2021 Toyota Yaris Cross Hybrid

Carbon82

Neutral Newbie
12 hours ago, Cavinlau said:

Test drove the new yaris cross gold. Overall is a good experience. Hybrid, come with 5 years warrenty.selling at 101k now. Waiting time until april may

10 hours ago, 2wiremodem said:

Wah, from AD? 

Really? OMV & LTA approved already? From BM or PI? Please advice, thanks in advance

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
53 minutes ago, vatican said:

Really? OMV & LTA approved already? From BM or PI? Please advice, thanks in advance

BM. According to salesman, is already approved. But no stock. Those pioneer batch are lucky.

101k without free upgrade to leather seat now.

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Cavinlau said:

BM. According to salesman, is already approved. But no stock. Those pioneer batch are lucky.

101k without free upgrade to leather seat now.

U say they are lucky but some forumers laughing at them for buying car without test drive, full of trust in Toyota etc 

My take is that you got to be decisive when new cars are launched, if the deal is good u got to act fast. Of course luck plays a part as well n where COE prices are headed to etc. I posted here that the margin for this car was fair last mth n yet some posted that $96888 for a Toyota hybrid was no big deal and there were better cars at this price range. To each his own I suppose.

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

32 minutes ago, Spring said:

U say they are lucky but some forumers laughing at them for buying car without test drive, full of trust in Toyota etc 

My take is that you got to be decisive when new cars are launched, if the deal is good u got to act fast. Of course luck plays a part as well n where COE prices are headed to etc. I posted here that the margin for this car was fair last mth n yet some posted that $96888 for a Toyota hybrid was no big deal and there were better cars at this price range. To each his own I suppose.

i think many new launch cars the buyers also bought/place booking without seeing the car yet... anyway buyer happy enough, we send our best wishes to all... 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Contipro said:

i think many new launch cars the buyers also bought/place booking without seeing the car yet... anyway buyer happy enough, we send our best wishes to all... 

If I remember correctly, those pioneer batch managed to see and touch the car but only couldn’t test drive. 
There was a preview unit at the showroom but it’s hidden behind a partition because not launched yet.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
3 hours ago, 2wiremodem said:

If I remember correctly, those pioneer batch managed to see and touch the car but only couldn’t test drive. 
There was a preview unit at the showroom but it’s hidden behind a partition because not launched yet.

14Jan2021 is the day!

On 1/4/2021 at 8:29 AM, inlinesix said:

Thanks.

It is still stigma for Singaporean to own ASEAN car.

Mind you, not everyone can afford to own 2nd or 3rd car.

Hi toyota,

Indeed and understandably so ... big ticket item and still have viable option for MIJ or even MIK.

Cheers.

Richard

Twincharged
On 1/7/2021 at 3:20 PM, Rickster said:

Nowadays it's very rare to find a car with engine problems if you properly maintain it.

Gearbox and electronics is a different story - this is where Japanese cars such as Toyota, Honda etc still have an edge over their European counterparts.

Not really true. The Renault 1.2, also used in the qashqai is a disaster. 

On 1/4/2021 at 11:15 AM, Heartlander said:

Just started work and you encouraging your daughter to buy a new car. Good to be rich haha.

Hi heartlander,

Think it is all about priority also and I am certainly not rich especially going to retire soon but no plan for golden coffin in my bucket list.

Juz hope to give her a good start but guess not to be .. yet.

Cheers.

Richard

On 1/4/2021 at 12:23 PM, jacobfff said:

doesn't this look like a small lorry of early 2000s lol

1.jpg

Haha ... indeed interior so so but I wun say same as a lorry from 2000s.

PI is worse at also 100k when I viewed since not done up while BM one is ok lah.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

On 1/5/2021 at 12:10 PM, Rickster said:

Looks good. The dual tone interior does make things look much better.

Looking at the top of the steering wheel, seems like it also has either a retractable glass HUD or those project unto the windscreen type. Uncommon feature for a car in this class.

Hi Rickster,

BM version without.

It will be cool projection type and even AWD which you can only hope to indent with PI if at all possible but at what cost if current hybrid already 100k (petrol down to 87k) and usual various concerns to buy PI especially with hybrid version that I had hoped for.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 2

On 1/7/2021 at 12:25 PM, vatican said:

think engine reliability is more important than those 'cosmetics outlook '', ain't not going to sleep or stayed in the car anyway..... lol

100k leh 😅

9 hours ago, vatican said:

1st batch owner at 97k oreli on the road as one bro shared last week but yes, SE confirmed to me the same.

Cheers.

Edited by richard_crl032

Neutral Newbie

I asked the PI which i buy the car from. He told me car arrived in SG but need to wait for LTA inspection. But i said LTA already approved. Donno why still need to wait...

Is there any reason why PI want to hold on to their cars? I suspect they selling the car to those buyer that wan the car earlier than those bought alr LL suck thumb need to follow contract. Will that be the case?

Supercharged
57 minutes ago, Cavinlau said:

I asked the PI which i buy the car from. He told me car arrived in SG but need to wait for LTA inspection. But i said LTA already approved. Donno why still need to wait...

Is there any reason why PI want to hold on to their cars? I suspect they selling the car to those buyer that wan the car earlier than those bought alr LL suck thumb need to follow contract. Will that be the case?

Authorised Dealer like Borneo will get their cars homologated as a batch. Once a sub-model with certain specs approved, individual car just need to import and sell.

AFAIK, Mickey mouse like PI have to send every car they want to register for homologation process.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, t0y0ta said:

Authorised Dealer like Borneo will get their cars homologated as a batch. Once a sub-model with certain specs approved, individual car just need to import and sell.

AFAIK, Mickey mouse like PI have to send every car they want to register for homologation process.

Yes. I believe all PI cars need to the VITAS check. Everyday you'll see new PI cars lining up to be inspected. Because many years ago, some PIs find loop-hole to under-declare those higher-spec cars.

Neutral Newbie
4 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

1st batch owner at 97k oreli on the road as one bro shared last week but yes, SE confirmed to me the same.

Cheers.

Leng kee or Ubi huh ,to test drive?thanks in advance