ESPRIT To Shut 56 Stores Across Asia, Including S’pore & M’sia, By 30 Jun

kobayashiGT

4 hours ago, Jman888 said:

Thai either very small size or their apparel from pratunam or night market usually kiu zui by 2 size after wash [laugh]

That why buy 5XL and after few washes, it becomes 3XL ... :secret-laugh:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

21 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Actually if i want to compare average quality of the clothes, 

In general, I feel that Esprit stuff is better quality compared to h&m (which would be pretty much it's generational successor). Quite long lasting.
Topman/topshop stuff is quite lousy lol. Zara some stuff ok, some stuff not particularly good quality.

I'd definitely agree that ESPRIT stuff was better quality in the past, and indeed long lasting - I still have some of the shirts which I bought in the early 90's. However,  I did recall looking at some of their stuff in the last couple of years, and the quality was not much different than those you find at places like H&M. Yes, Zara also depends on selected items - some are good, others not so; After all, Zara is the 'Giordano of Spain'. 

21 hours ago, Soya said:

Nowadays it's fast disposable fashion. Buy cheap, wear a few times, and buang when the next season is in.

Where got like the old days we buy jeans, shirts that last 10-20 years? Liddat the retailers bankrupt liao

Yes, it is sad that with mass consumerism, many day-to-day products we buy, including fashion are just not built to last and it's pretty much disposable as you said. Indeed, the old stuff from yesteryear still go strong - I still have Guess? jeans and shirts from the 1990's, which was their heyday (Claudia Schiffer, Anna Nicole Smith). Among clothes, jeans are likely those that can last the longest and don't really go out of style, unless its those very distinctive designs or cuttings - I still have Energie, CK and Armani jeans that I've been rotating for 20 years. 

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Jman888 said:

Thai either very small size or their apparel from pratunam or night market usually kiu zui by 2 size after wash [laugh]

haha i bought once when we went thailand as students. After that never again.

Supersonic
14 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

That why buy 5XL and after few washes, it becomes 3XL ... :secret-laugh:

I bought 2XL from chatuchak. After wash become S.....lol

Supersonic
6 hours ago, Ronkovic said:

Yes, it is sad that with mass consumerism, many day-to-day products we buy, including fashion are just not built to last and it's pretty much disposable as you said. Indeed, the old stuff from yesteryear still go strong - I still have Guess? jeans and shirts from the 1990's, which was their heyday (Claudia Schiffer, Anna Nicole Smith). Among clothes, jeans are likely those that can last the longest and don't really go out of style, unless its those very distinctive designs or cuttings - I still have Energie, CK and Armani jeans that I've been rotating for 20 years.

My oldest pair of jeans that I still wear today is from M&S bought in 2002. Lately tear around crotch area...lol.

Brought to alteration shop, patch up for $5 and it looks ready to be worn for another 18yrs

• Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Soya said:

My oldest pair of jeans that I still wear today is from M&S bought in 2002. Lately tear around crotch area...lol.

Brought to alteration shop, patch up for $5 and it looks ready to be worn for another 18yrs

who so hiong and desperate must tear your pant from crotch area? [sweatdrop]

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
21 hours ago, Jman888 said:

who so hiong and desperate must tear your pant from crotch area? [sweatdrop]

Ahemmm......let's juz say it's a gift from above 😜

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator

Today onwards: ESPRIT Online Clearance Sale! Discounts up to 70%! Closing Down All Outlets in Singapore By End of June!

source: https://sg.everydayonsales.com/today-onwards-esprit-online-clearance-sale-discounts-up-to-70-closing-down-all-outlets-in-singapore-by-end-of-june/

FB-MY-Esprit-Clearance-Sale-2020-Up-to.j

Esprit Singapore is having their Online Clearance Sale now. Enjoy discounts up to 70% on men apparels, ladies apparels, kids apparels, fashion accessories and many more.

Under the Covid-19 epidemic, the retail industry was hit hard. Fashion brand Esprit (Esprit Global) announced on 27th April 2020 that in addition to terminating its business in China, it decided to close the remaining 56 branches in Asia which including Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau.

Esprit-Online-Clearance-Sale-2020-Malays

ESPRIT had previously issued a press release saying that due to the impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) epidemic, Most of the countries have implemented closure measures or partially lockdown, resulting in industries facing terrible challenges, so ESPRIT decided to enter the restructuring stage to retain operational capacity to ensure the future of the brand.

According to Esprit’s Facebook page, there are 16 outlets in Singapore.

nikkeiasian-768x538-1.jpg

In a business update published on April 27, Esprit said that the closure of stores is part of its restructuring initiatives to focus resources and recalibrate operations in order to cope with the challenges posed by the worldwide Covid-19 outbreak.

ESPRIT-Closing-Down-Online-Clearance-Sal

Now ESPRIT’s official online store is holding  their online clearance sale! Up to 70% discount on all kinds of clothing! You can take this opportunity to get some ESPRIT clothing!

Promotion URL: Click here

ESPRIT official online store: click here

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1