Does anyone know a solution to prevent rust on the car?

speedometer

Internal Moderator
10 hours ago, speedometer said:

I was reading this review https://www.toolazine.com/best-rust-proofing-inhibitor-spray-cars-prevent-scratches-review-buyer-guide/, and looking for more option to remove rust into my car. Has anyone used preventive paint for rust? Any recommendation?

May I ask you wanna remove rust or want to prevent rust?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

59 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

May I ask you wanna remove rust or want to prevent rust?

I know during the 80s and Maybe 90s, Tuff Kote was the place to go and sales man even throw in the rust proving.

Now with the advance tech on paint and body work from factory, less of a need.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 3

12 hours ago, speedometer said:

I was reading this review https://www.toolazine.com/best-rust-proofing-inhibitor-spray-cars-prevent-scratches-review-buyer-guide/, and looking for more option to remove rust into my car. Has anyone used preventive paint for rust? Any recommendation?

dun need worry about rust prevention for modern cars ba.

i doubt any modern car or vehicle even lorry will rust unless odd 1 out like lemon, or some new cars struck in flood, maybe they clean and sell again.

or your driving condition very bad, like i know some company work in sand refilling site, their lorry even new rust very fast .

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 4

I know rust may occur on the bolts that can be found on door hinges or at engine bay frame. But the body panel should be protected by the paint work. For the rusty bolts, I just use cheap paint to paint it over and it can last many years.

12 hours ago, speedometer said:

You should be owning an older car to ask this question.

Coincidentally I watched a Harry's Garage video and it talked about rust treatment and prevention. Here is the video, watch from 2:00 to 6:00.

The product Harry used is: https://www.bilthamber.com/hydrate-80

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

never mind the rust, that is one beautiful Lancia

Totally agree! During that era the Italian design houses were supreme. Its so pert, so delicate, so beautiful. And the noise that 1.6 V4 makes...ooohh...my ears bleed. 

10 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Totally agree! During that era the Italian design houses were supreme. Its so pert, so delicate, so beautiful. And the noise that 1.6 V4 makes...ooohh...my ears bleed. 

I actually like the door handle. So nostalgic. 

Rust is overrated in Singapore’s context for two reasons:

We don’t salt our roads.

Most cars aren’t kept beyond 20 years, in fact a large portion does 10 years and that’s it. 

Yes, rust will form but it will never become an issue for you.

• Praise 4

14 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

Rust is overrated in Singapore’s context for two reasons:

We don’t salt our roads.

Most cars aren’t kept beyond 20 years, in fact a large portion does 10 years and that’s it. 

Yes, rust will form but it will never become an issue for you.

Agree too! From the mid-80s onwards, cars are made of better protected steel and are quite immune to rust already. We only worry about cars more than 35 years old. 

Eg W123 rusts, but W124 don't.

• Praise 2

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

I know during the 80s and Maybe 90s, Tuff Kote was the place to go and sales man even throw in the rust proving.

Now with the advance tech on paint and body work from factory, less of a need.

Till date, Komoco still send their Hyundai to this treatment.

• Praise 2

The best way to prevent rust on a car is by forcing a protective flow of electrons to the metal of your car.

So adding extra grounding points to your car means sending electrons to your car body.

For this process to work, you need a complete electrical circuit to bring the electrons back.

So it will only work when your whole car is wet, like during heavy rain or when your car goes thru ponding.

Isn't that the time when you need rust protection?

:grin: 

• Haha! 4

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

dun need worry about rust prevention for modern cars ba.

i doubt any modern car or vehicle even lorry will rust unless odd 1 out like lemon, or some new cars struck in flood, maybe they clean and sell again.

or your driving condition very bad, like i know some company work in sand refilling site, their lorry even new rust very fast .

You mean new modern car like this?

https://www.mycarforum.com/forums/topic/2717790-most-honest-used-car-ad-ever/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1