Covid19: no vacations, dig up old travel photos..

Wind30

Turbocharged

Travel lockdown, time to dig up old travel photos... I curated like 200 photos... going to post like 3-4 a day. hopefully when I reach the end, the lockdown is over...

Starting from many many years ago, without the kids....

Some of these are posted previously last year but many are probably unposted.

Added a drop shadow frame. 

China, Beijing. Newly weds

covid001.jpg

Korea, Yongpyong. Portrait with tele lens

covid002.jpg

Japan, Kyoto. Overblown skies...

covid003.jpg

Australia, Great Ocean Road. No kids only Wife

covid004.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10

Turbocharged
7 minutes ago, Davidklt said:

Which year is this ? 

I don’t know exactly but between 2005 to 2008, after marriage before kid. 

Turbocharged
(edited)

I love remembering how things have changed over the years, both the places I have been and the people I go with. I included a pic of myself 12 years ago... I almost have zero pics of myself so I am making a point to add in a few, taken by my wife (not an avid photographer)

Old China

2007, China, Suzhou

covid005.jpg

Me

2008, Japan, Nara

covid006.jpg

Wife

2008, Japan, Unknown castle

covid007.jpg

Spring Lake

2008, Japan, Tohoku

covid008.jpg

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

COVID-19 or not, in this age of connectivity where expectation for just about everything work-related is immediate and now-now-now for many professions, lucky are those who can truly take a vacation, totally away from work. Anyway, I enjoy the photos, very nicely taken.

Turbocharged
(edited)
18 hours ago, Celicar said:

COVID-19 or not, in this age of connectivity where expectation for just about everything work-related is immediate and now-now-now for many professions, lucky are those who can truly take a vacation, totally away from work. Anyway, I enjoy the photos, very nicely taken.

I have memories of doing conference calls or design reviews in hotel toilet. A vacation can be fun even if you spend a bit of time at work. Due to the time difference, it is usually when you are at the hotel anyway. it is only a bit of time here and there for the urgent stuff

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged

These three pics are nothing nice photographically but I still kept them mainly for memories personal to me. The first two are my in-laws... After getting married, I visit my in laws far more than my parents partly because we live 5 mins walk away. My elder kid 12 years ago. 

The last pic is kept mainly because it is our FIRST VACATION together with kids.... It was to Japan after the perth trip 6 months earlier with inlaws. First of many many over the years. We brought a stroller as she was getting heavier... which is dumped it at our first hotel after the first day and picked it up on the last day. My kids cannot sit stroller which we learnt. 

Anstasia 6 months old

2009, Australia, Perth

covid009.jpg

Playing with Grandpa

2009, Australia, Perth

covid010.jpg

Ann 1 year old

2009, Singapore, Changi

covid011.jpg

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

Our next few trips were all to Asia because we are worried about jet lag for the baby. And it happens mostly to Japan because it is easier to move around and we are pretty familiar with Japan.

Feeding on the move

2009, Japan, Tokyo

covid012.jpg

I Love my Baby Bjorn 

2009, Japan, Tokyo

covid013.jpg

Sanrio Puroland

2009, Japan, Tokyo

covid014.jpg

Bamboo Forest

2010, Japan, Kyoto

covid015.jpg

Beside Kobe Shinkansen Station

2010, Japan, Kobe

covid016.jpg

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

This is pic that is so meaningful to me. Reminds me of days long past...

Force Feeding

2010, New Zealand, Christchurch

covid017.jpg

Turbocharged

Next few pics are taken on a trip to New Zealand in 2010 when Ann was 2 years old. They grow up the fastest in the first few years. Each trip she is so different. 

Hey!

covid018.jpg

Ripple

covid019.jpg

Safe

covid021.jpg

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
(edited)
20 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Your daughter damn cute! 😍

thanks 🙂 my boy is cute too, at least to me. I think every parents think their kid is super cute.

But for photography, there is a "golden period" I think. Around 2-6 years old, where they are super photogenic as they have lots of expression and totally not camera shy

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

The next few shots are still in New Zealand, same trip. I will ALWAYS remember my girl was terrified of the heli ride. When we reach the mountain, we realised she actually fell asleep or fainted.... We were worried a while but she woke up and all good.

The last shot "Classic" was a recreation of one of our wedding photo taken much earlier with the mountains floating about the lake on one side and forest in the other. 

On the Road

2010, New Zealand, Queenstown

covid022.jpg

Heli Ride

2010, New Zealand, Queenstown

covid023.jpg

Classic

2010, New Zealand, Queenstowncovid024.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3