2021 Genesis G80

kobayashiGT

This is a very nice luxury car by Hyundai. I can say that despite G80 looks like Audi A7 when view from side, it has finally found its own identity which is the double deck headlights and taillights. But given our brand image market, it will be hard to find a welcoming market rate here. But I wouldn't mind trying this out because it will just look special among usual Mercedes, BMWs and Lexus.

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 6

I rode in a business partner's first gen G80 3.3 HTRAC in Korea. It was genuinely cushy and had plenty of go. Was really impressed with the cabin silence and how it soaked up surface undulations at 120km/h.

I agree that the latest gen has a unique identity and understated luxury. Sadly, in a market where 1.5L BMWs and Mercs are preferred, plus a big road tax owing to it's 3.8L engine, it is never meant to sell well. 

• Praise 7

Won't be Cheap,should be around $300,000....Buyers that can afford $300,000 will most likely go for Mercedes Benz,BMW,Audi or at least Lexus....

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

Won't be Cheap,should be around $300,000....Buyers that can afford $300,000 will most likely go for Mercedes Benz,BMW,Audi or at least Lexus....

When the Hyundai Genesis was first launched here in October 2014, it had a launch price of $230k with Cat B COE being $70+k. All things being equal, at today's COE levels, we could be looking at a price closer to $200k, if KMC does decide to bring it in. They did have plans to set up an independent showroom when they relaunched the G80 in conjunction with the Genesis nameplate going independent of Hyundai in 2017, but nothing materialised. 

That said, the new 4cyl 2.5T Smartstream will be an attractive proposition as it will be in the same tax bracket as the somewhat popular Lexus ES250, and could be a credible competitor plus a bigger car.

The only question it begs is whether there will be any takers in badge conscious Singapore?

Edited by iamahbee
  • Praise 6

On 4/19/2020 at 10:21 AM, Samlimlp said:

Will this even make it to our shores ? Look at Hyundai Sonata, its been launched one year + and is no where in sight....

If palisade can come then we can expect this to come too

On 4/18/2020 at 8:12 PM, Jamesc said:

image.png.ab4e1e95f76929558a0caf534d5f2a39.png

Front light copy S class back lights

image.png.7eb5d83a021d76d4a0ec4119b4c5108d.png

Not at all. The rear light more like aston martin car. 

anyway most cars nowadays sure are somehow quite similar. So many brands so many model out there just like clothing, zara clothes sure a number will have same design as pull n bear or h&m

Supercharged
On 4/21/2020 at 1:26 AM, Thaiyotakamli said:

If palisade can come then we can expect this to come too

Palisade still no in yet. Though confirmed for Australia markets liao but also haven start sales or any signs of car arrival there.

Supercharged

These luxury G80 is also mainly catered for the American markets and not so for European markets thus they did not does what BMW, Audis, Mercs in using 1.5T, 2.0T, but using the V6s muscle engines, 3.8CC road tax definately a killer in Singapore market. Plus I tink the VES will be like phoo, +40k? Lol.

If G80 fitted with a 2.0Turbo charged I think this may be a game changer in Singapore. It will put Lexus to shame liao as I genuinely feel this kid of cars are more fun to drive than the mudane Lexus.

• Praise 1