2021 Toyota Yaris Cross Hybrid

Carbon82

Neutral Newbie

petrol cars now is this road tax. but will it remain will be a question mark. but for sure, gov directions r to move towards green energy. rebates given there has to come from somewhere.

↡ Advertisement

43 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

The biggest concern is road tax.

Petrol: $680/annum

Hybrid: $696/annum

Just take Hybrid.

I don't get your point.

Hybrid has higher roadtax (16 more than petrol) but let just say this is negligible on a annual basis.

hybrid cost more upfront, so is it worth 8100 liters of gasoline more.

and its not to say the bybrid car no need petrol leh 🤣

If jacobfff is happy with the power and torque of the petrol, and obviously lower price, should that not be the primary reason to go for PI YC?

only thing is dunno whether the 1l3C engine is reliable or not and how PI deals with potential recalls of any kinds.

2 minutes ago, shutterbox said:

I don't get your point.

Hybrid has higher roadtax (16 more than petrol) but let just say this is negligible on a annual basis.

hybrid cost more upfront, so is it worth 8100 liters of gasoline more.

and its not to say the bybrid car no need petrol leh 🤣

If jacobfff is happy with the power and torque of the petrol, and obviously lower price, should that not be the primary reason to go for PI YC?

only thing is dunno whether the 1l3C engine is reliable or not and how PI deals with potential recalls of any kinds.

I presume your 10k diff is btw PI YARIS PETROL vs AD YARIS HYBRID.

It is definitely worth it for peace of mind.

On 1/18/2021 at 10:39 AM, jacobfff said:

agree with you on the above. just curious for the fuel saved on hybrid, is it enough to make up for the extra paid, with light usage

nope if your mileage can't even hit 20k-25k/annum, dont waste time on a hybrid cause you will not make back the additional $$ you paid. 

i did my calculation before and even if based on your calculation of 8100litres and avg consumption of 12km/l, thats 97000km additional you gotta clock to make back the cost you paid for hybrid. 

and even for high mileage, the battery needs replacement down the road which is also why BM offers a longer warranty for the battery. 

On 1/18/2021 at 11:14 AM, heckz said:

petrol cars now is this road tax. but will it remain will be a question mark. but for sure, gov directions r to move towards green energy. rebates given there has to come from somewhere.

i dont think govt will apply the road tax retrospectively to the previous cars but it will be forward looking instead apart from COE cars. 

Edited by ferrytales

11 hours ago, ferrytales said:

nope if your mileage can't even hit 20k-25k/annum, dont waste time on a hybrid cause you will not make back the additional $$ you paid. 

i did my calculation before and even if based on your calculation of 8100litres and avg consumption of 12km/l, thats 97000km additional you gotta clock to make back the cost you paid for hybrid. 

for that "addtional" 97000 km to drive a hybrid car to make it "worth wihle", wear and tear parts replacements would have eroded away any "fuel savings" 🤣 

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, not really related but still post here. Recently i bought a yaris cross from PI with 40% downpayment and 60% loan (7 years). However, PI just recently came back and said OMV is less than 20k, i am allowed to downpay 30%. But i don want to change to 30% because im comfortable with 60% loan payment. 70% means im paying more.

Can the PI do that and force me to downpay less?

44 minutes ago, Cavinlau said:

Hi all, not really related but still post here. Recently i bought a yaris cross from PI with 40% downpayment and 60% loan (7 years). However, PI just recently came back and said OMV is less than 20k, i am allowed to downpay 30%. But i don want to change to 30% because im comfortable with 60% loan payment. 70% means im paying more.

Did they force you to do so? 

Turbocharged
28 minutes ago, Cavinlau said:

Yes, just released a call and they forced me to do so.

Is this allowable? Thanks

Report to MAS!!! 

52 minutes ago, Cavinlau said:

Yes, just released a call and they forced me to do so.

Is this allowable? Thanks

Customer allowed to decide what quantum of loan he wants so no way can PI force u unless upfront they tell u that u must take minimum x amount of loan as the car is priced with this condition. As it was not told to u at that point of time, PI can’t change the T&C suddenly. Reject n if they insist, u can threaten them that u will report to authorities. That said, best to settle amicably rather than go down the “report to authorities” route. Good luck!

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, Cavinlau said:

Can share the PI name? the grandstand there at least...

2 hours ago, Cavinlau said:

Lesser OMV means the PI has a fatter profit. Has sales contract been draft? If everything has been recorded black and white, I don't think you have to accede to their request to loan more.

28 minutes ago, Cavinlau said:

I think it is better that i don share the PI name first as we are still negotiating.

There is nothing wrong with sharing the PI name. The very fact that they are trying to pull this stunt on you already says that this PI is not ethical.

Unless of course, you don't know what you sign on - thus, giving them the power to "force" u to take the additional loan.