2021 Toyota Yaris Cross Hybrid

Carbon82

11 hours ago, mikk123 said:

yeah....That kind price is going to kill PI business. Looking forward to our next national car!!! btw, is it in showroom already? 

It is in showroom but you hv to make an appointment to view as it’s displayed in another confined area. I believe it’s done this way as it has not completed homologation n thus no test drive allowed.

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator
7 hours ago, tics said:

Which PI have it in showroom already?

Cars & coffee selling the GR Yaris le.

10 years later, I am going to buy it. ahahhaha. Now cannot afford. 😁

• Haha! 1

I read some online review about Yaris Cross. General rating is about 7/10. The 1.5 L 3 cylinder engine is not very refined.

Waiting for local review on this car.

Internal Moderator
36 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

I read some online review about Yaris Cross. General rating is about 7/10. The 1.5 L 3 cylinder engine is not very refined.

Waiting for local review on this car.

That should be the same engine on the GR Yaris, Alot of potential to push until 260 bhp!

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

That should be the same engine on the GR Yaris, Alot of potential to push until 260 bhp!

Different engine la.

This 1.5L is dynamic force 3 pot.

GR Yaris is 1.6L bespoke engine.

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, mikk123 said:

whether engine powerful enough is really subjective. Some need instant power the moment they step on gas, some are more gentle user. For day to day use, with the high SUV driving position, this should be sufficient. I guess most will compare with vezel. Let's see what will happen when two big Japan auto giants went head to head on small SUV. It going to be interesting especially BM is in the game right from the beginning.  KM missed out the vezel fun/windfall when they delayed launch/sold Thai version HRV. 

Ground clearance for Yaris Cross is 170mm while Yaris is 140mm.  It is not very big different.

6 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

World apart between the 2 engines. I generally don't have good impression of 3 cyc engine, don't mention BMW lah..that is different class.

I am referring to general 3 cylinder engines from Korean and Jap brands. I have tried Suzuki and Kia, their 3 cylinder engines all suffer from vibration.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, mikk123 said:

whether engine powerful enough is really subjective. Some need instant power the moment they step on gas, some are more gentle user. For day to day use, with the high SUV driving position, this should be sufficient. I guess most will compare with vezel. Let's see what will happen when two big Japan auto giants went head to head on small SUV. It going to be interesting especially BM is in the game right from the beginning.  KM missed out the vezel fun/windfall when they delayed launch/sold Thai version HRV. 

What i don't understand is why Toyota don't use Vios/Sienta engine on Yaris Cross. Why invent another 1.5L 3 cylinder engine for this car?

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

What i don't understand is why Toyota don't use Vios/Sienta engine on Yaris Cross. Why invent another 1.5L 3 cylinder engine for this car?

vios, sienta is engine is old.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

vios, sienta is engine is old.

I rem Adrian from wapcar commenting about the old engine of a Toyota (altis if i rem correctly), and he made the suggestion that old engine means easy to find replacement parts...

And i think in our sedate country, we are barely putting all the horses inside to use most of the time anyway. You feel the sieokness of acceleration and a lighter wallet if you want to use a heavier foot =D

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Roh96 said:

World apart between the 2 engines. I generally don't have good impression of 3 cyc engine, don't mention BMW lah..that is different class.

I am referring to general 3 cylinder engines from Korean and Jap brands. I have tried Suzuki and Kia, their 3 cylinder engines all suffer from vibration.

IL3 needs balancing shaft to remove vibration 

32 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

I rem Adrian from wapcar commenting about the old engine of a Toyota (altis if i rem correctly), and he made the suggestion that old engine means easy to find replacement parts...

And i think in our sedate country, we are barely putting all the horses inside to use most of the time anyway. You feel the sieokness of acceleration and a lighter wallet if you want to use a heavier foot =D

Not much of a choice with increasingly strict emissions. So new engines have to come. Might be less reliable with all the extra components to comply with emissions. 

• Haha! 1