Helping the foreign workers - MCF help!

therock

31 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Bro, no more NTUC vouchers liao, been a long time already....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Just saw this initiative... now that you have traversed Singapore, you can do this too with your station wagon!

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid19-fairprice-store-wheels-essential-groceries-12666872#cxrecs_s

I used to patronise this old man who drove around in his van... 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/farewell-uncle-bread

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

I just watched this documentary about the Battle of Britain, and it is quite inspiring:

Against the odds, Brits were galvanised to fight against overwhelming odds and together they won.

Here we have to come together be it in social distancing, in keeping hygienic, or right at the frontline... everyone plays a role as we aim to keep SG safe

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, therock said:

Did TM mention he found one more female member..

Everything was checked, neatly packed and it definitely had a lady's touch... thumbs up!

Bro, you sound like TM always go ard looking for female members....:huh:[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hey, even hifi forums need a female touch.. 

I remember we once invited a lady for a shootout and everyone was impressed with her hearing... 

Wouldn't it be nice if we can invite someone like Charlie Young to one of our MU...

• Haha! 2

17 minutes ago, therock said:

Hey, even hifi forums need a female touch.. 

I remember we once invited a lady for a shootout and everyone was impressed with her hearing... 

Wouldn't it be nice if we can invite someone like Charlie Young to one of our MU...

It would of course be nice if you are the one sitting opposite her getting all her attention, I am not to sure of the one standing 30m away waiting to say Hi...[:p][laugh][laugh]

But if I am standing 30m away and she stand up, walk to me and say hi, that would be NICE....^_^[laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

Dear friends

Thanks v much for answering the call

Bro TM brought six bags of clothes, some are actually new!

There were 30 chargers and assorted cables too, and some nice pouches.

I also used the $600 G gave and added on another 100 cables and chargers, and multi-adaptors. Plus another donated by the seller - 90 more.

We also found a nice source of masks as a result, and made new friends. Thanks Kobayashi too. Some of these masks were for the HCWs who have been re-using masks for a few days when they are not at work, so they don't use up the precious masks at work.. and their own families have been scrimping so they are very grateful.

My ex student also gave 50 packs of skin care products for the HCWs... and Keong Siak Bakery came through - their cheese cakes are do die for!

A shoutout to House at Changi South Lane for their help and Hean Lee Radio too. 

Also found one friend who gave 30 boxes of biscuits and we put them all into a car package.

• Praise 5

(edited)

Eat more maggi... helps remind me that there are hungry workers out there... 

Edited by therock
  • Praise 1

Dear friends

Thanks for the worthy thread award

I've used the money to get more stuff for the workers

Bought them biscuits, and used some to get fans for the HCWs too.

Added the $600 bonus and got 10 new 18" standing fans. Trust me it's very very hot.

The workers are very grateful 

image.thumb.png.ec4ff33d9bd2325e905b7343e2cac65d.png

• Praise 3

With hindsight, the Government would have done some things differently, he said.

Had it known earlier that Covid-19 patients were asymptomatic, the Government would have quarantined all Singaporeans who were brought back home from abroad in March, instead of only those returning from certain countries.

He added that they would have also been tested before being released from quarantine, even if they did not show any symptoms, instead of assuming that no symptoms meant no infection.

The Government would have also recommended the wearing of face masks sooner, said Mr Lee, noting that it took the best available scientific advice at the time and changed its policy once the World Health Organisation recognised that asymptomatic transmission was a major problem.

Mr Lee also said the authorities would have acted more quickly and aggressively to control the rapid spread of the disease in migrant worker dorms.

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/parliament-spore-has-done-well-in-fighting-covid-19-though-govt-would-have-done-some-things

A lot of emotion and mixed feelings on hearing this earlier in the evening... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1