

covid144.jpg

Turbocharged

This shot was taken after the circus show in Budapest. We left halfway in the intermission because one of the kid in front of us is sick. Did not want to catch any bugs halfway through the vacation. The circus was fun. We like going to circus in Europe, like the one in Moscow. They had like real lions in the reception area and you can like stand beside it to take a photo....  

2017, Budapest, Hungary

covid145.jpg

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Budapest Station early morning to catch a morning train... Had some time so we took a few shots while the kids waited behind me. I realised a lot of my favourite shots are not done in tourist attractions but during our "travels" from point to point.

2017, Budapest, Hungary

covid146.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Slovakia is not really in the travel plans of many people, and Kosice is just a small town in Slovakia. I still enjoyed by stay there. I actually think such places are more enjoyable than lets say Prague where is it expensive and crowded with tourists. I am surprised I managed to convince my daughter to go out early morning in the second pic. She will never do that now.

2017, Kosice, Slovakia

covid147.jpg

covid148.jpg

Turbocharged
(edited)

This was our second visit to krakow after the first visit there in June 2015. This time round was in December with the Christmas lights. Over 90% Poland population is Roman Catholics so you can really feel the Christmas atmosphere. We had trouble hiring a driver to drive us from Kosice in Slovakia to Krakow on christmas Eve... There is just no good rail connection for that route so we went by private car hire. 

2nd pic is Alex at Krakow 2.5 years ago. They really do grow up quick...

2017, Krakow, Poland

covid149.jpg

2015, Krakow, Poland

covid092.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 2