2021 Toyota Yaris Cross Hybrid

Carbon82

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

no reason to lie... nothing to gain lah

This picture the headlights look like those ghost eyes. 

Edited by Kopites

24 minutes ago, FUN2AV66 said:

But pi says that LTA not approve yet leh....

Maybe PI’s model is not approved yet but Borneo’s is. AD only has to get homologation approval for the first of its kind model. It doesn’t mean that since Borneo’s model is approved, PIs will get automatic approval as PI has to submit their own car for homologation separately. 

• Praise 3

35 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

if are interested, go and do a test drive. I don't see any reason to buy from PI since AD has the same model from the same factory, even cheaper! 

Disclaimer: I don't work for Borneo. 

Always go with agent unless PI is significantly cheaper. Or the specs of the. JDM version matter a lot to you. Eg Sienta. 

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, FUN2AV66 said:

BM hybrid model from Thailand?

Thailand and the rest of South East Asia are already selling the Corolla Cross. No Yaris Cross for them except Singapore. BM certainly made the effort this time round.

I saw a YC at my estate last evening with a BM plate so confirm car is on the road already. The shark head like nose abit not to my liking but otherwise car looks good👍

588DBB8F-5180-4A3B-83AD-84C685578F32.jpeg

3C39010C-6FC8-4B34-B5B9-2E241015AD36.jpeg

• Praise 7

1 hour ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi,

BM hybrid is what grade ? High, medium or lowest ?

TIA and cheers.

Richard

If I remember correctly, it is the middle grade that comes with Toyota Safety Sense. But doesn’t have the heated seats, kick sensor for tailgate or the heads up display. 

The naming for the variant is probably different from Australia’s. I just booked for the Feb 2020 batch, it’s called Yaris Cross Active. 

• Praise 4

9 hours ago, 2wiremodem said:

If I remember correctly, it is the middle grade that comes with Toyota Safety Sense. But doesn’t have the heated seats, kick sensor for tailgate or the heads up display. 

The naming for the variant is probably different from Australia’s. I just booked for the Feb 2020 batch, it’s called Yaris Cross Active. 

Hey 2wire,

Thanks thanks ...

Just back from Ubi showroom and guess it is a Borneo Motor variant which is indeed at least medium grade with below key highlights:

- 8 SRS bags

- Toyota Sensing i.e. BSM, lane departure etc.

- LED headlight

- Cruize control etc.

- standard local leather, solar film, F/R cameras

Yes, rear door open a little tight cos does not open 80-90 degree and a bit small but not a deal breaker due to trueblood SUV height. It is really a 4 seater car as 3 adults in the rear will be very uncomfortable even for short trip.

All in, a great match for my dotter as her 1st car and for sure, same PIs' 100k for petrol version died a premature death but she does feel it is a bit muscular for her ... back later to Ubi showroom for her decision.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 2

Twincharged
On 12/31/2020 at 1:14 PM, Zxcvb said:

Thailand and the rest of South East Asia are already selling the Corolla Cross. No Yaris Cross for them except Singapore. BM certainly made the effort this time round.

I think with Corolla cross the price will not be that competitive. Besides Japan doesn’t have Corolla cross, so AD can bring in from Thailand anytime. Kill the PI with Yaris cross hybrid first. 

Edited by Mkl22

1 minute ago, Mkl22 said:

I think with Corolla cross the price will not be that competitive. Besides Japan doesn’t have Corolla cross, so AD can bring in from Thailand anytime. Kill the PI with Yaris cross hybrid first. 

Not really.

Singaporean has a stigma against ASEAN car.

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

And since BM decided not to bring in the Corolla Cross, any PI wants to bring it in?? Doubt so as PI like the use the “made in Japan” tagline ever so often. 

• Haha! 3

4 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hey 2wire,

Thanks thanks ...

Just back from Ubi showroom and guess it is a Borneo Motor variant which is indeed at least medium grade with below key highlights:

- 8 SRS bags

- Toyota Sensing i.e. BSM, lane departure etc.

- LED headlight

- Cruize control etc.

- standard local leather, solar film, F/R cameras

Yes, rear door open a little tight cos does not open 80-90 degree and a bit small but not a deal breaker due to trueblood SUV height. It is really a 4 seater car as 3 adults in the rear will be very uncomfortable even for short trip.

All in, a great match for my dotter as her 1st car and for sure, same PIs' 100k for petrol version died a premature death but she does feel it is a bit muscular for her ... back later to Ubi showroom for her decision.

Cheers.

Richard

Oops ... back with dotter and CO to find out halogen headlights and not LED which is a bit of a let down though not a showstopper.

Alternative on single available Fit Hybrid in ok red for dotter at 90k from PI without any interest to down price is a push for the Yaris Cross from BM.

With apology and cheers.

Richard

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Not really.

Singaporean has a stigma against ASEAN car.

Hi,

Cos we all know MIJ and workmanship has its value .... MIJ washing machine is at least 50% more than those even from our bolehland.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2