Porsche Offers Modern Infotainment Systems For Classic 911 Models

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Porsche Offers Modern Infotainment Systems For Classic 911 Models

source: https://www.motor1.com/news/414490/porsche-modern-infotainment-classic-models/

image.png.4d66c24dc23d252106356b858e7585e1.png

First-generation Boxsters can get an upgrade, too.

There’s no denying that Porsche has some of the most passionate auto fans in the world. Credit for that legacy certainly falls to the 911 – these owners love their cars and they love to drive them, be it a new 911 Turbo S or a classic air-cooled model from decades past. A few years back, Porsche Classic offered a neat upgrade for classic 911 owners in the form of a single-din infotainment system, bringing fresh tech to old classics.

Now, Porsche Classic has updated that design and created a super-sized expansion with a new double-din unit. Called Porsche Classic Communication Management (PCCM), the newest offerings bring more tech options to old models with a single-din space in the dash, or straight-up modern tech to "young classics" starting with the 996 generation that have double-din systems. Regardless of the size, both systems offer Apple CarPlay, DAB +, and Bluetooth connectivity as well as navigation features.

porsche-classic-communication-management

The larger double-din unit is called PCCM Plus. It’s designed to be a plug-and-play system that works with existing controls in the car, while also offering touchscreen functionality through a 7-inch screen. The upgraded technology for PCCM Plus also means those young classics drivers can take advantage of Porsche’s latest navigation systems with Porsche points-of-interest and route guidance. It’s not just for the 911 either – Porsche says this unit will work in the first-generation Boxster as well.

The upgraded single-din design for older Porsches isn't quite as capable, but it still offers impressive capability for its size. In addition to navigation functions, the new PCCM offers DAB + and Apple CarPlay capability as well as a 3.5-inch touch-sensitive display. Primary functions are controlled through rotary knobs and integrated buttons, with the overall design mimicking classic Porsche stereo systems as closely as possible.

The upgraded PCCM single-din unit is now available at a cost of €1,439.89 ($1,551). The larger double-din PCCM Plus model sells for €1,606.51 ($1,731). Both are available at Porsche centers or online in the Porsche Classic shop.

Source: Porsche

Woah. $1,500 for a headunit?!?!?!?!? I can buy a iPhone 11 Pro man!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Twincharged
14 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

Retrofitting possible 👍👍👍

was told tricky as engine very hot and is at the back.

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, sake said:

was told tricky as engine very hot and is at the back.

saw once this prc guy did on old 911 but dont know how long it will last :grin:

you are right...the heat might kill the cam and wires too :a-toast:

last time my friend Lambo rear cam also Kee siao...should be too hot for sg climate[drivingcar]

• Praise 1

My 996 had the crappiest original Porsche sound system. Sometimes it would get locked out and you have to enter a code. Damn panicked the first time till I managed to figure out what to do from the Internet and locate the code. Ridiculous!

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
15 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

My 996 had the crappiest original Porsche sound system. Sometimes it would get locked out and you have to enter a code. Damn panicked the first time till I managed to figure out what to do from the Internet and locate the code. Ridiculous!

lock out as in cannot press anything at all?!?!?! hahaha.  sound like a time bomb! 😅

• Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

lock out as in cannot press anything at all?!?!?! hahaha.  sound like a time bomb! 😅

Haha can't remember but it gave a stupid message on the basic LCD screen and wouldn't let me use any functions. Couldn't play my CDs. I used to love going top down with Deep Purple's Highway Star blasting out, seemed to fit the age and character of the car better. 😂

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Haha can't remember but it gave a stupid message on the basic LCD screen and wouldn't let me use any functions. Couldn't play my CDs. I used to love going top down with Deep Purple's Highway Star blasting out, seemed to fit the age and character of the car better. 😂

Nice! I am more of a beatles guy. hahah.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Nice! I am more of a beatles guy. hahah.

Well, I love The Beatles too, of course. 

But you should try this one on for size. 

Widely credited with being one of the, if not *the* first heavy metal song. The Beatles didn't just make music, they defined genres.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

46 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Well, I love The Beatles too, of course. 

But you should try this one on for size. 

Widely credited with being one of the, if not *the* first heavy metal song. The Beatles didn't just make music, they defined genres.

Eeeee, why you so ah pek? 

I already stopped listening to all these in my teens.

actually these are our parents’ era even

muayhahahahahahaha

4 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Eeeee, why you so ah pek? 

I already stopped listening to all these in my teens.

actually these are our parents’ era even

muayhahahahahahaha

I told you. You are a si ginna at heart. 😁

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

I told you. You are a si ginna at heart. 😁

If being good looking and known for trendsetting makes me one, then i shall have to accept.......😢😢

😁😂muayhahahaa

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

If being good looking and known for trendsetting makes me one, then i shall have to accept.......😢😢

😁😂muayhahahaa

If trendsetting means preferring girly kpop to great rock classics, then you are definitely one. 😁

Muayhahaha 😂

4 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

If trendsetting means preferring girly kpop to great rock classics, then you are definitely one. 😁

Muayhahaha 😂

Thats not trendsetting, thats like wearing a grubby shirt to an F1 launch....

↡ Advertisement