Off the Street Lights.

ER-3682

Just a Suggestion,since after ''Circuit Breaker'' started last Month,do you think LTA should switch off most Highways,Industrial Roads etc where little Cars use these Roads at night to save Energy.?I felt a waste of Electricity,furthermore Modern Cars with HID & LED, the Lights so bright...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Don't agree. Lights is safety. Or else even if someone is loitering around on the pavements or area, who can see them?

Everytime I'm in these other countries at night, i feel it's too dark to feel safe.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 9

We have excess electricity generated. If you observe carefully, sometimes there are rows of street lamps turned on in the bright sunny days to expense off these electricity. LOL.

Internal Moderator
7 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

We have excess electricity generated. If you observe carefully, sometimes there are rows of street lamps turned on in the bright sunny days to expense off these electricity. LOL.

Oh! no wonder! I tot the lamp is malfunction! hahaha.

• Haha! 2

I feel that they (LTA) can do their part to save some electricity, or to reduce the energy consumption during period by switch on/off alternative street lamp, or to reduce the brightness of alternative street lamp. This will not only reduce our energy consumption, but also reduce our national utility bill. I'm sure after the government has spent so much money on Solitary, Resilience and Unity Budget, you would also want to have the government to save some money. And in turn reduce our carbon footprint, then we decide on how do we want to deal with climate change. 

Whether or not, we have excess production of energy, we should arrow this matter to Singapore Power (who is responsible for the power generation and the national power grid). If we have excess electricity generated, then maybe we should make good use of this downtime to servicing, maintenance or overhaul. Not trying to say those maintenance or servicing guy who are working for power generation company are not doing their job. Alternatively, if you were to make good use of this "downtime", you can still achieve a lot.

Edited by Dinosaur33
Grammatical error

Twincharged

To add further,  I seriously doubt the Street surveillance  cameras are fully IR equipped. I’m sure the street lights do help a lot with the images captured. 
all the more the lights should be on for protection of the assets at the factories which remain shut. 

Public area and roads better to be well lit even there are no people. For safety and also who knows there might have people appeared.

You see some office building lights are also on throughout the night, dont think there are people working. I think they should turn off those lights.

Edited by 13177

4 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Just a Suggestion,since after ''Circuit Breaker'' started last Month,do you think LTA should switch off most Highways,Industrial Roads etc where little Cars use these Roads at night to save Energy.?I felt a waste of Electricity,furthermore Modern Cars with HID & LED, the Lights so bright...

Cannot. Not because of simi safety - U think they so nice ?

What about simi GO GREEN, we very green meh ? The plastic don't know will kill how many dolphins ler.

The REAL story, DUE to POOR GARMENT Policy, our Electricity usage is actually only 50% of CAPACITY and it is DURING PEAK Hours hor.

Turn of STREET LIGHTS ??  Not sure HOW many GENCO will go under lor. Let say 1 street light 100W, you go and count lor.

BTW in a 2017 report, of the don't how many GENCO -- 8 ?? 10?? 14?? ONLY 1 made money lor ..... I think is TUAS Power, that why I signed with them ?? You all OWNSELF Check hor.

Wei .... NOW 2020 leh ..... 2017 is 2017 lor.  I tell you EVEN BEFORE the virus, 2019 already QUITE BAD lor....

12 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Not a good suggestion. You never know when it's going to have heavy rain in the night where visibility is poor. 

That's is definitely something that I did not think of. A point of blind spot when I've made the earlier post. Well, how about including sensor that would make our street lamp more intelligent? So that when the weather turn bad, it would turn on/off automatically or adjust the light intensity to suit the weather condition? 

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

on the contrary...i think shopping malls should down tune the thermostat on Aircon..which in turn can safe alot of $$..imo

13 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Not a good suggestion. You never know when it's going to have heavy rain in the night where visibility is poor. 

Drove on rainy nights in Msia. 

Some highways no lights at all especially those near plantations or those rural towns or villages. The cost effective methods used were to have reflective strips to guide road course.

Damm scary then but it works. 

5 hours ago, Kezg1 said:

on the contrary...i think shopping malls should down tune the thermostat on Aircon..which in turn can safe alot of $$..imo

Totally agree on the malls.  They can turn down the air con or only use half of air con units. 

↡ Advertisement