How many times you took to pass Driving Test (TP)?

RickyWee

How many times you took to pass Driving Test (TP)?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. How many times you took to pass Driving Test (TP)?

• 5 and above

Hi bros, I was just curious how many times you took to pass Driving Test (TP)? 

Can share your experience and how many points you passed with. Also can give tips to people who are planning to or going to take it soon.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I passed with 16 points but on the second attempt hahahahah. I failed my first test because my car rolled back on the slope. I panic when my car rolled back and quickly step on the accelerator. It was a mistake cause my car 'died' so i press accelerator no use. I was damn sad that i didnt pass on first try and because my $$$ fly away.

Funny enough, on my second test, i made the same mistake but this time i smart liao. I press break instead of accelerator and restart my car. hahahahaha heng i learn from my lesson.

My best tip for people who are taking your TP is check your blind spot. Turn your head a lot if not the officer kb say you never turn to check. 

• Praise 4

3 time.

My first time i just finish poly i think? Waiting to enlist. As i train with my dad car i super confident. I fail by 3 points. The tester say i never check blind spot. (I suspect its my hair like g&r rock band).

2nd time i cut my hair nice nice. But my private instructor tell me get ready for third time cos its a new tester. I drive super confident and zai. The score come out. I fail by 30 over points.🤮

My 3 time i just enlist bmt. Cut botah. Pc very nice let me bk out to take test. Its the drive that i feel most lousy.  Cos i nervious.

Yet i pass. 👨🔬

My class 4 and 5 both 2 and 3 time. Never 1 time ...

Edited by Beregond
  • Haha! 6

Turbocharged
18 minutes ago, RickyWee said:

Hi bros, I was just curious how many times you took to pass Driving Test (TP)? 

Can share your experience and how many points you passed with. Also can give tips to people who are planning to or going to take it soon.

Just one attempt......using a very old manual Datsun 120Y car about 30 years back.

My instructor told me his students first time  passing rate is 99%, he holds the  best record, so I better don't screw him up.  Fierce guy........never seen him smile once, so  I just want to pass it and get the hell away from him.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Icedbs said:

Just one attempt......using a very old manual Datsun 120Y car about 30 years back.

My instructor told me his students first time  passing rate is 99%, he holds the  best record, so I better don't screw him up.  Fierce guy........never seen him smile once, so  I just want to pass it and get the hell away from him.

Yes me too first attempt around 30 years back as well and also driving a Datsun 120Y. That time I remember car just start to have aircon. If you learn with no aircon car is $12 per hour and car with aircon is $14 per hour.

Who time flies

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, RickyWee said:

My best tip for people who are taking your TP is check your blind spot. Turn your head a lot if not the officer kb say you never turn to check. 

How many here actually turn your head to check blind spot?

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

I do. Still. It has saved the skin of bikers and my licence.

I don't wayang like for test but I definitely turn my head briefly and check to the side before making a move.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 4

35 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

I always do for last 30 years.. my way is always, center rear view mirror.. side mirror and lastly turn head check blind spot..

I make sure my son does that too..

btw my center mirror is those attached to the original rear view mirror; wider can see part of the blind spot of the car. This mirror had been with me for 30 years since my first car.. save me alot of time.. Honestly I dunno how to drive without it.

Oh by the way I passed first time too.. all theory test oso one time.. strangely my wife and son passed first time too BUT I wonder how! whahahahahaha..

• Haha! 5

Pass on my first try. 

At the start,  I reminded my tester to put on his seat belt.  He got in the car,  sat down beside me, closed the car door and asked me to proceed.  

"Sir,  please buckle up first " I said. 

"Ok Ok,  lets go" he replied. 

Along the test route, I gave way to a bus coming out the bus bay and honked at a jay walker, he nodded his head both times. 

Halfway through test he asked me drive back to driving centre.

After watching the safety video,  I bought my 2 P-plate signs.  How lian ko buay tahan.

• Haha! 8

19 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

Pass on my first try. 

At the start,  I reminded my tester to put on his seat belt.  He got in the car,  sat down beside me, closed the car door and asked me to proceed.  

"Sir,  please buckle up first " I said. 

"Ok Ok,  lets go" he replied. 

Along the test route, I gave way to a bus coming out the bus bay and honked at a jay walker, he nodded his head both times. 

Halfway through test he asked me drive back to driving centre.

After watching the safety video,  I bought my 2 P-plate signs.  How lian ko buay tahan.

I also passed first time but my experience was a little different from yours.

I had a private driving instructor, so I had to first park the car at the bay then go out to look for the tester. When I finally found him, we went back to the car and he seemed eager to get going and told me to go.

so I really went. Didn't put seat belt, didn't signal, didn't check mirror/BS [laugh]

I realised my error almost immediately and stopped within 1m or so. Put seat belt, signal, check mirror/BS and moved off again. Tester didn't say anything at that time.

after completing the test, he asked me how many hours of driving lessons I had taken thus far. After hearing my answer (which was close to the number of hours if I had gone the driving center route), he said "ok, be careful ah".

end result, passed with just a few points to spare.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

I do. Still. It has saved the skin of bikers and my licence.

I don't wayang like for test but I definitely turn my head briefly and check to the side before making a move.

Before my car have the blindspot detection feature i will use the blindspot mirrors.. now i turn my head instead as i dont really trust it and sometimes it didnt detect vehicle joining from slip road or vice versa if the chervon marking is too wide.   

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

Before my car have the blindspot detection feature i will use the blindspot mirrors.. now i turn my head instead as i dont really trust it and sometimes it didnt detect vehicle joining from slip road or vice versa if the chervon marking is too wide.   

Yeah these new electronic nannies are useless. 

I've driven but never owned cars with the blind spot detection thing. 

But even the auto braking assist on my AMG GT used to drive me nuts.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I remember a joker friend taking his driving test. On a straight road, the tester tap the dashboard hard. My friend gave the tester a glance and drove on. The tester ask him to drive back to the center straightaway and gave him an immediate failure as that was the signal to e-brake. Obviously the tester told him before the test but he totally forgotten about it.

• Haha! 6

Supercharged
5 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Yeah these new electronic nannies are useless. 

I've driven but never owned cars with the blind spot detection thing. 

But even the auto braking assist on my AMG GT used to drive me nuts.

The cars you owned are all top specs should have these features right? or you turn it off?

↡ Advertisement