2021 Toyota Yaris Cross Hybrid

Carbon82

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

You don't know what is LTA meh? The one collect COE money lah. They are the greatest because COE keep climbing in a pandemic. It is defying gravity. 😁

Sorry still don’t follow what LTA got to do with the safety features, maybe I’m slow 😩

LTA collecting money from all car registration not only YC right? N these days almost all the new cars got these safety features like Avante n even the hybrid Jazz from Kah. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

19 minutes ago, Spring said:

Sorry still don’t follow what LTA got to do with the safety features, maybe I’m slow 😩

LTA collecting money from all car registration not only YC right? N these days almost all the new cars got these safety features like Avante n even the hybrid Jazz from Kah. 

LTA in this context is Lane Tracing Assist.

• Praise 2

On 1/14/2021 at 10:44 PM, kelaihoyin said:

Definitely gonna be a big hit at 101k. Finally Borneo woke up and is on the offensive to gain back market share

I have my doubt a big hit like vezel or qashqai that were gold standard cos it is just too small for only 2 adults behind .. smaller than even fit/jazz but at 100k $.  Cheers.

Edited by richard_crl032

23 hours ago, mikk123 said:

i compare the AD and PI spec, how come all different? I though it came from same factory? AD spec is much better and cheaper some more. 

Borneo Motor's version is uniquely theirs based on what their mktg believe can sell at what $ ... AD takes whatever versions available in domestic Japan dealer since no chance to ask Toyota themselves. Cheers.

Edited by richard_crl032

On 1/14/2021 at 10:44 PM, kelaihoyin said:

Definitely gonna be a big hit at 101k. Finally Borneo woke up and is on the offensive to gain back market share

I think 100k is a magic number.

If can go < 100k then is big hit

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, richard_crl032 said:

Borneo Motor's version is uniquely theirs based on what their mktg believe can sell at what $ ... AD takes whatever versions available in domestic Japan dealer since no chance to ask Toyota themselves. Cheers.

PI* takes whatever versions 🙏🙏

2 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

I have my doubt a big hit like vezel or qashqai that were gold standard cos it is just too small for only 2 adults behind .. smaller than even fit/jazz but at 100k $.  Cheers.

I could be wrong, my impression is that no more official AD Jazz anymore. Kah supposed to take City and City hatchback.

There will be buyers looking for small MIJ hatch around the 90+k region. If no more Jazz, YCH will be very appealing to them.

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

I could be wrong, my impression is that no more official AD Jazz anymore. Kah supposed to take City and City hatchback.

There will be buyers looking for small MIJ hatch around the 90+k region. If no more Jazz, YCH will be very appealing to them.

4th gen Jazz on pre-launch booking now. 1.5 Petrol and Hybrid. Prices between 96k for Petrol Basic to 101k Luxe eHEV Hybrid. Looks to be targeting Yaris Cross, especially the eHEV Hybrid. 

• Praise 4

hi guys, just wanna get a sensing if it is worth to go for hybrid. the 15k price tag for a light user like me(prolly only gonna drive after work and weekends), i can pump 8100 Litres of petrol at the current price, and without having to worry the potential electric issues with the car down the years, and i also realise the ARF is low for hybrid vehicles due to VES. so, is hybrid really worth it? 

let s leave out the carbon footprint part lol

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, jacobfff said:

hi guys, just wanna get a sensing if it is worth to go for hybrid. the 15k price tag for a light user like me(prolly only gonna drive after work and weekends), i can pump 8100 Litres of petrol at the current price, and without having to worry the potential electric issues with the car down the years, and i also realise the ARF is low for hybrid vehicles due to VES. so, is hybrid really worth it? 

The biggest concern is road tax.

Petrol: $680/annum

Hybrid: $696/annum

Just take Hybrid.

20 minutes ago, jacobfff said:

You are comparing what to what?

YCH from Borneo to YC from PI?

No comparison because Borneo is official import with proper warranty and high specs.

PI one firstly the warranty is suspect, secondly the price is rubber depending on COE bidding results and also different specs as most PI are less than upfront.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, t0y0ta said:

You are comparing what to what?

YCH from Borneo to YC from PI?

No comparison because Borneo is official import with proper warranty and high specs.

PI one firstly the warranty is suspect, secondly the price is rubber depending on COE bidding results and also different specs as most PI are less than upfront.

agree with you on the above. just curious for the fuel saved on hybrid, is it enough to make up for the extra paid, with light usage

so far ALL toyota hybrids in singapore prior to the 4th gen prius had to change battery at least 1 time within 10years. so there is a risk that the battery will not last. i would think it will be about 3-4k to change the hybrid battery. so factor that into your cost.

the 4th Gen prius seems to be pretty good with the hybrid battery. not sure if this will translate to all other models in toyota line up.have heard of 300k km PHVs with still the orig battery. but then the usage case is different. hybrid battery seems to like to be in constant charge. short trips and infrequent usage seem to deteriorate the hybrid battery faster as in the cases of hybrids prior to Prius Gen4.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
55 minutes ago, jacobfff said:

I personally find it not worth it if you are not a high usage driver.

You should look at a smaller car like that Attrage or Vios.

You can never "earn" back the 15K price tag if you never drive more to average out the cost.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4