Does anyone know a solution to prevent rust on the car?

speedometer

Supersonic
6 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

I know during the 80s and Maybe 90s, Tuff Kote was the place to go and sales man even throw in the rust proving.

Now with the advance tech on paint and body work from factory, less of a need.

Rust is no longer an issue on most, if not all, modern cars for the past 10-20 years

Surprised to hear that some ADs still throwing in Tuff Kote as a 'freebie'. Thot aftermarket rust proofing market extinct loooong time ago oredi.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic

In countries where cars are kept for decades, there is a need to undercoat the chassis.

They salt the roads in winter, they have salt spray when you're near the ocean, etc.

Unless you're sure the undercarriage is 100% protected, you may need some form of protection.

B&B cars are still made of mild steel which tends to rest.

Tuff kote I think is a cheap basic form of coating. There are others which may be more expensive. Coating ideally should still stick on even when pressure sprayed by water.

I used this as a protectant, and it's tenacious, it clings to metal. But I've not used it in large quantity to undercoat. https://www.fluid-film.com/automotive-applications/

Do you need it ? It's up to you.

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Jamesc said:

The best way to prevent rust on a car is by forcing a protective flow of electrons to the metal of your car.

So adding extra grounding points to your car means sending electrons to your car body.

For this process to work, you need a complete electrical circuit to bring the electrons back.

So it will only work when your whole car is wet, like during heavy rain or when your car goes thru ponding.

Isn't that the time when you need rust protection?

:grin: 

May I suggest this 

b10ca91085097005d79d4de8807bbd08.gif

• Haha! 7

Supercharged

I remember my dad used to have a Mitsubishi Galant E10 with that cool orange digital instrument. But the inner part of the boot cover developed a fist size hole from rust after a few years of usage and from then on, he swore off from Mitsubishi and goes to Toyota.

Supercharged
3 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

Kimchi really up to standard 万岁👍👍👍

Dont know up or not up to standard. If up to standard means the car metals are good enough to withstand the corrosion without extra protection, maybe not up to standard that is why local AD provide that extra.

Cars don't rust these days because they have a bath of zinc coating.

:grin:

image.png.56bda39062aee3554e5489fd7a696772.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 5

Rust ?  So many people own a car, who see rust kee chiu ?

We have been sending our cars for inspection, has anyone bee  told the undercarriage of his car is rusty kee chiu ?

If any, please change car, not rust proofing.😄😄😄

• Haha! 1

15 hours ago, Inlinefour said:

this car should be safe from rust I guess 👍👍👍

004F3E1C-A397-4911-820B-E4613CF43DAB.jpeg

If all cars are made of SS no need Spray  paint shops .... all cars will be silver in colour 

• Praise 2

On 4/27/2020 at 7:57 PM, Xers007 said:

I remember my dad used to have a Mitsubishi Galant E10 with that cool orange digital instrument. But the inner part of the boot cover developed a fist size hole from rust after a few years of usage and from then on, he swore off from Mitsubishi and goes to Toyota.

I remember my Bro's 1981 Galant was treated with rust proof when new. After a few years, the door frame (where the hinges are) rotted with big holes! 

• Sad 1

On 4/27/2020 at 11:03 AM, Toeknee_33 said:

You should be owning an older car to ask this question.

Coincidentally I watched a Harry's Garage video and it talked about rust treatment and prevention. Here is the video, watch from 2:00 to 6:00.

The product Harry used is: https://www.bilthamber.com/hydrate-80

Wow, sounds really punchy and looks good!